kieranperez

Do Spiritual Communities Even Work in Practice?

15 posts in this topic

I personally don't see how this is a truly doable thing if actually put into practice. 

When you talk about starting your own community these days you have to throw in for examples jobs and financial systems. What about a medical system? 

I think spiritual communities are nice as far as things to think about in a more Turquoise world but I just don't see how this is actually a doable thing in practice. 

I remember when I was in a deep depression I was actually about to go live and renounce at a certain community (that will remain nameless) and when I was told I still of course had to pay for health care bills out in this foreign country and pay other bills I asked the obvious question: "well can I do any work where I can get paid?" The answer of course was no because there was no financial system in place at the ashram/community there. Instead I was told, and I'm paraphrasing, 'I suggest you sell your main belongings (car, unnecessary "valuables", etc.) and come out. This way you can pay and go back forth from here and back home.' Thank god I wizened up and smelled the bullshit and didn't go. 

They work on a small scale. They do not work without mainstream society enabling it. They also do not work as a mainstream society itself because not enough people are that developed/conscious. Mainstream society needs hundreds more years of development to get there. Mainsteam society IS THE spiritual community. It just happens to be at a very low level of spirituality today, like 3%.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

58 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

This one is working.  

Heartstrings ☺️♥️ 

Only a fool wouldn't take advantage of this community to improve their life.  This is like the Grand Central Station for personal development work.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

10 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Only a fool wouldn't take advantage of this community to improve their life.  This is like the Grand Central Station for personal development work.  

I prefer Platform 9 3/4 but that works too

28 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

2D0F2638-B50A-4495-802D-487DE3CCBC93.jpeg

When you’re heading out on a solo retreat to realize the magical kingdom of heaven

@kieranperez

Depends on what we mean by spiritual community.

If we're talking about mysticism (Truth-seeking), then no way, not possible, at least not in a thousand years.

Simply because being mainstream promotes survival while mysticism means isolation and therefore inhibits survival.

That means that the few must discover God and preach it to the rest.

And that automatically makes religious societies.

History shows that they work, but they get corrupted after a while.

This community is just an online community, it cannot be compared to a real one ever, it's even silly to try to.

Edited by Truth Addict

@kieranperez I feel like spiritual communities can work if we lower the bar for spiritual communities. Not expecting them to be formal or established, but just expecting them to provide that sense of love and belonging and supportive energy that is so nourishing to personal growth. A community is "a group of people with a common characteristic or interest living together within a larger society". In my apartment, we all watch Leo, and we talk about almost everything within the frame & value system of self-actualization. We have our own group-think and hence our own little community. I know that's probably not what you mean, it's much more informal, less sexy. But it makes sense to me that the best way to find a community geared toward your highest aims is to create it. And the best way to create it, is to start with those closest to you, whom you already love. You can even do finances in your little community. My apartment is planning on establishing a multi-family-office together so we can amass our capital into one place and invest more strategically. When you really isolate from all the more shallow socializing and go deep into your self-made family, it really can feel like a strong community. You share resources, provide counsel & emotional support, learn from each other, and deepen the bonds of love with each other. You can really go deep without a formalized community structure, as long as you have a strong intention and shared vision. I originally got the idea from Epicurus, who I was a big fan of as a freshman philosophy student. In fact Epicurean communes were the first documented communes in the western world, an idea which Christian monasteries built on. It's worth looking into how he did it, he was wildly successful after all. A few friends turned into 400,000+ members all across Europe. 

It all depends on you, no one else. The more conscious you become, the higher you vibrate the higher the reality you shift too. You cannot be in a reality not in matching frequency with your vibration, its universally impossible. Its like trying to see TV channel 9 while being on TV channel 6.

And its not always the people/things will vanish out of your reality as you shift in consciousness you will notice the people/things become more collectively conscious as you yourself have become more conscious.

Some people see a completely different world than you and its all due to how they see/are themselves.

The faster you evolve, the faster the collective evolves with you.

Once you become Enlightened, all becomes Enlightened(so to speak).

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

8 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

What about TJ Reeves? He seems to prefer a small group of elites.

Edited by CreamCat