How to be wise

My body is burning with Love

60 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Gabriel Antonio said:

That doesn't sound healthy to be honest. 

It could also be a sign of embodiment. Hard to say.

14 minutes ago, Bluebird said:

Would worrying or being upset help the situation?

In this case, the natural response would be to have a negative emotion. Having an euphoric reaction instead is definitely not a good sign. 

Maybe awareness of the “negative emotion” without controlling the emotion, revealed the reaction itself as groundless. This could cause one to step outside of the field of time. This is Love. 

14 minutes ago, Gabriel Antonio said:

In this case, the natural response would be to have a negative emotion. Having an euphoric reaction instead is definitely not a good sign. 

The conditioned response would be to have a negative emotion. To me, it doesn't sound like the euphoria was because he lost money. Rather, it was because the conditioned response had dissolved.

I don't advocate being careless with money, yet I know what it's like to experience the dissolution of a conditioned attachment. There was a time that a thief stole my bicycle. That bicycle was my primary means of transportation and I didn't have the funds to replace it. My conditioned response would have been anger, frustration, fear, revenge etc. Yet as I stood there, I was overcome with compassion and love. I felt compassion for someone who had few resources and felt the need to steal a bicycle. I knew he was hurting. I knew he now had to carry the karmic debt of stealing a bicycle. I hoped the bicycle would serve him well and he could work through his internal struggles. Then I thought "wtf am I thinking, wft is happening to me?". Then I started laughing at the absurdity of it all. 

do you guys recontextualise to open the heart up more to experiences, is this not adding concepts to a given situation? 

8 minutes ago, Aakash said:

do you guys recontextualise to open the heart up more to experiences, is this not adding concepts to a given situation? 

In the example of my earlier post..

Maybe awareness of the “negative emotion” without controlling the emotion, revealed the reaction itself as groundless... there is no past (thought) assigning meaning to an experience. To assign meaning gives birth to the reaction(emotion/thought) itself. 

Without the assignment of meaning(word/concept and its association to “me”) that experience never happens as such.

Would that experience of anger even arise in the first place? 

Edited by Jack River

3 minutes ago, Aakash said:

I think recontextualization helps, yet the true test is when the sh!t hits the fan. It's easy for me to talk about: one love, how we are all inter-connected, to sit in peace, that thoughts and feelings are just illusions -  when things are going well. For me, the test of embodiment is when life punches me in the gut: I find out my girlfriend is cheating on me, I get into a car accident, I break a bone, a loved one dies, I lose my job etc.

@Jack River it would not 

@Serotoninluv i only know how to love through the interconnectedness of things; are there other ways in which i can get in tune with love? i have pretty much awakened on the level of mind , but my heart is still lacking loads! any ideas how i can improve this? 

do i look at something and say i love you i.e to my chair xD

2 minutes ago, Aakash said:

any ideas how i can improve this? 

You want to cultivate love??

Do you literaly feel burning in the heart area? If yes, then I am experiencing somthing similar. Tried Hatha Yoga and felt flames bursting through my hands.

I think what you are experiencing is totally normal. The whole charm of this journey is that every day can bring something unexpected.

@Jack River don't say i am love! 

but no i don't want love! i want to know how to get in touch with consciousness to love! 

1 minute ago, Aakash said:

don't say i am love! 

Haha..no you are the fact and maybe more?

1 minute ago, Aakash said:

i want to know how to get in touch with consciousness to love!

How to? ? 

yes how to, i feel my heart already opening up through laughter lol 

Love is action (undivided whole) 

If we ask how to are we looking for a means (thought) to cultivate love? 

If the self looks to thought to cultivate love(wholeness) isn’t that sustaining the notion as being a independent self that stands outside of thought(divided action)? 

If so, with that divison strengthened, can there be Love? 

Edited by Jack River

4 minutes ago, Aakash said:

yes how to, i feel my heart already opening up through laughter lol 

Haha?

20 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@Serotoninluv i only know how to love through the interconnectedness of things; are there other ways in which i can get in tune with love? i have pretty much awakened on the level of mind , but my heart is still lacking loads! any ideas how i can improve this? 

do i look at something and say i love you i.e to my chair xD

I think deepening and expanding love is a really nuanced topic. I think Leo did a good job in his video. 

I've experienced many different flavors of what I would consider love. I'm aware of the concept of absolute love, everything is love, all things arise from love etc. I've had transient experience with that, yet I'd say my day to day experience is still that love is an essence that arises in various forms. The deeper I go, the more nuances I can see and new doors open. 

One category of flavors I'd say is love of the magnificence of life. When I am truly being in the moment, sometimes love arises for whatever is happening. Like a deep appreciation. It has brought me to tears at times. Even something simple like watching a bird feed her young. It's so amazingly beautiful I can barely handle it. Or I will be sitting by a river and watch a leaf gracefully fall through the air and make a perfect landing on the water. It is art. It is beauty. It is poetry. Love transcends all.

I don't know if there are any methods to create love. What I found is that when I deconstruct the ego, let go of attachments and identification - space opens up and new stuff arises, like love.

I would say the last block to love I got through was with Shamanic Breathing. There was some emotional blocks deeply ingrained into my mind-body that were released.