allislove

How to know whether you are inside a dream or not?

63 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

How to know if Your Inside a Dream?

Call to someone around you. If they answer it's a dream.

That's sad then,

Because no one come when I call in my dreams.

?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

when I started to realize that I was dreaming, I woke up.

1 hour ago, Serotoninluv said:

The dream analogy is one of my favorites for awakening.

Imagine you are dreaming that you are a character we will name Paul. The character Paul lives in New York City. He studies philosophy at NYU and is practices meditation and yoga. He also likes cycling and playing basketball.

Now, how can Paul wake up that he is a dream character? He doesn’t because Paul is within the dream. It’s one dream. He can’t step outside of the dream. He is within the dream. Paul can spend his whole life seeking awakening through mediatation, yoga, self inquiry, contemplation etc. As long as he the Paul character, he will not wake up. Paul doesn’t wake up. The Real You wakes up from the dream. You wake up and there is awareness it was all a dream. 

What happens to our character Paul? In a sense, he dies. He isn’t real. Yet, in another sense he still exists - just not like how Paul thought he existed.

I see people try to do this all the time. There is an idea that they will personally awaken. Yet it’s not the person that awakens because awakening is high order. Each of our personal characters we think we are is within the dream. Everything is within awakening, including my character, your character, trees, birds, onions and everything else.

I want push the +rep button on this one but there is no one to push. Was it here or was it only a dream?

3 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

I want push the +rep button on this one but there is no one to push. Was it here or was it only a dream?

Download a silly meme and quote the post.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

15 minutes ago, Shin said:

That's sad then,

Because no one come when I call in my dreams.

?

Who answers is no other then you.

42 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

How to know if Your Inside a Dream?

Call to someone around you. If they answer it's a dream.

2 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

Who answers is no other then you.

Pure gold?

YOU ARE ALL THERE IS!

For those that liked the dream analogy. . . Imagine our character Paul really wants to find truth. He opens himself up and surrenders as much as he can. He goes on a spiritual retreat. This could be a vippassana retreat, a solo retreat or an Ayahuasca retreat. During the retreat he has some glimpses of awakening. (The Real You is actually waking up a bit). Imagine what this would be like for Paul if You start waking up a bit. Paul and the world around him starts to dissolve and become odd. This could be liberating or terrifying to Paul. The Real You may even open your eyes a bit and notice your bed and the room around you. The Real You falls back asleep and Paul becomes Paul again. This glimpse beyond the dream is incredibly powerful. Paul doesn't know what to make of it. He feels really unstable. His whole perception of life is forever changed. Yet, he still tries to recontexualize this awakening into his dream world. 

So. . . how might Paul describe this to his friends in the dream. He would sound A LOT like what we hear in spirituality. As he looks around his dream world would say things like "I don't exist", "form is formless" (notice how form is formless within his dream). He would say "the person doesn't awaken, it's beyond the person". When people ask him "are you awakened?" it would be weird. He knows he is a dream character within a higher intelligence (The Real You). He would say "we are all One" (every thing within the dream is One dream occurring in the Real You).

One of Paul's friends, Stacey, asks if awakening will help her lose weight. Another friend, Jack, asks if awakening will help will get rid of his anxiety and depression. Paul tries to tell them that there is something higher going on here and awakening isn't going to help anyone in the dream get anything. It is beyond the character.  

@Serotoninluv liked the analogy. Oh, I am going to a vipassana retreat in one week, but my name is not Paul. xD

Thank you All for contribution.
We are all One... dream :x

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

2 minutes ago, dimitri said:

@Serotoninluv liked the analogy. Oh, I am going to a vipassana retreat in one week, but my name is not Paul. xD

Perfect!! A great setting for a glimpse into awakening.

@tedens realize that we are all one dream?

I had some interesting experience with 5meo which I can interpret as "we are all one dream". 

But I don't know... this is just one interpretation.  :)

Just now, Mikael89 said:

Yes you have, you are experiencing it right now. And so am I.

