AlphaAbundance

Isn't caring about health just fear of death?

33 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, Jack River said:

Neglecting ones health is actually more related to an incapability to die, psychologically that is. 

In psychological death(death of resistance/attachment/identification), there is no clinging/adherence to habits/grooves of that which that has been accumulated by thought.

Then there is a let go of the never ending reoccurring pattern of desire pursuing pleasure in which is the inevitable pain. This is where habits/addictions and such are born, as is fear. Really all arises in that subject object duality. 

When the mirage is seen for what it is (apparent subject/object division) then there is freedom. Health is a natural byproduct of the freedom/harmony when thought is put in its right place. 

Love this answer

Not caring about your health in a way is ignorant & apathetic. I mean it's your life so you can choose to live however your heart desires but I don't recommend.

If you love the Universe and spirituality, then you must learn to love yourself too. Not taking care of yourself is in a sense not loving the Universe and showing full appeciation for what it gives you. You want to appreciate death but you also must not forget to appreciate your life.  

The goal isn't to live longer but to live fully while we are still here. 

Overcoming fear of death does not mean eating junk food and watching sitcoms. Overcoming fear of death means tapping into the expansive energy of pure universal and irreplaceable love so much that all fear will gradually disintegrate. Which takes a lot of courage nowadays, to love.

If one is germaphobic or hyper-cautious, pursuing health fanatically or obsessively out of fear of sickness or departure, then essentially they are harming themselves with fear, potentially causing illness to themselves, which is of course paradoxical and counter-intuitive.

But avoiding health just to avoid it is like avoiding pain when it's trying to explain something to you. It's avoidance, which is running way from something that usually has an underlying message for you to notice. Healing your body means healing your mind & spirit. Soo....stay heal-thy :P 

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

13 hours ago, How to be wise said:

@Leo Gura Until a truck hits you tomorrow.

You just can’t have health.

No one said you can "have" health. Health is not a static thing. I said "pursuing" health.

Stop being dense.

You can't "have" anything in life. Everything in life is impermanent.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@AlphaAbundance Concious about health has nothing to do with fear of death. It is knowledge about healthy life of mind and body. 

Why would you self harm your body mind knowingly? 

Its about increasing the quality of your existence.

Some say Enlightenment is perfect cleanliness. The dirtier the body, the busier the mind.

B R E A T H E

On 1/31/2019 at 6:31 AM, AlphaAbundance said:

@pointessa Ok that was an insightful perspective. In that case wouldn't 

• eating junk delicious foods
  • doing weed (not sure if its unhealthy) and other drugs
  • not exercising

be more pleasant than

• eating bland nutritional foods
  • having zero drugs in your system
  • putting effort toward exercising

in the end?

Personally, no. I don't find eating crappy food pleasant any more. I have noticed how I feel after I eat junk food and I don't like it.  That was not always true but it is now. I like to exercise because I know that it makes me feel better. I guess it is a matter of perspective. There was a time when I ate junk food, did drugs/alcohol and led a really undisciplined life to the extreme so I do know that whatever short term pleasure I got, was not sufficient to pay for the negative consequences of my behavior.

On 2/1/2019 at 8:17 AM, Charlotte said:

Love this answer

You wrote it :)

On 2/1/2019 at 10:46 AM, Jack River said:

Neglecting ones health is actually more related to an incapability to die, psychologically that is. 

In psychological death(death of resistance/attachment/identification), there is no clinging/adherence to habits/grooves of that which that has been accumulated by thought.

Then there is a let go of the never ending reoccurring pattern of desire pursuing pleasure in which is the inevitable pain. This is where habits/addictions and such are born, as is fear. Really all arises in that subject object duality. 

When the mirage is seen for what it is (apparent subject/object division) then there is freedom. Health is a natural byproduct of the freedom/harmony when thought is put in its right place. 

Nice!

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

i mean some people eat healthy so they can get gains  in the gym (me) so no

Edited by Will Bigger

Lemme ask you this.  Is your Ego ok with death for real right now?  Let's cut the Bullsh*t.  If I came up to you and offered to spin a russian-roulette bullet in a chamber and pull the trigger against your temple, are you gonna be ok with that?  F*ck no you're not!  You gotta temper your ideas with f*cking reality instead of all this BS philosophy wishful thinking stuff.

Edited by Joseph Maynor