Aaron p

How can nothing exist when I'm staring at a [real looking] cheeseburger right now?

11 posts in this topic

I've been feeling to contemplate a hell of a lot more. So I am. And "nothing existing" is a hell of a thing to think about. How does this cheeseburger in my hand not exist? How is it spirit?

*Update*

Perhaps...is it that I am misinformed as to what it is that it is my hand. The thing I perceive as "cheeseburger." Or even that it is in my "hand" since this is my understanding also...

I remember an analogy about a cake; the first slice was discarded and thr question was asked "has the cake been discarded?" To which the answer is [subjectively] "no, only once slice." So the cake remains even though the slice is removed. Therefore the first "slice" is separate to the "cake" and they can exist apart from eachother...meaning, slice one is not the cake. Slice one is then replaced and the same proceedure happens to slice two. It's found that slice two isint the "cake" either. This continues until all of the individual slices have been confirmed that they are not required to exist, for the "cake" to exist. The only logical question then is, "well where the fuck is the cake?" 

...I think I get it. Does anyone have any wise teachings or philosophy within this area? It seems like it's harder to identify conceptualizations when it's wrapping around reality in real time. 

I would think the statement "nothing exists" is a bit of an extreme saying. "My" "hand" is "on" "my" "table". Even though these are all concepts, what I am experiencing is real. 

Edited by Aaron p

Nice question though? sometimes I am also like Nothing exists, Nothing is real then why do i see them feel themed 

?IngitScooby ?

How can everything exist when no one stares at a dream looking cheeseburger in my dreams ?

How so ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Something and nothing are the same thing. Something is nothing appearing as something and nothing is something appearing as nothing. 

Our minds create the idea of something. 

There is only something. 

There is only nothing.

There both true.

man I felt like sadguru typing that up someone get me a fucking robe.  

It's all One Being, conscious, self-aware. All is It, It is All. You can call it whatever. Doesn't matter. Only It alone exists. A cheeseburger IS It. It (You) becomes conscious of itself and in that moment you will actually see that a cheeseburger is You (It).

Infinity.

Infinity is pure nothingness - the word nothingness really doesn't properly describe it because it is using language.

So we're not talking about the word nothingness we are talking about actual nothingness, again language breaks down here.

Now, this nothingness is infinite which means it has to be everything and anything that could possibly be.   

It is intelligent (remember its EVERYTHING....EVERYTHING... therefore it can dream up anything and everything it wants - but remember everything is also nothing, therefore you get a hallucination - there is no physical substance here - it is hollow.

But it FEELS so tangible because those perceptions are affected by other perceptions, ie. the perception of a brain, a body, etc.

When you actually grasp being itself and are able to become being itself you will see this for yourself and the materialist paradigm will melt away.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.