Amazing..you are extraordinary?

I can’t say that I have experienced anything except experience??‍♂️

4 minutes ago, dimitri said:

But I don't know... this is just one interpretation.  :)

@dimitri well said..

55 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

For those that liked the dream analogy. . .

@Serotoninluv would be nice to have a small book about Paul and the dream analogy. xD

9 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

But what about all the enlightened teachers who say things like: "This is it, you are already enlightened. Nothing will change. The world will still be here after enlightenment and you will still walk. Before enlightenment, chop wood and carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood and carry water. Enlightenment is the most obvious thing which there is. It's embarrasing that I lived for so many years without seeing the obvious." Etc.

What you say sounds like the whole universe will vanish.

You are still seeing this as if Paul the dream character gets something out of this. Paul does not become enlightened. Paul continues on in the dream. Paul's relationship to the dream may change. Maybe not. This is beyond the character.

In this analogy, there are no enlightened teachers. Is Paul's meditation teacher in the dream enlightened? Of course not. It's all ONE dream within the Real You. It's ALL one dream. All the characters, the cars, the houses, the laughter, the sorry, paper clips, windows, toilets - everything in the dream is within one dream. 

There is realization it's all one dream. One big everything. That's it. Pretty darn obvious if you ask me. You can do it right now if you want and call it a day. Yet most people won't because of their conditioning. Those in spiritual circles are convinced it is the character that becomes enlightened. 

A person trying to become enlightened, seeing others as enlightened and seeing their character as enlightened are distractions. Let all that go. I think it is much better to simply say "there is enlightenment". Associating it with a personality is a big distraction. On the personal level, I think it's better to simply say a person is highly mature (or developed or at a high level).

4 minutes ago, dimitri said:

@Serotoninluv would be nice to have a small book about Paul and the dream analogy. xD

There are sooo many things along the spiritual path that can fit into the dream analogy story. Other spiritual teachers, like Rupert Spira, use it. Yet, it could get further developed into a short book I think. Something like the book "Illusions".

59 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

But there are some dream teachings which teach at least a bit Truth.

For example your own teaching, your posts in this thread. Are they 100% shit since you and your posts are just dream stuff? 

Imagine you are in a dreaming and a character appears and starts talking about spirituality. Is that shit? It's all within a dream. It's not really shit or not shit. That is a question that might be important to the characters within the dream, yet the next level up, it's all within one dream.

If I'm having a nightmare, it is beneficial for me if I wake up, even if that means the dream-me disappears. So "I" disappear, and still benefit from it.

Awakening is not on the personal level. There is no "me" to wake up. Paul doesn't wake up, no more than a chicken or lemon in the dream wakes up. It's all a ONE dream. At the level of the dream, there is no more relevance of dream character than a pencil. It's all within a dream.

From Paul's perpective, it's a VERY important question and issue. Here which do you think is better: option A break the news to Paul that he is a dream character and Paul dies. Problem solved. There is noone to benefit from it. . . . Option B: Paul does personal development and tries to develop a healthy dream character.

Humans have a really hard time with awakening because they wan't to benefit at the personal level. Yet awakening is a form of death for the personal level. If you want to benefit personally, then I would pursue personal development.

Paul continues on in the dream, then enlightenment can happen 100000 times per second without me noticing it?

Enlightenment doesn't "happen". It just is. It is everything, nothing and infinity. You are searching for the dream within the dream. Imagine the dream character walking around asking "Is this the dream?", "Is that the dream?", "Am I the dream?" are "You the dream?". It's all the dream. You can't point to it or find it.

The question if I will benefit with awakening is at the personal level. Awakening is the trans-personal level. From the trans -personal level, it’s the like asking “If enlightenment reveals itsef, will a mouse in India benefit?”. It doesn’t make sense.

I don’t experience this seeking dynamic anymore, yet I did for many years and I remember it’s a really important thing for the personality and it’s really hard to give up.