How to be wise

Conflict between Enlightenment and Life Purpose

132 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Jack River said:

Well I kinda follow what you mean. 

The elevator thing I’m unclear on. 

What I mean is simply to explore the past may imply the past (motive-intention/effort; to transcend what is). This is implied in analysis/or to observe/evaluate. Not sure if that is what you meant. 

As in to change what is according to what should be (to find the root and create its opposite out of that opposite). This can be refered to a divided action. 

My post was simple saying to expose the what is without trying to transcend it, as if it were distinct from “the u”. 

See what I mean? 

There are many ways to reach the awakened mind. Your’s is one way. The Work is another.

As for the elevator, it’s job is to take you to a higher floor. The Work’s job is to take you to a higher stage of awareness.

But the elevator has a limit. It can only take you so far. And same with The Work, and any technique that exists. Eventually, you have to get off the elevator to get to your office. Similarly, all techniques must be discarded in the end to reach the awakened mind.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

16 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

There are many ways to reach the awakened mind. Your’s is one way. The Work is another.

As for the elevator, it’s job is to take you to a higher floor. The Work’s job is to take you to a higher stage of awareness.

But the elevator has a limit. It can only take you so far. And same with The Work, and any technique that exists. Eventually, you have to get off the elevator to get to your office. Similarly, all techniques must be discarded in the end to reach the awakened mind.

I see that. 

What I am speaking of is not a way at all. Do you see that? 

Im not offering any way at all. A way imples movement in a specific direction. 

You say all techniques must be applied disregarded eventually. Am I right? 

I am not sayin they are or are not, but simply showing the reality of resistance. 

We always move one way or another, why? 

To not move implies no technique to arive any specific place(time). 

Edited by Jack River

This is what I mean by total freedom to see/observe. Because in that non psychological evolutionary “state” there is no resistance distorting what is. 

Then what ever we do is whole/complete action. In regards to how we live life.

To be a holy dude or dudet. 

Edited by Jack River

3 hours ago, Jack River said:

This is what I mean by total freedom to see/observe. Because in that non psychological evolutionary “state” there is no resistance distorting what is. 

Then what ever we do is whole/complete action. In regards to how we live life.

To be a holy dude or dudet. 

You’re trying to escape the mind. I can tell by the way you speak.

Read the quote that I have under my post and see if you understand it.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

3 hours ago, Jack River said:

This is what I mean by total freedom to see/observe.

To see observe what-is without positive-negative resistance. 

Not freedom from(reaction)... But FREEDOM 

Edited by Jack River

Escape(positive-negative resistance) is what sustains conflict. Right? 

Edited by Jack River

The reality is the self feeds off escape. And every movement “it” (effort) takes to end itself is escaping. 

Effort positively & negatively. 

Thought implicitly establishes limits and transends those very limits.. loop of duality-conflict. 

Tricky and subtle desire/fear 

Edited by Jack River

@Jack River I have no clue what you’re saying

9 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

@Jack River I have no clue what you’re saying

It’s ok, doesn’t matter

57 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

You’re trying to escape the mind. I can tell by the way you speak.

Read the quote that I have under my post and see if you understand it.

Jack is expressing how to understand ourselves, and in so, there is freedom to be without the grip of ego 

@How to be wiseI like your quote though 

what the ego tends to do is limit our self worth to merely the image in the mirror along with all the accumulated thoughts that go with it. This limits are very being and connection to all experience 

The image itself is the distorter. The image is the past(time). 

Thats also the point of FREEDOM..as in no imposition of an image on ourselves/others/environment(action). To me the ultimate purpose. It demands tremendous energy, and that energy is consistently wasted on resistance to what is. 

Positive & negative resistance(time-ego). 

Edited by Jack River