herghly

Stuck in a job

23 posts in this topic

For those of you who work full time and work on your business at night how do you have the energy?

I'm in the office from around 9-6 and by the time i get home i don't have the will power to discipline my self. I'm still waking up early to have time to meditate for 45 minutes, but i can't help think that's a waste of my energy.

I know I need to find a way to focus my attention on building my online business so i can leave my full time job. There's just so many problems and I don't have the money to just quit

i have weekends. I guess i should cancel soical events on weekends. 

@herghly You should be grateful that you have a fulltime job because that's the first big step to achieving your other life goals.

Instead of meditating learn to work work out and make that your nice little mind relaxing retreat, similar to meditation working out can improve your overall energy levels mentally and physically, and it seems like you need the physical energy. Also make sure to learn to eat right. keep it light. Good luck.

I do work out a lot. Been lifting weights 3-5 times a week for the last few years

May I ask you, what type of job are you working on? And what online business are you planning to start, in what niche?

I do the same and I mainly just work on my business and learning on the weekends. Plus no social life means more work done :). Weekdays for me is usually just an hour or two on my business, and then I gym around 10pm because that’s when there’s less people there.

And find a way to have more money. That doesn’t have to mean put in more hours, find ways to downgrade your living expenses. Downgrade your phone bill, or car, or whatever it is. I still live with my parents at 23, moving out soon, but I’m at a point where I have enough to live for 2 years without a job saved up. And with more saved up you can afford to take time off. Which I’m doing now. Currently on a 10-day break to work on my business. Next month I’ll probably take another week off.

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

I always want to add my current job requires a lot of overtime, usually do not leave the office until around 7pm. Which means it's around 8pm by the time I have arrive at home and showered.

At this moment I am considering to quit the full time job (even though i dont have much in savings) and find part-time work. This should free up a lot of time and energy for me to be working on my business. If i do this I'd have to be very disciplined and strict with myself. In the past, I'd just end up wasting all my time and not working on business / life purposes

@herghly I do Amazon FBA and learning to trade the foreign exchange market.

I often feel criticized around here for doing these things, and I understand it completely. For some reason they link these things with materialism, and say things like “money doesn’t make you happy.” Usually it comes from people who don’t mention any business that they have or are working on. They have so many good theories about personal development and spirituality, but when it comes to practicality and money they get upset.

For your situation, just try to save up somehow, and then leave. You mentioned you’re doing e-commerce too, it requires capital doesn’t it? Only case where it doesn’t require as much would be dropshipping.

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

@7thLetter I'm dropping but still require capital to spend on ads.

Why foreign exchange not crypto?

15 minutes ago, herghly said:

@7thLetter I'm dropping but still require capital to spend on ads.

@herghly There you go, my suggestion is to just save up depending on your situation, before anything.

Because I've been on and off studying Forex for 3 years now, so its what I know best. This year I'm actually taking some online courses for it so that I can actually develop a good strategy before I actually start trading live.

I actually have a bit in crypto but not much. I just treat crypto as a speculative investment. Plus its too volatile for me. Crazy story I actually lost a couple thousand back in Dec 2017 out of pure greed. I never looked at the technicals, I just bought into the hype. But at the same time I also was up a couple thousand in less than a month when NEO hit $50. That sort of volatility seems awesome but it can also be a bit dangerous if you don't have the ability to handle yourself.

Also one or two more points, in crypto there isn't really the option to "demo" trade, trading with fake money. This is pretty important for practicing. And there isn't the option to borrow leverage from a broker. I'm sure there might be a way but its just more accessible when trading Forex.

You can try Pure Phytoplankton by ACTIVATION. It's a natural superfood that is known to boost energy. It can be found on Amazon. You can also try to delegate tasks that take up energy such as cooking, cleaning, etc. You can cook all your meals on 1-2 days off the week or use a meal delivery service. If you clean your residence, you can have someone come and clean it 1-2 a week, if your budget allows it. 

@herghly If you haven't read The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ DeMarco, it's a must. And if being employed suits you more, find a job that strikes home your passion.

On 4/25/2019 at 7:41 AM, 7thLetter said:

That sort of volatility seems awesome but it can also be a bit dangerous if you don't have the ability to handle yourself.

Yes. Volatility is a double-edged sword. You either flow with it, or get destroyed by it. Don't try to beat the market. Flow with it. ^_^

Also one or two more points, in crypto there isn't really the option to "demo" trade, trading with fake money. This is pretty important for practicing. And there isn't the option to borrow leverage from a broker. I'm sure there might be a way but its just more accessible when trading Forex.

Of course there are options to demo trade -- just explore Google. In the worst case, take a good old pencil and paper and write your potential calls down. Concerning leverage, it's just as easy to margin trade crypto as it is forex. For major pairs, use BitMex. For alts, use Binance. I've been in crypto for 3 years, took the same hard hits as you, but then developed exponentially. It's one of my superpowers; to learn so quickly. :P But don't take my word for it, there is a reason why most traders fail. Treat trading in the same way you treat personal development: be true to yourself, ask metaphysical questions, wonder what does the public have in common. 

Edited by SirVladimir

@herghly How long have you been meditating? And why do you think it's a waste of energy?

"Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence". Erich Fromm

On 22/12/2019 at 6:20 AM, CuteCornDog said:

Having a job is great.

Not having a job is sometimes even better. xD 

Hell is other people (Sartre)

Edited by Amandine

"Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence". Erich Fromm

You need to start positioning your money in ways that will help you break free from the 9-5. Not only that working on getting the business stable enough to produce income. I personally would start by selling off the stuff you don't need. Selling off stuff that is distracting you. Minimizing expenses like phone bill (youtube cheaper plans), car insurance, etc etc. Seriously renegotiate or remove any subscriptions gym etc. Down sizing anything like a car with a car payment. Downsizing even a house if you need to. Own all of your stuff. Get rid of any high interest debts. You could live in a trailer and make it work if you really want to. Stop wasting your money on bs and get serious about it.