EvilAngel

Honestly, all this spiral dynamics shit is giving me the giggles

20 posts in this topic

I'm stage applesauce! You're stage fluorescent-pink! HAHAHAHAHA! 

It's an ego-trap, HAHAHAHA xD

10 hours ago, EvilAngel said:

I'm an orange. You're a kumquat! xD

tumblr_static_12381fresh_kumquat.jpg

I know. I realised this when I was on a peak LSD trip. A profound insight. I tried to explain it to my friends, but they thought I was wack. 

Welcome to the cosmic giggle my friend ;)

Edited by Vitamine Water

The art is to look without looking 

@rounder @EvilAngel

It does! Spiral dynamics is very useful for me too.

I think the important message here is to not turn these models into an ideology or absolute truth. 

The art is to look without looking 

@EvilAngel  It's useful, if you use it properly (be able to talk about different things with people, not just trying to be turquoise asap, not using it to judge people etc...)

Spiral dynamics can be a devil's tool when abused but so can enlightenment, knowledge, education, philosophy. You can take any teaching and use it as a weapon to steal from masses, to manipulate them, ask them to kill each other in the name of the man-on-the-cloud. 

It is definitelly useful tool to slowly incarcerate your ego and should you desire so, eventually release it completely. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@EvilAngel That's interesting, because when I started learning and applying spiral dynamics in a nonjudgmental way, it was one of the biggest ego destroyers and empathy enhancers ever. It's a tool, so that means it's only as good as the level of Consciousness the user can bring to it. 

So the question is, are you mature enough to see it in a nonjudgmental way? To not confuse the map for the territory?

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

@Winter The categories may help you see aspects you didn't once consider. Growth will happen regardless but you could fall short in another aspect. The model is really only useful if the higher stages present qualities you are aiming for. 

When analysing other people with it a big key to remember is being lower on the stage doesn't inherently mean worse. It just gives you a mental model to understand. Transcending stage orange for example doesn't make green better than orange. 

Edited by Shadowraix

This is the essential point of the territorial numbering systems I was teaching, they are two-dimensional and thus not linear, so there is no bigger or smaller, only four, seven, etc. partitions. No one is that extreme that they would try to conquer the United States lololololololololol… :P

You are absolutely right. People who obsess over spiral dynamics makes me cringe. It’s not a truth, it’s just a possibility. People need to feel like they know how the world and people works.

If i would use spiral dynamics to diagnose this then it would be stage orange. And if someone outgrew stage orange then they wouldn’t really care. 

29 minutes ago, rounder said:

if no one obsessed over it, it wouldn't exist. 

Obsessing over it is unhealthy and arrogant. It could still exist without taking the ‘stages’ as dogma. It can be useful but definitly unhelpful. 

Andreas, I too am guilty of purchasing many goods through middlemen, I taught my father how to stand when I was a child naturally, is that also part of the ego trap? I use both hands. Branches are ratios, lattices are Boolean, do you understand the difference? I am taken.

1 hour ago, Gog said:

Andreas, I too am guilty of purchasing many goods through middlemen, I taught my father how to stand when I was a child naturally, is that also part of the ego trap? I use both hands. Branches are ratios, lattices are Boolean, do you understand the difference? I am taken.

What's your point?

My father says the same thing up to a point, if I have to use an oracle at all I use the Greek one of 72?

#';jg';.lg

(0-['[#;l'9

!

You see it is untrue. I do not represent my father at all well.

^&*($3

$%^&2

"£%^&

Learn Spiral Dynamics first before talkin shit.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.