theking00

What is a healthy ego?

36 posts in this topic

Define healthy.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Healthy ego is one which allows you to operate on Level 3 of Leo's model

We are enslaved by anything we do not consciously see. We are freed by conscious perception.

- Vernon Howard

Watch this video:

Edited by Joseph Maynor

A healthy ego is a non-ego

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@theking00 Applying unconditional love to the ego is a very healthy first step this way it feels safer to bring more of itself outside of the shadows, loving your failings allows you to keep them under tabs and  transmute them much much quicker. Like a child who is scolded for being who he is will eventually begin to simply hide who he is and do what he wants more sneakily, I know i did haha. The whole "Ego is the enemy kill it at all costs" attitude which your likely going hear advised often and is just ego anyway. One who is truly without a shred of ego would also psychically die, even your body is just ego/boundaries, so if someone with a mouth tells you they have no ego guess whats talking.

But even asking this question is a good step. Supplement your spirtual pratice with some healthy structure to make your ego a more suitable tool for expressing the divine truths gained from the spirtual pratices. Things such as deepening your understanding of psychology and training your ego to have healthier goals and ways to satisfy its needs like working out instead of video games, a healthier diet, or making your dating standard focused on seeking a well rounded psychologically stable person with healthy self respect instead of the hottest person at any cost. On the psychology side I recommend Jordan Peterson's full psychology courses he posted on youtube, they are basically just him teaching a entire collage class that you can enjoy for free(although id take his emotional political criticisms with a grain of salt they have some truth but only partially like anyone who 100% sure of anything). They are great for providing a solid foundation that provide a support for your spiritual practices. Spiritual practices such as meditation, psychedelics, and yoga can decrease the density of your ego but if you dont build the foundation of a healthy relationship with ego first sometimes it backfires and the ego with will claim the insights creating the ultimate sneaky ninja of spiritual ego which often ends someones progress for very long amounts of time.  

3 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

A healthy ego is a non-ego

Bingo!

Video on point to watch: One of the best videos I've ever seen on Enlightenment.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Strong and independent.

Unconditional self-compassion, deeply integrated, self-transcended, high self esteem, authentic, independent from results or thoughts of others. Values his own opinion of himself above all else – That is confidence.

It protects without effort, anger, or getting over protective, transparent and bulletproof.

A flexible mask that easily changes to fit any situation.

True authenticity is pure infinite flexibility of endless potential.

An ego who is aware and conscious of God. An ego that understands that the ‘’I’’ (ego) is itself God because God is Everything and nothing can be apart from God. Everything is included, that includes all illusions like the ego as well.

2 minutes ago, Highest said:

An ego who is aware and conscious of God. An ego that understands that the ‘’I’’ (ego) is itself God because God is Everything and nothing can be apart from God. Everything is included, that includes all illusions like the ego as well.

This sounds dead on like Leo's non-dual philosophy.  Am I right?  You two must be drinking from the same fountain somewhere.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 minute ago, Highest said:

@Joseph Maynor Yeah, you are probably right. The fountain tastes very good ?

Did you lift Leo's philosophy haha? 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor No, the fact that God is everything and the fact that I am conscious that I am God, and the fact that the ‘’I’’ is an illusion came from my personal direct conscious experiences. Leo just confirmed what I already knew, but he is much more conscious and understands non-duality more than me which is why I love watching his videos.

2 hours ago, enderx7 said:

@theking00 Applying unconditional love to the ego is a very healthy first step this way it feels safer to bring more of itself outside of the shadows, loving your failings allows you to keep them under tabs and  transmute them much much quicker. Like a child who is scolded for being who he is will eventually begin to simply hide who he is and do what he wants more sneakily, I know i did haha. The whole "Ego is the enemy kill it at all costs" attitude which your likely going hear advised often and is just ego anyway. One who is truly without a shred of ego would also psychically die, even your body is just ego/boundaries, so if someone with a mouth tells you they have no ego guess whats talking.

But even asking this question is a good step. Supplement your spirtual pratice with some healthy structure to make your ego a more suitable tool for expressing the divine truths gained from the spirtual pratices. Things such as deepening your understanding of psychology and training your ego to have healthier goals and ways to satisfy its needs like working out instead of video games, a healthier diet, or making your dating standard focused on seeking a well rounded psychologically stable person with healthy self respect instead of the hottest person at any cost. On the psychology side I recommend Jordan Peterson's full psychology courses he posted on youtube, they are basically just him teaching a entire collage class that you can enjoy for free(although id take his emotional political criticisms with a grain of salt they have some truth but only partially like anyone who 100% sure of anything). They are great for providing a solid foundation that provide a support for your spiritual practices. Spiritual practices such as meditation, psychedelics, and yoga can decrease the density of your ego but if you dont build the foundation of a healthy relationship with ego first sometimes it backfires and the ego with will claim the insights creating the ultimate sneaky ninja of spiritual ego which often ends someones progress for very long amounts of time.  

So the ego is not evil? Leo said that the ego is the devil.

1 hour ago, Highest said:

@Joseph Maynor No, the fact that God is everything and the fact that I am conscious that I am God, and the fact that the ‘’I’’ is an illusion came from my personal direct conscious experiences. Leo just confirmed what I already knew, but he is much more conscious and understands non-duality more than me which is why I love watching his videos.

I am not god I am just human being.

13 hours ago, theking00 said:

What is a healthy ego?

i'll put it this way to make it clear for you: a healthy ego is one that:

1. is aware of its weakness
  2. can come up with plans to overcome them
  3. is able to implement the plans and measure improvements after satisfactorily long periods of practice

unborn Truth

4 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Bingo!

Video on point to watch: One of the best videos I've ever seen on Enlightenment.

I don't know if I've never seen a spiritual teacher give that much air time to negativity and judgement on other people's spiritual paths. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

A healthy ego is one that has been carefully weeded out so that you can use it when needed to survive as an individual in a world of form, create in a world of form and help others. Your ego helps you manage your time, care for yourself and others, plan for the future. Any past knowledge or future planning is all from your ego. You learn to use the ego and not have it use you. Denying the ego or not having compassion for the ego means denying your physical form and the physical world as whole. 

On the other hand, yes the ego IS the devil. But contrast is what allows our existence. There is no light without dark. 

They key is to keep as little of the ego around as possible and still have an amazing life while you are incarnate in the world of form. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@theking00 A human being is a concept, you are not a concept. Look at your direct aware experience and really contemplate and self-inqure it. What the fuck are you?

Find what allows you to express your soul

B R E A T H E