The Don

Contemplating Your Own Death

61 posts in this topic

Hello guys.

From time to time, I believe it's useful to contemplate our own death. Life is extremely short if we truly realize it.

Time goes by too quick and it's helpful to appreciate and use THIS moment with responsibility.

I was thinking about contemplation but in a different way.

Is it legit to say that 'contemplation' can be done through writing?

Is writing a good way to contemplate things?

Is there a difference between thinking and writing?

Jordan Peterson said that writing is formalized thinking and there is no difference between thinking and writing.

What are your thoughts on that?

Right now I'm doing my best to cure myself from the dreadful neurosis that I have.

P.S: I'm 26 years old and I've never had a real relationship; when I'm thinking about intimacy I feel like I have an aversion about it. This is neuroticism. It sucks. I am doing my best cu CURE it once and for all.

P.S.S: I meditate every single day for 30 minutes.

Me on the road less traveled.

yes i developed the write-way technique, if you want to learn to use it- its simple. 

write down all your thoughts without any hestitation and in the moment, word for word 

and then look back at it as if it was infinite intelligence that wrote it 

and contemplate your words written 

where there are beliefs/ attachments/ truths / falses / ego / divinity 

but this is only good for healthy contemplation, not for getting you to enlightenment. 

its an addition technique, well the first one i've seen in writing

background 

i used it for 5 years of my life, works like a charm for 40-60% of the bullshit you create with your mind :) 

Thanks. Great advice. I will try it.

2 hours ago, The Don said:

From time to time, I believe it's useful to contemplate our own death. Life is extremely short if we truly realize it.

@The Don Life is the only chance we're given to contemplate death. 

@The Don

1. Death is nothing but absence of perception. Daily we experience death in the form of sleep due to not having a direct experience of loosing our conciousness conciously mind doesn't know what it is. Once it is experienced the fear of death will vanish. 

Beyond that there is nothing to contemplate about death IMO. I am not sure about the meaning death is an illusion by enlightened masters though. 

2. Writing is no different from thinking. Absolutely. With out thoughts thinking nothing can be written. 

Edited by Jkris
Added

@The Don Yes, writing is formalized thinking, but dont go overboard with thinking! <3 Being can be way more effective here

Some thoughts when i think about death:

-First off, think of death as necessary for life and vice versa. Your birth was the moment you were damned to die, it was the moment death got created. Without something being alive, nothing can die.

-Death is the only reason all your ancestors went on, without death there would be no motivation to survive. Death is actually the mechanism your mind created in the first place to make you more important than your enviroment. It means "This has to go on" and "this doesnt have to go on". It is fundamental to life. There is no survival without death. Death creates life

-This leads to the point that death ofc is a construct. It is completely fabricated. This is easily proven to you by imagining what happens when you die. Yes, your body, your organs, your cells all die and dont work anymore. But what are these if not atoms that order themselves differently then before. No atoms actually get lost, no atoms die. A beautiful array of patterns in nature got rearranged. Thats all. Death is a phenomena of human heads. 

Fully understanding this, can help you face death before death. Pretty cool

Edited by Robi Steel

I know you're tired but come. This is the way - Rumi

Great advice.

I wanna try psychedelics as well.

I believe DMT allows you to become comfortable with death.

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 1:05 PM, The Don said:

Jordan Peterson said that writing is formalized thinking and there is no difference between thinking and writing.

Yes. Notice that you usually think to yourself using words and symbols (English). Thinking as a conceptual activity must use a medium you know of (the English language is a concept) to operate. Here's a thought experiment: How would a person think before knowing language? As a small child, what might your thinking process look like?

And yes, contemplation through journaling is great! Giving form to your thoughts can help with recall and mapping out your ideas. :)

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

Comtemplating one’s death is an extremely tricky thing. And it can be dangerous, especially for  people who are emotionally fragile. 

2 hours ago, Gabriel Antonio said:

Comtemplating one’s death is an extremely tricky thing. And it can be dangerous, especially for  people who are emotionally fragile. 

I agree. But I'm not that fragile. I just wanna get rid of the fear of death.

48 minutes ago, The Don said:

@The Don It's not just the fear of physical death but also the disappearance of the i am that causes fear.

On 2/12/2019 at 4:36 PM, The Don said:

I wanna try psychedelics as well.

I believe DMT allows you to become comfortable with death.

I would be cautious with that belief. Psychedelics can certainly bring a mind-body to experience death - yet it is by no means comfortable. They have been the most uncomfortable experiences of my life. As well, they can open doors and bring forth very uncomfortable lessons. Ime, I don't get to decide what the teacher shows me. I can make a request through an "intention", yet then one must fully surrender and what arises arises. Psychedelic teachers can sniff out the slightest hint of cockiness and will squash it away.

3 hours ago, The Don said:

You can contemplate it how much you want, until you face it and ride with it, it's not gonna go anywhere xD 

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

It's inevitable. So it will be inevitable. Doesn't matter how much you contemplate, you will never know what or how it is. When it comes, what do you do to that which is inevitable and unstoppable? You surrender, let go.

Besides for looking "forward" to contemplate what death may be like why not contemplate how you came to be in the first place by going back the way you came to be. Have you ever contemplated what you were before the announcement of your birth?

6 hours ago, The Don said:

Better surrender directly instead of chasing a solution that doesn't exist :D 

6545fe6565a673c57e674756f0ee33ee.png

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

Just now, cetus56 said:

@Shin So true, so very true.

And now,

I'm totally fucked xD 

God is love

And God in them

1 minute ago, Shin said:

And now,

I'm totally fucked xD 

Nah, it's all part of the process.

15 hours ago, cetus56 said:

Besides for looking "forward" to contemplate what death may be like why not contemplate how you came to be in the first place by going back the way you came to be. Have you ever contemplated what you were before the announcement of your birth?

No, I didn't contemplate what I was before my birth.

I understand that everything is consciousness but nonetheless, without life there is no awareness.

Consciousness is existence itself. Life is the perception of existence. Without it, everything is dead and unaware of its existence (or consciousness).

Awareness is the most precious thing in the world; and it's temporary so when it goes away, nobody talks about a damn thing.

Picture yourself in a deep dreamless sleep. It's non-awareness. No sound. No colors. Not even a 'nothing'.