Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rohit saluja

I am a tinnitus sufferer, Is it still possible for me attain enlightenment.

20 posts in this topic

Tinnitus is a ringing in ears and head, kind of like a buzzing sound which can drive people to commit suicide, it causes stress , anxiety, and there is no cure for it.

And now my goal of life is to experience enlightenment and want to achieve real happiness is it still possible for me !

Yes.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@Rohit saluja did you ever try it with white noise? 

i know there is a cure where they try to find the exact tone the tinnitus makes in the ear and with that they somehow make the tinnitus disappear. but maybe white noise could also help.

i know this is not about the question you asked, but as i can only tell you the answer to this i only tell you the answer to this - the answer to the other question, only you can answer to that by walking the path.

Tinnitus is experienced. Who is experiencing it? :)

Dont look at me! Look inside!

6 hours ago, Rilles said:

Tinnitus is experienced. Who is experiencing it? :)

no chill

11 hours ago, Shadowraix said:

First step, stop saying you are suffering from tinnitus. ?

Yup!

Are you defining enlightenment as the end of all suffering? Cause if that is the case then no, you can't become enlightened until you stop suffering from tinnitus. One can be enlightened with tinnitus! They aren't mutually exclusive concepts. Now, if you are looking for alleviation from your tinnitus symptoms I would reccomend seeking a trained physician in the matter. What worked for me to alleviate my symptoms was noticing which postures and head tilt positions caused louder or softer "volumes" of ringing. It still never goes a way completely, but being aware of it can help you notice it less in a slightly paradoxical sense. When bouts of ringing are really bad, I enjoy listening to music on the lowest possible volume that I can distinguish different pitches and really focus in on the shifts and dynamics on the song! You'll find helps "take your mind off" your tinnitus pitch! 

11 hours ago, now is forever said:

@Rohit saluja did you ever try it with white noise? 

i know there is a cure where they try to find the exact tone the tinnitus makes in the ear and with that they somehow make the tinnitus disappear. but maybe white noise could also help.

along with that I also reccomend finding your specific tinnitus pitch (gain an of understand how sound is interpreted by the ear, ~10hz-25khz) and slowy trying to shift your tinnitus pitch into a more inaudible range which will help alleviate your symptoms! 

13 hours ago, Rohit saluja said:

Tinnitus is a ringing in ears and head, kind of like a buzzing sound which can drive people to commit suicide, it causes stress , anxiety, and there is no cure for it.

I have tinnitus too, so you're not alone. I was depressed because of it, but acceptance is all can do. For me it's not problem anymore.  Just dont focus and give any attention to it. 

There is no cure for it. So you think ;)

B R E A T H E

Nah dude, you're fucked. Out of all the people who have ever lived, many of them who had to overcome great obstacles, you're the only person that has ever lived and will ever live whose situation is absolutely hopeless.

On a serious note: Don't be too concerned about what you read on how other people end up who have tinnitus. Most of those who end up badly because of it have no familiarity with meditation or deep inner work. Take note of the moments that you aren't being bothered by the fact that there is a ringing inside your head. Take note of the moments you forget it (or that you remember that you had forgotten it). You can only suffer from your 'illness' if you're resisting it. Otherwise, it's just a ringing in you ears.

You can also be annoyed or disturbed by the fact that there is a mould on your arm, for instance. A ringing in your ears may be a little bit more intrusive, but it's the same general dynamic. Neither of them is disturbing in and of itself; It's just the way your mind labels it and energetically resists it

I would say to you: See if you can catch the moment you start resenting or resisting the fact that you have a ringing in your ears. See if you can take a step back from it, and just look at the resistance itself. Most people never learn to take the step back, to take a step away of their problems in life in which they get so identified and so caught up in.

So see if you can do that, to be aware of the resistance, and then let it go. If you can't seem to let it go that well, then be aware first. Then letting go will come later.

Edited by Skanzi

I am using a new account named "Nightwise". In in fact intend to stop using this account from now on and use that account instead. So I am not planning on using these two account interchangeably or intermittently. Only "Nightwise" from now on. I am doing so merely because I like the username much more. For some reason, that feels to be important to me. 

I dealt with tinnitus back in my teen years and it caused me some amount of stress and anxiety so I sorta get how you feel.

But now in my early 20's, it's pretty much mostly relieved now. I was able to get through it back then starting with listening to white noise and also just plain avoiding listening to loud music for a while. This was before I knew anything about mindfulness practices.

Even back then, I still managed to eventually reached a point where I forgot my tinnitus was even there and the problem was essentially solved. Even if I can still hear some of my tinnitus symptoms today if I am reminded of it and I focus hard enough on it.

You're fine. The only condition you should be worried about it vagina dentata.

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all."

-Aristotle 

Use it as an objetc of awereness. Bring your focus to the high pitched sound. Stay there as long as you can. 

7 hours ago, OrpheusNovum said:

You're fine. The only condition you should be worried about it vagina dentata.

lol said the mantis

Even if they surgically remove your pineal gland, Enlightenment is Inevitable one way or another.

B R E A T H E

1 hour ago, now is forever said:

lol said the mantis

Mantis?

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all."

-Aristotle