Andreas

What is the purpose of ego and life?

17 posts in this topic

Im confused. I’ve contemplated this for hours. Can’t seem to find an answer. Any thoughts? 

Anything and evetything and at the same time nothing...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

@Andreas Just thinking about it will not be enough. You need to hit a new state of consciousness.

Meditation, yoga, or psychedelics are needed. The answer is experiential, not verbal or rational.

When you really discover why it all exists, it blows your whole heart open. It takes your breath away. It is a religious conversion experience. It is not even in the same ballpark as a verbal answer.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

@Andreas Just thinking about it will not be enough. You need to hit a new state of consciousness.

Meditation, yoga, or psychedelics are needed. The answer is experiential, not verbal or rational.

When you really discover why it all exists, it blows your whole heart open. It takes your breath away. It is a religious conversion experience. It is not even in the same ballpark as a verbal answer.

So what you are saying here is that there is no ‘why’ that can be expressed with words? But how can it then be understood as a concept? Can this question be answered verbally? 

Edited by Andreas

47 minutes ago, Andreas said:

So what you are saying here is that there is no ‘why’ that can be expressed with words? But how can it then be understood as a concept? Can this question be answered verbally? 

No, it can definitely be expressed with words -- but -- those words will ring hollow to anyone who hasn't had the direct realization. Words only have meaning to you when they have a corresponding reference experience. The word "apple" means nothing to you unless you've tasted an actual apple first. Then the word becomes useful. So it's like I'm talking about apples to you but you've never even seen an apple. So to you the word is empty.

It CAN be understood as a concept, but the concept of it is not the thing itself. I have explained the purpose of ego and life many times in my videos as a concept. But what good does it do you? Not much, because you need to discover the truth of what I say for yourself. Then my words will have some significance to you.

Yes, it can be answered verbally, but it's weak compared to the non-verbal realization. Here's your verbal answer:

What is the purpose of ego? Survival

What is the purpose of life? To experience yourself as God

Why does anything exist at all? Absolute Infinity

Remember that words are pointers. Pointers to direct experiences. So you must discover what the pointers are pointing to.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

No, it can definitely be expressed with words -- but -- those words will ring hollow to anyone who hasn't had the direct realization. Words only have meaning to you when they have a corresponding reference experience. The word "apple" means nothing to you unless you've tasted an actual apple first. Then the word becomes useful. So it's like I'm talking about apples to you but you've never even seen an apple. So to you the word is empty.

It CAN be understood as a concept, but the concept of it is not the thing itself. I have explained the purpose of ego and life many times in my videos as a concept. But what good does it do you? Not much, because you need to discover the truth of what I say for yourself. Then my words will have some significance to you.

Yes, it can be answered verbally, but it's weak compared to the non-verbal realization. Here's your verbal answer:

Remember that words are pointers. Pointers to direct experiences. So you must discover what the pointers are pointing to.

Thank you!

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Can God experience itself as God outside life? It feels that I'm speaking non-sense.

Edited by CreamCat

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Why does anything exist at all? Absolute Infinity

What I don't understand is...

Why does god need the ego to experience itself? Why making all of its parts (us) suffer when it can just realize its existence without all this bullshit game of ego?

Inquire in the now.

Feeling is the truest knowing ?️

Ironically, without Ego, God cannot know how it came to be itself, god cannot find itself, without an "other" THE ONE has no reflect point to see and learn from itself. This way, it can experience itself becoming itself and knowing itself. I know its confusing but its beautiful and absolutely, infinitely, genius!

Oneness requires separation to see/learn/understand itself.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

2 hours ago, billiesimon said:

Why does god need the ego to experience itself? Why making all of its parts (us) suffer when it can just realize its existence without all this bullshit game of ego?

This is something that can't be understandood solely by thinking because, first suffer is a concept, there's no one suffering, and second , there's no us, so you see the problem with trying to thinking about it ?

Yeah it definitely looks completely non sense from the minds perspective, that's why you need to have the experience, to raise your conciousness so you'll be able to understand

16 hours ago, Andreas said:

Im confused. I’ve contemplated this for hours. Can’t seem to find an answer. Any thoughts? 

@Andreas The purpose of life is to evolve. As to why, that is something you need to experience. I came to this experience through many sessions of psychedelics and meditation.

The ego is a tool for survival in this realm. It also is a source of suffering, which is fuel for evolution. In this way, you could argue that suffering is "good".

My take on it is this:

God is infinite love and infinite intelligence.

In order to experience and utilize infinite ingelligence/love you need an ego. That’s where ‘you’ come in. ‘You’ are the power of god, but not the source of the power.

‘Heaven and hell’ is basicly the same thing. A life lived with a lot of ego, and a life full of selflessness. 

In order to come to heaven you, as gods power, need to defeat the devil, or the ego. But don’t demonize the devil, he is there to protect you. He just needs to be transcended. Hell is needed to create ‘reality’. 

The devil get’s transcended when it no longer has power. The devil  loses it’s power when gods power doesn’t need any protection from it’s environment. The ‘individual’ then gains godpower and enters heaven with the implications and responsibilities it bears with it. The heaven will be scary to the ‘individual’ if the devil has power. It needs to be trancended through gods power. 

Please tell me if you disagree and what you disagree on. 

Edited by Andreas

@Andreas The brain is like a pair of twoness goggles of forgetfulness. One puts it on, and see’s only in duality. If you care to play along let me know, (bring a lunch) your contemplation can be helped with some questions. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

20 hours ago, billiesimon said:

The game is not other than itself.

12 hours ago, Andreas said:

My take on it is this:

God is infinite love and infinite intelligence.

In order to experience and utilize infinite ingelligence/love you need an ego. That’s where ‘you’ come in. ‘You’ are the power of god, but not the source of the power.

‘Heaven and hell’ is basicly the same thing. A life lived with a lot of ego, and a life full of selflessness. 

In order to come to heaven you, as gods power, need to defeat the devil, or the ego. But don’t demonize the devil, he is there to protect you. He just needs to be transcended. Hell is needed to create ‘reality’. 

The devil get’s transcended when it no longer has power. The devil  loses it’s power when gods power doesn’t need any protection from it’s environment. The ‘individual’ then gains godpower and enters heaven with the implications and responsibilities it bears with it. The heaven will be scary to the ‘individual’ if the devil has power. It needs to be trancended through gods power. 

Please tell me if you disagree and what you disagree on. 

It's more like YOU ARE the source of the power and the ego is a toy you get to play with.

Hell is a frame of mind, and this is heaven which is not the afterlife.

Most actions you might perceive to be bad in this life are not, you are simply mistaken. The most evil bastards experience the same bliss as Mother Theresa in death. (Not to say there are NO fundamentally bad things)

I don't think there is massive value on dwelling on the devil. 

Edited by Druid420

No such thing as an ego since there's no such thing as gravity.

Your ego is just a word which is used to describe your opinion of something. Your ego tells you not to speak to that badass guy to protect you. Your ego tells you to learn billiards to blend in with your friends. 

Your mind is the overall you. Sometimes the current you take control, sometimes you let the previous you ( your opinions) take control.

On 4/11/2019 at 5:38 AM, billiesimon said:

I've spent a lot of time trying to understand this and I don't think I will ever understand it on an intellectual level. Perhaps it could be understood on some existential nonverbal level. . . 

What comes to mind is a mouse asking why it's a mouse and living a life as a mouse. It seems kinda silly to me. Yet is it not just as silly for humans to do that as well? 

Sometimes it all seems like this bizarre cosmic joke and it's best to just go with the flow as if it's real. . .