Monkey-man

Is it possible that mind will ever claim that it is a fiction?

11 posts in this topic

Is that possible that ego-self / mind can ever claim: YES! I AM FICTION, I ADMIT THAT, I NO LONGER CARE ABOUT MY SELF BECAUSE I KNOW THAT I AM FICTION.

And after that it will stop protecting itself at all.

Or it will stand firm in self-protection until awakening?

10 minutes ago, Monkey-man said:

, I NO LONGER CARE ABOUT MY SELF BECAUSE I KNOW THAT I AM FICTION.

Not a chance.

47 minutes ago, Monkey-man said:

Is that possible that ego-self / mind can ever claim: YES! I AM FICTION, I ADMIT THAT, I NO LONGER CARE ABOUT MY SELF BECAUSE I KNOW THAT I AM FICTION.

And after that it will stop protecting itself at all.

Or it will stand firm in self-protection until awakening?

Mind can never see that it's fiction. The only thing that can see that is the one seeing thought.

Do you think that when you see the True Nature, there will appear a sign, where there is written something like: „Hello sir, looking sharp today. I would like to congratulate you, because you have just became worthy of the status Enlightened being. Oh, and this is God by the way. Enjoy your ride!“

13 minutes ago, Telepresent said:

Mind can say it, sure. Believe it? Know it? Hmm

I will join him on this one :)

Mind can say anything. Mind can believe anything (using a different definition than the person I'm quoting). This is all irrelevant

What the mind believes or says isn't relevant. What is relevant is that you KNOW it. Knowing, in the sense that I'm using it, has nothing to do with the mind. Knowing means internalizing a truth. It then goes deeper then your mind. Until that knowing happens, anything the mind says or believes is just a silly game you play to befool and distract yourself.

Mind has nothing to do with whether you believe it to be a fiction or not. Mind can not believe itself to be real, but this is just a comical trick of itself because it's still the mind judging the mind as unreal. The same game.

Edited by Skanzi

I am using a new account named "Nightwise". In in fact intend to stop using this account from now on and use that account instead. So I am not planning on using these two account interchangeably or intermittently. Only "Nightwise" from now on. I am doing so merely because I like the username much more. For some reason, that feels to be important to me. 

The only way to know that would be to die first.

But you won't do that if you think you're real, 

Don't you ?

So you're kind in an impass here,

Unless there was a way to die without dying ...

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Is the Mind really a fiction?  In what sense?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Monkey-man The mind cannot kill itself. The point is not to have a silent mind either. Prolonged immersion in the self will eventually result in a quieter mind, but if you chase a quiet mind, and not enlightenment, you won't get either.