F A B

Traveling, dancing, partying

21 posts in this topic

I have the impression that doing cool stuff like traveling, dancing or partying is demonized on this forum.

They are just shallow things we should avoid, we should stay isolated and do the inner work every time.

I got a similar impression, glad you brought that up. 

nah, i love partying, dancing and traveling. i just don't use it as an excuse for distractions, like drinking alcohol or getting high.

i like parties where children are welcome. in fact, that's an interesting parameter for me. i like to be at places where children are as welcome as adults.

unborn Truth

This is a forum section for spirituality and partying is not really part of that discussion. Dancing and traveling we can have a discussion about thou!

But me, yea I love all three of them. Usually go to underground techno and trance parties to dance to the neverending beat. Which in some way is healing and "spiritual"

Humans have singed and danced since the dawn of time

What else did you expect? This is a self-development forum. There are tons of other forums regarding to what you are describing elsewhere on the internet.

39 minutes ago, F A B said:

I have the impression that doing cool stuff like traveling, dancing or partying is demonized on this forum.

@F A B Read the forum guidelines. No cool stuff! No dancing! No traveling! No partying of any kind!! :D - Just joking!

There's nothing wrong at all with any of that. By "partying" if you mean getting sloppy- shit faced drunk that's never a good thing. But besides that- no problemo!

Dancing is seriously (can be) one of the deepest spiritual/meditative practises!!

38 minutes ago, mkrksms said:

Dancing is seriously (can be) one of the deepest spiritual/meditative practises!!

Whirling-Dervish-Dance-Performance.jpg

@F A B Talk about traveling: this picture so happened to pop up and I was thinking how nice it would be to travel to this site in Thailand

depositphotos_127669774-stock-photo-dong-pee-sua-waterfall-huay.jpg

@F A B A wallpaper download, a youtube of nature sounds and a good imagination is all I can afford.:D

3 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@F A B A wallpaper download, a youtube of nature sounds and a good imagination is all I can afford.:D

AHAHAHA

Me too, 'cause we like to stay humble :D

8 hours ago, F A B said:

They are just shallow things we should avoid, we should stay isolated and do the inner work every time.

Hmm... I do not share these sentiments. I love to travel, dance, and party. However, I'm not like a party animal, I'm actually introverted, but I love to have get together with friends every once in a while and I party hardy (in reason, I still remember what happened yesterday.)

I smoke and drink at the parties to in an unrestricted fashion (depending on the party and social context). Smoking and drinking could be a distraction... but it's also a great way for people in their 20s to loosen up and be more open in my experience. 

Edited by SgtPepper

46 minutes ago, Shiva said:

However it's easy to get lost

You can't get lost if you are already lost ahah just kidding

Actually, I don't do these activities so often, just a few times a month. I don't smoke and I've never got drunk, so I think I can handle it :)

Theres actually places you can go to dance and party that will actually improve your spirituality!

I found them doing contact improvisation, its this not so well known dancing style/community.

They throw the best parties, amazing people, they drink small amounts of good wine and beer, set intentions before smoking weed, everyone pretty much loves spirituality, meditating, yoga, healthy dieting, art, shamanic ceremonies etc.

Lots of really nice people that inspire you and you actually feel like you are nourishing, refreshing and growing yourself from going out dancing and partying!   They are always travelling also.

So yea, you can do these things just its better not to go to traditional bars and clubs where there is massive smoking and drinking and random drug use heh.  

Of course not. It's entirely the opposite.

Of course you can travel, dance or party!

The important thing here is being conscious that the source of happiness is within you. Not in things that you do or own. 

If you don't realize that, you may keep traveling, dancing and partying, but you know who's gonna be your companion? Suffering.

Happiness comes from the inside ---> traveling, dancing and partying are external ---> so they won't fulfill you ---> so don't do those things.

I have this scheme in my mind, but I know it is silly ahaha