Mu_

"Self-Realized": I'm available to answer your sincere questions on waking up....

118 posts in this topic

@SoonHei You are awake at all times, your identity is attached to the wrong thing, almost like you've forgotten who you are, 

so there is really not one going through the process, but there is THE ONE going through the process , but it seems that "you" are the one going through the process to get to the THE ONE 

it's a paradox in itself of one single delusion lol 

"i" thought

3 hours ago, noselfnofun said:

great thanks, defo don't want you to die tomorrow so hopefully that wont happen anytime soon ahah.

I feel like most seekers, the fear of death is what is driving there search. 

Alot of teachers say when they wake up they realise this is just the beginning, do you feel there is more work to be done and what dose that work entail? 

you say emotions still arise but do you think there is a place one can reach where your not only fully awake but have complete emotional mastery ? 

In certain Buddhist text they have different descriptions on the degree of enlightenment. stream entry to once returner to arhat. Is an arhat just someone who has completely purified themselves and gained emotional mastery ? 

There’s always more to learn experience and go through. It’s a good attitude to have in my opinion. It’s not a should or a must. But keeps one modest and open.  But really it’s always the beginning and the end. The total is in all places and in all views. There isn’t a spot and there isn’t a spot where everything is not fully there. 

In regards if there is emotional mastery or permentant bliss embodiments, I don’t see why not.  Anything’s possible. But if you go out seeking and always frustrated that this has not been reached, your in for some unsatisfaction along that destination most likely. 

22 hours ago, traveler said:

How do you find motivation for bettering yourself or life situation after an abiding awakening? (if you have bad habits; unhealthy eating or bad sleep patterns etc. or having the motivation to train or work towards something) 

Is this something you feel like is happening to you?  If so can you elaborate?

Edited by Mu_

@Aakash yes

That's why i wrote "that you're fully awake to begin with"

But yes. Lovely paradox, just like any other relative concept.

And yes, you are a concept :D

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@Mu_ if a seeker is doing powerful techniques correctly (regular phyc's retreats included) is it true that it's just a matter of time.before he is enlightened?

16 hours ago, Aaron p said:

@Mu_ if a seeker is doing powerful techniques correctly (regular phyc's retreats included) is it true that it's just a matter of time.before he is enlightened?

I was listening to a chillstep mix yesterday and alan watts was on it and said something pertaining to your question that is really interesting.  He said people love things that look difficult or are advertised as powerful or secret, it makes the individual think it must be more effective, and that the stuff that is simple isn't as effective or will yield less results (the person can also feel really special in relation to another that they are doing this powerful techniques as well and this just creates more idea's of the individual and feelings of superiority).  Thought this may be of use to consider. 

My thoughts are don't get caught up in "powerful" techniques and just do what your drawn to and find is helpful in working through what is causing suffering in your life or to others.  Sometimes you will have to stick with something for a bit before you see results.  But in my opinion, if you don't see any results of any kind or get any feeling from your heart or intuition that things are useful in 1-1.5 months, then just drop it and try something else.

Edited by Mu_

@Mu_

I would appreciate it if you could answer this question as honestly as you can.

Who are you? What do you take yourself to be?

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

I really can't honestly answer the "who are you" question because generally a question requires the knowledge of what the asker is asking, and I don't know what you mean.  Like when the body was born and the name given?  What are my tendencies?  Do I see myself as god because I understand what we all are?  What first thought arises when you ask the question?  (honestly the question created the thought, what do you mean....)

Elaborate a little....

Edited by Mu_

@Mu_

Suppose the question "who are you?" appears on a paper and you are supposed to write an answer to it.

There is no criteria, judgment or context to this question. You are supposed to write whatever spontaneously comes as first response in a sensible manner. A genuine, true response of what you really feel as true for yourself spontaneously.

It's not meant as a trick question that needs to be figured out through clever arguments and justifications.

:)

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

3 minutes ago, Preetom said:

@Mu_

Suppose the question "who are you?" appears on a paper and you are supposed to write an answer to it.

There is no criteria, judgment or context to this question. You are supposed to write whatever spontaneously comes as first response in a sensible manner.

It's not meant as a trick question that needs to be figured out through clever arguments and justifications.

:)

The answer can't be written on a piece of paper, haha.  And its not meant to be a cleaver argument or justification.  What is a "who" an "are" and a "you"?  Again not a clever dance around the question but a answer to that which you seek. 

I could say I don't know, but that is just a human psychological state describing the effect that question has on the body.  I could say I do know, but it would only be partial since I don't fully know myself.  The easiest for the time being response is we/I/you/all is God, but again that brings up ideas of which are made of the energy itself that the question "who are we" is asking, so to say the answer can put "IT" into a object sense that instantly limits "IT" because its bigger then being able to know in a answer.

Does that help you?

3 minutes ago, Mu_ said:

The answer can't be written on a piece of paper, haha.  And its not meant to be a cleaver argument or justification.  What is a "who" an "are" and a "you"?  Again not a clever dance around the question but a answer to that which you seek. 

I could say I don't know, but that is just a human psychological state describing the effect that question has on the body.  I could say I do know, but it would only be partial since I don't fully know myself.  The easiest for the time being response is we/I/you/all is God, but again that brings up ideas of which are made of the energy itself that the question "who are we" is asking, so to say the answer can put "IT" into a object sense that instantly limits "IT" because its bigger then being able to know in a answer.

Does that help you?

And no this does not mean silence is the best answer to this question either...

Why do we have a sense of self if we are not meant to have one... shouldn't infinite intelligence be able to bypass this?

@Mu_

Thank you. I wish you all the best. Take care.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

10 minutes ago, Paul92 said:

Why do we have a sense of self if we are not meant to have one... shouldn't infinite intelligence be able to bypass this?

Who said we are not meant to have one?  Or its not supposed to happen? Some interpretations of a text from random strangers you've learned from or you read from yourself? 

Edited by Mu_

4 minutes ago, Paul92 said:

Some make the distinction that sense of self based on an internalized image is the real problem. Once this counterfeit sense of self is seen through, the True Self of Essence which is counterpart to false personality/ego can take it place. Identity is then based on being instead of internalized pictures of oneself.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

@Mu_  Seems to me that everyone here is obsessed with ridding themselves of their self. Not being provocative. Just how I see it.

Do you have a sense of time after the awakening? Or is it going at a different pace?

11 hours ago, Jkris said:

@Paul92 your question is same as why creation is like this ? Nobody knows.

Some of us knows ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.