corndjorn

I think psychedelics can blunt spiritual progress. thoughts?

234 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

This thread has downspiraled very quickly.

I disagree.  That is gonna depend on your beliefs, which you seem to think are like facts on the ground.  Can't you say -- I think this thread has downspiraled?  Why does it have to be said like it's an objective fact.  

Lemme give you an example to clarify:

(1) Chocolate ice cream is nasty.

vs. 

(2) I think chocolate ice cream is nasty.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

2 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I disagree.  That is gonna depend on your beliefs, which you seem to think are objective.

I don't.

25 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I disagree.  That is gonna depend on your beliefs, which you seem to think are like facts on the ground.  Can't you say -- I think this thread has downspiraled?  Why does it have to be said like it's an objective fact.  

Lemme give you an example to clarify:

(1) Chocolate ice cream is nasty.

vs. 

(2) I think chocolate ice cream is nasty.

Good night everyone. 

spiral-dynamics-model-graves-toolshero.jpg

29 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Can't you say -- I think this thread has downspiraled?  Why does it have to be said like it's an objective fact.  

It doesn't have to. I just chose to say it that way. 

I recommend stepping away from the forums for a day.

I just like to say that after I called psychedelics forced openings you probably shouldn't do again, after an already big opening, here, which I did plenty by the way but which i still agree with largely, I was in an intense ayahuasca / 5-meo ceremony dream ^^

Edited by AlwaysBeNice

2 hours ago, DnoReally said:

Good night everyone. 

spiral-dynamics-model-graves-toolshero.jpg

It's funny that you took the time to make this because you've projected so much onto me that is counter to the points I've made in this thread.  And then think of this -- what kind of an Ego would make such a diagram lampooning another member of the Forum?  You see, your Ego would have to be triggered, right?  It is humorous, I'll give you that, but your massive Ego still got triggered to the extent that you premeditated and then created this artwork (to give you the benefit of the doubt haha) lampooning me.  See, that's what I'm talking about.  Egos like you now come on the Forum and pretend you're seeking No Ego.  Not you're not!  You really are not.  That's an Ego trip on your end to try to conceal your Ego from criticism and from harm through the manifestation of a Spiritual Ego.  Paradoxically, only Egos that fully love and accept themselves as Egos can practice No Ego and can have Ego mediated by No Ego and can become Enlightened to the extent that the word carries any real world use.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

3 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I don't even talk about Spiral Dynamics anymore if you're noticed.  It's not that I don't find it useful, it's just that my Ego swung into that and now it's swung out of it.  I ate the grapes and spit out the seeds.  If someone asks me about it, I will respond, but I almost never bring it up.

Are you moving into coral?

1 minute ago, Esoteric said:

Are you moving into coral?

At this point I don't see the utility of measuring myself up against the stages like I did before.  I still find the theory useful, but my Ego-Mind isn't clinging to it so much anymore.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

9 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

At this point I don't see the utility of measuring myself up against the stages like I did before.  I still find the theory useful, but my Ego-Mind isn't clinging to it so much anymore.

Holy self-deception

28 minutes ago, Esoteric said:

Holy self-deception

In what sense?  I'm not gonna let your Ego-Mind drop a rhetorical bomb without clarification.  You guys are getting too clever with the rhetoric on here.  Just be straightforward in your language.  Operate above the table, above the belt.  We're not trying to win here, we're trying to learn and to teach.  This is a discussion, not a fight.  I'm not a bad guy I promise.  I can be reasonable and prefer to be so.  We can operate from a calm, grounded, above-board place.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor @Esoteric  

59 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

imo joseph is on point for not clinging to it and lessening his measuring

Edited by corndjorn

31 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

In what sense?  I'm not gonna let your Ego-Mind drop a rhetorical bomb without clarification.  You guys are getting too clever with the rhetoric on here.  Just be straightforward in your language.  Operate above the table, above the belt.  We're not trying to win here, we're trying to learn and to teach.  This is a discussion, not a fight.  I'm not a bad guy I promise.  I can be reasonable and prefer to be so.  We can operate from a calm, grounded, above-board place.  

Imo, if you are beyond turqoise you wouldn't spend so much time on a message getting offended and getting into debates with people. You would not be bragging about how you are moving into coral. You would be busy doing useful things.

Imagine if you had put those 11 000 posts into conciousness work?

But what the hell do I know. I'm still at a point where I struggle with my spiritual ego.

19 minutes ago, Esoteric said:

Imo, if you are beyond turqoise you wouldn't spend so much time on a message getting offended and getting into debates with people. You would not be bragging about how you are moving into coral. You would be busy doing useful things.

But what the hell do I know. I'm still at a point where I struggle with my spiritual ego.

^ This. He's all Ego and is lying to himself and everyone else. 

Edited by Jed Vassallo

@Jed Vassallo I dont think its right to say hes all ego, though we can help each other pointing out each others egoic blindspots, which is always good.

7 hours ago, Arhattobe said:

@Salvijus and no he is clearly uncomfortable. 

I don't see it. I don't see any anxiety that you're seeing. tho i see why would you think like that... It is not sadhguru who's uncomfortable it is the host who is creating this sense of breaking personal boundaries. And when you watch him be so close to sadhguru your mind subconciously puts you in that situation and you feel uncomfortable by that and then you project that feeling onto sadhguru. Not cool bro. Not cool... It's the host who is making that strange geometry that is a bit weird and it produces a vibe that something is out of shape, something is out of rythim. But sadhguru is at perfect ease here as always. The way sadhguru is responding is perfect.. You just can't see it. Your personal feelings are interfering with your perception too much.

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

1 hour ago, Esoteric said:

This is easy to say and your Ego-Mind said it.  Yeah Joseph is a jerk.  Ok.  So now what.  What about you?  Are you such a nice person?  I don't think so.  See, this kind of pot-stirring is useless.  You guys use the word devil.  Well use it on yourselves.  Of course it would never apply to you, right?  That Spiritual Ego you got is a menace because you're not even fully conscious of your own Ego.  And yet you castigate my Ego in the most unfair light that your Ego-Mind can creatively muster.  I talked about being able to pass the laugh test before; this one doesn't pass the smell test.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor

3 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

It's funny that you took the time to make this because you've projected so much onto me that is counter to the points I've made in this thread.  And then think of this -- what kind of an Ego would make such a diagram lampooning another member of the Forum?  You see, your Ego would have to be triggered, right?  It is humorous, I'll give you that, but your massive Ego still got triggered to the extent that you premeditated and then created this artwork (to give you the benefit of the doubt haha) lampooning me.  See, that's what I'm talking about.  Egos like you now come on the Forum and pretend you're seeking No Ego.  Not you're not!  You really are not.  That's an Ego trip on your end to try to conceal your Ego from criticism and from harm through the manifestation of a Spiritual Ego.  Paradoxically, only Egos that fully love and accept themselves as Egos can practice No Ego and can have Ego mediated by No Ego and can become Enlightened to the extent that the word carries any real world use.

Damn and I supposed I was just making a joke. Btw

" Paradoxically, only Egos that fully love and accept themselves as Egos can practice No Ego "

Bit of a catch 22 innit?

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

You guys use the word devil.  Well use it on yourselves.  

Again, a joke. Leo closed literally 50 threads this month, because of devilry. 

Funnily enough around the time he released the Cult videos. (Not to say that he shouldnt have done that, he just comes across like some fringe catholic extremist to people who dont know what he means by devil)