Viking

Beauty=Delusion

22 posts in this topic

In order to perceive beauty you have to be deluded, here's why:

Say you see a flower. it's shapes, colors, maybe you can smell it or you can touch it and hear it. There is nothing in these perceptions that is "beauty", therefore beauty comes from your beliefs about the flower. Those beliefs aren't grounded in anything, it's empty stories. if you believe those stories so much as to perceive "beauty" and "awe" you are deluded by definition.

if you take psychedelics and look at your hand and see beauty, you're deluded.

if you look at a painting, and you experience beauty, you're deluded.

if you see beauty in existence, you're deluded.

You are correct. Beauty only exists in the eye of the beholder.

3 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

You are correct. Beauty only exists in the eye of the beholder.

but my problem with it then, is i cant appreciate it, because i know it's fake. and everyone here including Leo always talks about appreciation of it.

Edited by Viking

@Viking You can still appreciate a good movie even though you know it's not real.

1 minute ago, cetus56 said:

@Viking You can still appreciate a good movie even though you know it's not real.

but that is because I forget it's not real, if i am conscious the whole time it's not real, i cant appreciate it. this is what happens in real life to me, if i get glimpses of beauty, habitually it's getting shot down because i know it's not real.

Then it's a conscious choice your making. Appreciation is optional.

2 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

Then it's a conscious choice your making. Appreciation is optional.

ok, i got it, that's new.

but i got a new problem- if if know something isn't real, but i choose to appreciate it, the appreciation is less intense than if i had believed 100% it was real. Like when stuff happens in movies and in real life, you experience much more emotions in real life.

so with that in mind, love is the same, it's also a delusion, the source of love, not the feelings of love, which are real. But the thing with love, is that it's unintentional, you cant control when you love and when you dont love. so if in your subconscious you know that love isnt real, you wont feel it, because for true love to be felt, you have to be deluded it's real, it's that kind of feeling. like you cant force yourself to be sad or happy by sheer will.

@Viking Love is different then beauty though. Love is more like a universal force or truth.

2 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@Viking Love is different then beauty though. Love is more like a universal force or truth.

why? it's still stories.

I know what your saying. I have no proof that love is anything other then wishfull thinking but still I have faith in love.

@Viking You’re talking about your thoughts & beliefs when you’re deciphering ‘real’ here. Otherwise, your beauty would be readily apparent. Watch The Hurricane, with Denzel. You’ll like it. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Viking All knowledge is grounded in belief. Even this knowledge that I'm presenting to you.
Your reality is held in place by either your inability, or unwillingness to challenge it.

What asks questions? The mind. What answers them? The mind.
The point is not to silence it, but to see that you have nothing to say in what the mind ponders.
If you do, it is because the mind says so.

The mind loves to get hung up on its own riddles.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@Viking On what level? On a relative level yes I love my children, my wife and now my gf. On a metaphysical level yes I've experienced a collective love that is universal.

1 hour ago, Viking said:

In order to perceive beauty you have to be deluded, here's why:

Say you see a flower. it's shapes, colors, maybe you can smell it or you can touch it and hear it. There is nothing in these perceptions that is "beauty", therefore beauty comes from your beliefs about the flower. Those beliefs aren't grounded in anything, it's empty stories. if you believe those stories so much as to perceive "beauty" and "awe" you are deluded by definition.

if you take psychedelics and look at your hand and see beauty, you're deluded.

if you look at a painting, and you experience beauty, you're deluded.

if you see beauty in existence, you're deluded.

If you are deluded too, you are seeking something more? Take a look at this first.

You've got it backwards, when you see beauty you are truly seeing, when you don't see it you are deluded. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Viking beautiful perfect.except the empty conciousness is real rest all is illusion.its just unnatural.so be as you are.why are bothering yourself which is an illusion that leo is appreciating beauty that is his problem isn't it.

If you experience beauty and still deny it, you are deluded! ;) 

For me, the acknowledgment of a flower is in itself beautiful ???‍♂️

Beauty = being. When you understand that, life becomes a lot more beautiful 

@Viking

3 hours ago, mandyjw said:

You've got it backwards, when you see beauty you are truly seeing, when you don't see it you are deluded. 

This.