Riyaazbasha

Where to start to self-improve?

8 posts in this topic

There are lot of people on Internet telling me do this, do that and I personally watch lot of videos on YouTube, read lot of articles to self improve myself, lately I have been having this feeling, where the heck am I supposed to start for self-improving? I have been wondering if I start here will I ever succeed or not? 

@Riyaazbasha Start where are you at.

Look around you. What could you improve? What could you make better?

How could you optimize your surroundings?

Here is some things you could do to get started:

1.) Buy a journal and place it near your bed or your desk.

2.) Sit for 20 minutes and just BE (Meditation)

3.) Exercise and take care of your body and diet; aka clean up your fridge.

4.) Sit down with pen and paper and write down some goals you have in mind.

Pretty much start with whatever is most comfortable for you. From there, start doing those things more often and get some momentum going for your self. 
Also, check out Leo's book list. There are some essentials on there. 

I would also suggest going on Actualized.org/blueprint

It's Leo's wonderful blueprint to kick start your self-development

I would focus on Life Purpose and Strategic Thinking in the blueprint first, and watch Leo's videos based on those topics.

You're not human, you're the universe

Self image-- all personal development even the deepest levels, start and stop here: what you believe about yourself.

I love exercise and started there but even this can be destructive if you don't love yourself (sounds mushy but most people don't).

Leo has good vids on self image... Many of his later vids also revolve around this topic as well.

I wish you well, excited for you.

I beleive you can only succeed in self improvement if you accept yourself first. Find out what your morals and values are, strengths, weaknesses, and all that, then embrace them all.

You can't work on something you know nothing about!

You should read books instead of articles because the knowledge gained will be more in depth.

Look for books or articles several hundred years in the past. The readership was a lot smaller, so the quality is likely to be higher. The downside is they may not appeal to your Ego. They may also be potentially more useful, but also potentially more corrupting.

Embrace danger, but look to mitigate damage.

Of Interest: Aristotle(Teleology), Carl Jung, Christopher Langan(Holo-pantheism),  William James (Pragmatism).

Evil "Caesar's Wife must be above suspicion".: Plato (Ideal forms), John Stuart Mill (Anti-teleos Utilitarianism), Leibniz (Trinitarianism), Spinoza(Pantheism) Buddhism(Paradox), Jainism?(Hysteria), Nietzsche (Perspectivism) William James (Pragmatism).