Cortex

Will Lower Stages Disappear Entirely In The Future

51 posts in this topic

For example will stage blue become so rare as the stage beige and so on as the consciousness rises or will they always be there, what are your thoughs about it 

How you survive without Beige? It's the only stage that values survival.. 

I think they're all necessary. 

@bejapuskas every development goes through the stages. so if you learn an instrument you first have to practice in blueish systematic kind of way. there is no way around it. at least how I understand it.

Stages don't disappear, they are integrated and transcended.

That means that if you are a healthy yellow center of gravity, you have integrated all the lessons from previous levels - e.g. you know how to behave when red values are needed. You know how to communicate  to pretty much any person in a way that makes sense for them.

You don't go talking about systems thinking with red center of gravity, you use red's language and values, pointing to blue

I never went throught blue and I am extreme Orange so that means you can skip them, at least in my case 

Edited by Cortex
Orange

Beige hasnt dissappeared at all.

Invalid, diseased, babies, dementia are all stage Beige.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

lower stages are not going anywhere.

In the future, the development of stages will be faster and we will have more people in high stages.

The healthy manifestations of higher stages have incorporated and included the healthy aspects of the lower ones. 

So in the distant future, what's currently known as stage blue will not exist in large groups. The after that orange won't exist, and so on. It'll just be a more holistic understanding, cause the higher stages never forgot the lower ones

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

@Toby I understand what you mean, you first have to know the rules before trying to bend them in a good way, right? :) I've never played a musical instrument, so I don't really now what it's like to train... But can't you just learn your 1 favourite song for fun? I think you definitely can, therefore I don't really resonate with this approach to the Spiral. Discipline and precision is a healthy blue in my opinion though :) 

2 hours ago, Cortex said:

I never went throught blue and I am extreme Orange so that means you can skip them, at least in my case 

Do you follow the law? If so, that's stage blue behavior.  Same thing about valuing your health (beige), family (purple), and passion (red).

Edited by GenuinePerspectiveXC

@Cortex It depends on the context.

For example, along a cognitive line our brains first develop a basic ability to make distinctions and two categories. For example, a person is male or female. A cat is big or small. Something is good or bad. Right or wrong. This type of bimodal thinking is a hallmark of blue and we all develop through it. Young children think irrationally and may believe mythical and magical fantasy as real. For example, Harry Potter magic is literally true. As the frontal lobe in children develop, they gain the ability to think in rational and logical modes, which is a hallmark of Orange. 

So, in this respect core components of blue stages will remain. Yet, the tendency for blue adults to limit oneself to bimodal thinking and continue to believe in myths and magic will lessen. For example, less adults will view people as simply good or bad. More and more adults will understand that people can be mixtures of good and bad and that there are degrees of goodness and badness (Orange level thinking). As well, less and less adults will believe in myths and magic - for example that everything in the bible is literally true - things like Noah's Arc. 

6 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

@Cortex It depends on the context.

As well, less and less adults will believe in myths and magic - for example that everything in the bible is literally true - things like Noah's Arc. 

I'd have to put the Noah's Ark story into purple behavior.  I still don't think you grasp the concept of spiral dynamics.

43 minutes ago, GenuinePerspectiveXC said:

I'd have to put the Noah's Ark story into purple behavior.  I still don't think you grasp the concept of spiral dynamics.

Yes. I used a strong example for effect. It would be strong enough for purple. Blue still has a primarily irrational mode of being, yet the examples would be milder than purple.

It is still consisistent with my point. Rather than getting every detail perfect, I’m more interested in the big picture. The big picture point is that humans go through developmental stages from childhood to adults. Similar to how a child goes from elementary to middle to high school, a child develops through core components of lower spiral stages. 

For example, a young child learns the basic concept of good or bad as a foundation before learning about spectrums of good and bad and relativity of good and bad. A child does not have the brain software to understand advanced modes of cognition of higher stages. 

As society evolves, less adults will be stuck on lower stage modes. For example, less adults will be stuck in a bimodal good or bad mentality. More adults will see good/bad spectrums and relativity. Yet, they stll went through the bimodal stage as children.

This model has many examples, such as passing through egocentric, world-centric and integrative views. As a child develops they pass through an egocentric stage, their brain is incapable of holistic views that integrate a diversity of global perspectives. The necessary brain architecture for multi-layed rational and abstract thought is not  present in a child.

In theory, it may be possible to bypass lower stages through altering the structure of young brains - for example through genetic engineering.

15 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Yes. I used a strong example for effect.

You mean you used a purple example for effect.

@GenuinePerspectiveXC  Don't turn black and white thinking into beige, purple, red, blue, orange, green, yellow and turquoise thinking :D Human psyche is more complex than that.

30 minutes ago, GenuinePerspectiveXC said:

You mean you used a purple example for effect.

That sentence can be interpreted in different ways. To me, it suggest intentionality inaccurately.

I used a strong example to highlight a larger point. Upon closer inspection, I would probably classify the example more as Purple. Yet, that is irrelevant in the larger context. In the larger context, it doesn't matter if we classify it as purple or blue.

It's like making a point that children need to learn algebra in the 9th grade as a foundation to prepare themselves for learning calculus in college. Then someone saying "You are wrong! Kids learn algebra in the 7th grade. You don't understand this stuff!". In the larger context of the statement, it is totally irrelevant if kids learn algebra in the 7th or 9th grade. The relevant point is simply that children learn algebra before calculus. . . In another context, the grade would be very important (for example, if we were discussing curriculum design in a middle school).

Debating on whether it is purple or blue in the context I used is like nitpicking about a typo.

18 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

That sentence can be interpreted in different ways. To me, it suggest intentionality inaccurately.

I used a strong example to highlight a larger point. Upon closer inspection, I would probably classify the example more as Purple. Yet, that is irrelevant in the larger context. In the larger context, it doesn't matter if we classify it as purple or blue.

It's not like nitpicking a typo.  You are a moderator on this forum - that builds itself around this model - and you've been using the model wrong.  

41 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

@GenuinePerspectiveXC  Don't turn black and white thinking into beige, purple, red, blue, orange, green, yellow and turquoise thinking :D Human psyche is more complex than that.

It took a lot more than black and white thinking to create the Noah's Ark story.