GabeN

Should one try to be in high state of awareness all the time?

46 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

The picture show continues but who is really watching?

Yeah that seems to depend on the degree that thought/feelings are left exposed and not acted upon. 

Have you noticed by exposing what is without reaction that the veil/image will stop this loop of attachment/resistance/identification? 

I have noticed being very watchful without imposition of the chooser that the daily stream of these images actually stop. These images and such seem to be due to not exposing moment to moment thoughts/emotions as they are. We tend to react to which keep them in the loop. 

I noticed that even in sleep there is no dreaming. Seems by exposing moment to moment self movement on the daily that prevents “future” inattention(identification/attachment/resistance. So even sleep is uninhabited by thought/emotion cycle(reaction). 

Edited by Jack River

14 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@Jack River This is a bit hard to explain but sometimes reality/consciounseness becomes so perfectly focused, I mean like focused to infinity, that it ceases to exist. As if existance is only a diffusion pattern of true reality.

Starts as a comprehension of the whole of reality. To hold reality. Reality can then be put where it belongs. 

The the possibility of headlessness may be actulized. :) 

Edited by Jack River

11 minutes ago, Jack River said:

I have noticed being very watchful without imposition of the chooser that the daily stream of these images actually stop. These images and such seem to be due to not exposing moment to moment thoughts/emotions as they are. We tend to react to which keep them in the loop. 

Exactly. It stops dead in it's tracks. The loop is broken.

@GabeN  Trying to get to or hold onto a high state of consciousness is not fruitful. Just let the states come and go.

Accept what is here and now.

Just now, cetus56 said:

Exactly. It stops dead in it's tracks. The loop is broken.

Extraordinary heh:)

5 minutes ago, Jack River said:

Extraordinary heh:)

Nothing short of an infinite snapshot!:) -There's a paradox for the masses.:D

1 minute ago, cetus56 said:

@Jack River It all a singularity - "the infinite snapshot".

I feel ya dude. 

@Charlotte on her meditation thread may have touched upon this as well. 

Just now, Jack River said:

I feel ya dude. 

@Charlotte on her meditation thread may have touched upon this as well. 

Yes she did.

@Jack River

2 hours ago, Jack River said:

Trying to be attentive is innatention itself.  

When there is an influence of motive(desire) that is a movement of divided awareness(psychological evolution or self awareness). 

No motive(desire-influence by the past/thought) is undivided awareness that is aware of self movement(inattention). 

You right.

It's very hard to try and implement this (although I don't think there is another way besides what you said) because when I cease trying to be attentive I will slip back into my old unconscious habits. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

2 minutes ago, Jack River said:

Very special heh:)

It is. Uncumbered by time and space. 

7 minutes ago, lmfao said:

because when I cease trying to be attentive I will slip back into my old unconscious habits. 

When we see that the motive to try and be attentive has its root inattention(motive-resistance) we stop moving in that pattern. 

So to not move in that pattern of resistance there can be a awareness when we are not attentive...

then we are not creating attention out of inattention(resistance to what is)..a projection of time/self. 

The mind likes to create the opposite out of its opposite. Distortion/exclusion(time).

Edited by Jack River

Be mindful all the time. Question is 'mindful of what?' and that is of being in the sphere of appropriate view or vision or contemplation.

Please do not pay attention to my empty words if you are following Leo's teaching !!
Sometimes my empty words may appear too negative, too rational, too irrational, egoistical or even like trolling because my path is a non-path and is nothing but deviation and incompatible with all teachings known.

Only divided awareness is trained, cultivated, and an energy exerter. 

The amount of energy needed to maintain steady consistent awareness is demanded, but also the amount of energy derived from awareness is brought about in that non reactionary awareness. 

This awareness demands full energy, and replenishes that energy as well.

As well a self feeding loop of unlimited energy. 

Edited by Jack River

I think generally speaking yes.  I feel like I'm always in a high state of awareness.  If I get triggered by something I might get sucked into Ego temporarily.  But the bulk of my time is keen awareness.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

18 minutes ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

@Joseph Maynor

Hey man!

How many years of practice? And what kinds, if I may ask.

My whole life.  My own practices.  I don't follow anybody.  I have my own system actually.  I don't like the word "teaching", it's pretentious.  I have a system that I created to do personal development work and to teach personal development.

Edited by Joseph Maynor