arlin

Is existence conscious of itself?

291 posts in this topic

Its a paradox which can be experienced and "understood" by experience it. Like they say: total MF...

Edited by tedens

20 minutes ago, tedens said:

Its a paradox which can be experienced and "understood" by experience it. Like they say: total MF...

But ... there is no brain

9_9

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@arlin Language can become fluid and break down. I think self inquiry might be helpful here to get to the underlying substance.

When one says “existence is conscious of itself”, what is “existence”? What is “conscious”? Does existence mean “what IS” here? Does conscious mean “aware” here? Is it another way of asking “Is what IS aware of itself”?

For existence/reality/ISness to be conscious/aware of itself - there needs to be a “thing” (existence) that another thing is aware of. That’s a duality. Nothing wrong with that, there are beautiful teachings of duality. If someone described existence and conscious in this manner we could understand the relative meaning based on context. . . . Or, one could say that existence/reality/ISness and conscious/aware are all One. Here, there is no separation into separation things. This would be a nondual teaching and it is also beautiful. Both have beauty and value. 

@tedens yes its  Relative.  Its a Giant mind exploring infinite perspectives.  You are one of those perspectives.  Using mysticsm you can shift to the giant mind and shift between it and yourself.  Reality is so relative that it comes full circle to be Absolutely so.  Its perfect.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 minute ago, Inliytened1 said:

@tedens yes its  Relative.  Its a Giant mind exploring infinite perspectives.  You are one of those perspectives.  Using mysticsm you can shift to the giant mind and shift between it and yourself.  Reality is so relative that it comes full circle to be Absolutely so.  Its perfect.

You too you have the teacher syndrom ? xD

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

My take is that awareness, existence, Brahman is aware of itself.

It's just not aware of itself as an object, so it doesnt know itself in the same way one would know an object through the mind. Another words, there is no subject-object split.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@tedens I'm both right now.  After that mystical experience the other day i had the final realizations.  All that was left.

I became conscious that i was completely alone.  That's when i shifted to the Giant Mind as God.  It didn't happen at will it just happened.

That was the full realization that it is all me.  

The next realization i had was that i will be each one of you.  I will be my ex girlfriend.  I am God infinitely exploring itself.

That floored me

Now I'm in a state where I'm both.  I can view reality from a non-dual perspective.

One Oness

All realizations have been made.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

17 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Using mysticsm you can shift to the giant mind and shift between it and yourself.  Reality is so relative that it comes full circle to be Absolutely so.  Its perfect.

But I belive that some day someone will discover a gate to the meta.

All there is, is I. I Alone IS. When I say I, that's God saying I. No existent being says I but God, but not all existent beings are conscious of God. That doesn't change the Reality. 

Is God conscious of itself? Yes. He is conscious of itself through this "human" vessel right Now. 

3 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

@tedens I'm both right now.  After that mystical experience the other day i had the final realizations.  All that was left.

I became conscious that i was completely alone.  That's when i shifted to the Giant Mind as God.  It didn't happen at will it just happened.

That was the full realization that it is all me.  

The next realization i had was that i will be each one of you.  I will be my ex girlfriend.  I am God infinitely exploring itself.

That floored me

Now I'm in a state where I'm both.  I can view reality from a non-dual perspective.

One Oness

All realizations have been made.

When will you become me?

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

3 minutes ago, Conrad said:

No existent being says I but God, but not all existent beings are conscious of God.

I would say majority of beings are like that.

@arlin Reality is unlimited, so it is all things. It both is and is not self-conscious. Some parts of reality are self-conscious while others are not. A dog is not self-conscious but a Zen master is. The dog does not know it is God, a Zen master does.

The substance of reality is CONSCIOUSNESS, but be careful, as this does not automatically mean that all parts of reality are conscious of themselves. CONSCIOUSNESS is not the same a self-consciousness. Consciousness/God is so powerful it can imagine itself to be a dog, thus forgetting that it is actually God. When that dog dies it will realize that is was God the whole time, merely pretending to be a dog.

At the highest level, God is fully aware of itself as God. But as its various incarnations it can be deluded and unaware. Just as you right now are unaware that you God. You are conscious but not fully Self-conscious. You are playing the role of a dumb human ;) Until you wake up.

Wakey wakey ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

22 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@arlin Reality is unlimited, so it is all things. It both is and is not self-conscious. Some parts of reality are self-conscious while others are not. A dog is not self-conscious but a Zen master is. The dog does not know it is God, a Zen master does.

The substance of reality is CONSCIOUSNESS, but be careful, as this does not automatically mean that all parts of reality are conscious of themselves. CONSCIOUSNESS is not the same a self-consciousness. Consciousness/God is so powerful it can imagine itself to be a dog, thus forgetting that it is actually God. When that dog dies it will realize that is was God the whole time, merely pretending to be a dog.

At the highest level, God is fully aware of itself as God. But as its various incarnations it can be deluded and unaware. Just as you right now are unaware that you God. You are conscious but not fully Self-conscious. You are playing the role of a dumb human ;) Until you wake up.

Wakey wakey ;)

??

@tedensYes

@Leo Gura Becoming conscious that i was alone was just as bad as the ego death i felt on on initial Awakening.  I felt like puking for hours.   But there was a beautiful OMFG moment too..there is on all realizations.  Everything gets recontextualized.

Got to have a strong stomach guys.   When Leo said you would be conscious of being alone he meant it.  It's mind warping.  And I'm sure its not over.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Conrad

30 minutes ago, tedens said:

I would say majority of beings are like that.

4 minutes ago, Conrad said:

@tedensYes

In our scope of perception, ofc. Who knows whats hiding outa here!

Edited by tedens

3 minutes ago, tedens said:

@Conrad

In our scope of perception, ofc. Who knows whats hiding outa here!

True that ?