Viking

how to actualize insights

15 posts in this topic

im getting tons of insights all the time, i cry, i realize stuff about myself, i see through my delusions, but i always forget, it never sticks.

for example i realize that my social anxiety is caused by me wanted to get liked by others. i try to force certain behaviors, im not authentic, which makes me anxious. i realized i dont need to do anything to be liked, and deeper than that, that i need others approval to approve of myself i cried for like 20 minutes after i realized that. ok, so i realized all that yet i still find myself acting fake and unnatural.

do i have to remind myself of those insights daily? do i need to figure them out over and over so they sink? i dont get it.

@Viking These types of personality patterns can be deeply conditioned into the mind. Many people are unaware of this and subconsciously act out conditioned patterns. The self awareness itself is significant.

We don’t actualize insight. Insight is not a divided process in which an action is carried out as a result of the insight. 

Insight is its own action. 

@Viking fosho.

what I wrote doesnt really help you as it will just become a memory which may be looked upon to carry out some kind of action.

We generally accumulate knowledge through experience and apply that as some kind of solution to actualize an understanding. 

But you will know it when there is total/holistic insight. It will be instantaneous(not a product of memory/thought) and will be permanent. 

Insghts that have there root in the past will manifest as impermanent/dependent upon conditions. So they will be fleeting. 

Anyway again it will be very obvious when insight acts. 

It will not be the result of knowledge/experience-memory. That insight will not be born of any intellectual/conceptual, or cultivation of concentration/volition in the form of techniques, methods, systems...or an understanding in which there is an action/solution that follows.

Insight = action. Hence ‘holistic’(undivided). 

Edited by Jack River

Insights must be articulated, categorized and put into your commonplace book.

Black is white. Down is up. Bad is good. -Eric Tarpall

You have problem with balancing theory and action watch leos video on it ,you basically get the insight and dont actualized it into existence because you dont see how to ground it into action (being level) so its just a thought that passes by ...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

12 minutes ago, NoSelfSelf said:

You have problem with balancing theory and action watch leos video on it ,you basically get the insight and dont actualized it into existence because you dont see how to ground it into action (being level) so its just a thought that passes by ...

oh awesome, ill definitely watch the video if leo has it, do you have any idea how it was called?

@Viking balancing theory vs practice is the name ,it seems simple but it has many subtle things to understand..

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

the reason you arent acting on the insights is that you arent catching them in real time.

Notice notice more then naturally it falls away

What I notice in myself is that I'll have some insight but then I'll realize that the pattern itself doesn't stop. It has a momentum to it. But if you stop feeding it it dies down over time.