How to be wise

Conflict between Enlightenment and Life Purpose

132 posts in this topic

To choose between Enlightenment and Life Purpose is itself implies confusion/contradiction/conflict. 

To the conditioned mind choosing either or is silly.

The conditioned mind can’t know other than it’s actuality/fact/what is. 

So to choose either one from an unfree mind is kinda silly right? 

So then what we say??

Maybe intellignce doesn’t choose,...maybe observation without evaluating/applying effort is the first step of the necessary freedom heh. 

Edited by Jack River

5 minutes ago, Key Elements said:

I already said everything I know. Now, it's up to you to do research or have direct experience of this. :)

Oh ok :)

There's only one problem. You ask for help, but act like you don't want it. Without being open, willing, humble, and learning to listen, no good will ever come of this. This is the most important part - work on your character, all else will follow.

At the root of all is Identity, from it stem all other aspects.

Edited by Anton Rogachevski

11 minutes ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

This is the most important part - work on your character, all else will follow.

Who is the entity who is going to work on its character? :)

As in a duality? 

Edited by Jack River

On 24/12/2018 at 0:36 PM, How to be wise said:

Reality is already perfect.

Going back to the original post...

The biggest problem to saying this is, the reality of enlightenment (truth) doesn't have any ego. But, in our world, the life as we know it, it does. That's the biggest difference. I already explained it.

Getting an awakening (enlightenment) doesn’t eliminate your ego; it only gives you wisdom. If you want to master and "dissolve" your ego, you got to align it with truth, and that takes practice. 

Don't underestimate the ego. If we had no ego, that would be nirvana. Life as we know it would be peace.

Duality?

Align your ego with truth by ‘practice’? 

Cultivation to truth? 

Is this Dualty resistance? 

5 hours ago, Key Elements said:

Going back to the original post...

The biggest problem to saying this is, the reality of enlightenment (truth) doesn't have any ego. But, in our world, the life as we know it, it does. That's the biggest difference. I already explained it.

Getting an awakening (enlightenment) doesn’t eliminate your ego; it only gives you wisdom. If you want to master and "dissolve" your ego, you got to align it with truth, and that takes practice. 

Don't underestimate the ego. If we had no ego, that would be nirvana. Life as we know it would be peace.

When I say “Enlightenment,” I mean your latter definition. I have no interest in just an awakening .

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Yeah the momentary seeing is still partial/fragmented. 

No center is of a different realm altogether. 

Edited by Jack River

3 hours ago, How to be wise said:

When I say “Enlightenment,” I mean your latter definition. I have no interest in just an awakening .

The definitions of both are the same. No more ego in both of them.

The #1 thing I see here is, the ego is very much underestimated. 

@Key Elements It’s not the ego I’m focused with. It’s the mind. 

The clear mind is unattached from its thoughts. It doesn’t believe them so it isn’t manipulated by them.

The unclear mind believes the thoughts, and so is controlled by them. Negative emotions are the result of attaching to your thoughts.

The clear mind will never sustain an ego. But it’s a lot more than just being without an ego.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

"Reality is already perfect."

Not in our world. There's still work that needs to be done.

@Key Elements the only work that needs to be done is in your mind. 

If you don’t see reality as perfect, it’s because you live from the unclear mind. 

All of reality is heaven. If Hell exists, then it is heaven.

A person doesn't have to turn a blind eye to others suffering. One can at least do something about it as an individual with clear mind using life purpose. You don't have to clutter your mind with unwanted thoughts during the process.

@Key Elements Other people are not suffering. That’s just a fact. Even if they tell you they are suffering, in reality they are not.

@How to be wise Talking about the mind, you seem greatly influenced by mental conceptions about what reality is or is not. If you are not there yet, drop all conclusions about "what will be if...". You have no clue. You will see when you're there. I also don't understand why you're asking a question and then defending your own position all the time. 

Just do the work and stop assuming you know how things look from a perspective you don't live from yet. You don't. I don't know that either, but I'm also not claiming to know how life looks like from an enlightened perspective. These are all word games and they won't lead you anywhere, especially if you don't even allow yourself to be wrong. Zen mind = beginner mind

Good luck on your journey :) 

@How to be wise a pretty direct question here, but oh well - what’s stopping you from committing suicide? I hope this isn’t taken to be offensive or anything; it’s a very genuine question. 

11 hours ago, Consilience said:

@How to be wise a pretty direct question here, but oh well - what’s stopping you from committing suicide? I hope this isn’t taken to be offensive or anything; it’s a very genuine question. 

It hasn’t come to me to commit suicide.

I follow the Voice within myself without resistance. 

13 hours ago, How to be wise said:

All of reality is heaven. If Hell exists, then it is heaven.

Wait until you watch one of your parents get sick and slowly die and then come tell me reality is Heaven.  No, actually reality is a mixture of Heaven and Hell and everything in between.  That’s where we got those concepts from to begin with — from reality.  We know certain times in reality can be Hell.  Talk to a war veteran and ask them if reality is Heaven.  Talk to somebody whose 24 year old son just committed suicide whether reality is Heaven.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor