Tony 845

Is Enlightenment the end of all Anxiety/Depression?

50 posts in this topic

Suffering will only end once the Ox has been fully tamed. And this will not happen instantaneously as you hope.

This is why I say the 10 ox herding pics are so important for you newbies to study.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura

And you shall never tame it yourself while you still give the unlearned a negative label such as newbie.  That said i know you ate already aware of this ..we are our own greatest enemy are we not? :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Maybe suffering doesn't end, though it may do when identification ends (idk, not enlightened), even if it's only through empathy with other beings or w/e.

It still doesn't mean life is bad overall, even though some moments may really suck (apparently) (which also bring release, growth eventually),

though I know it's crazy how life can seem bad overall when the minds is fighting, but you have had really good moments (and this may be always one of course), 

one thing I found useful to acknowledge, when such a suffering episode is going on, is that the mind is constantly TALKING

Don’t need no Ox pics. 

has nothing to do hope(time). 

Doesnt demand, cultivation, progression in a certain series of stages. 

Time (gradual psychological evolution) is the cause of suffering itself. To see-understand the whole of time acts as it’s own end to time itself. People can go down that route but it’s not necessary. 

Self observation without escape is the most direct way to see what is. 

All depends on whether or not we can see the necessity of negating all the bullshit that has been past along through tradition/culture(thought). 

Thats why it’s said that people may never end suffering, end it after along time of resistance and stop resisting, or end it instantly because they see the totlaty of how suffering arises in the first place. 

Edited by Jack River

It's probably better to take responsibility for your problem and solve it directly(facing your fear and overcoming it if you have to) rather than some other way thats quick fix like.

The path of least resistance doesn't lead to good results the hard path does.

I think the reason why we have Anxiety is because we are avoiding something so in order to get rid of the anxiety we have to overcome it.  I know this from social anxiety when i try to aviod people the fear becomes stronger but if i face people i feel less fear eventual. 

Edited by BjarkeT

@Tony 845 I'm not enlightened, but I intuit that's its possible to get rid of anxiety and depression. 

In your consciousness you're experiencing all sorts of sensations, pressures, emotions, different senses, and etc. For some reason, we ascribe a positive meaning to some sensations and a negative meaning to other sensations. This ascription of meaning happens at a subconscious and conscious level. The raw sensation of something negative, e.g. anxiety, isn't inherently bad. You could perhaps say that "objectively speaking", a negative sensation/feeling/emotion isn't inherently bad. To say that the raw sensation of fear is worse than the feeling of (insert arbitrarily chosen pleasurable sensation,e. G. Sexual stimulation) is to say that the colour red is objectively superior to the colour blue, when in reality both these colours are equal in their "objective" status. 

I was meditating earlier today and felt I went deep. I was at first blissfull, then depressed after meditation ended, and now blissfull again. And I was feeling extremely down earlier, but through being mindful it's gone. The only way for you to get rid of a negative emotion is to fully accept the negative emotion and see it for what it is. Right now, there are negative sensations for me but I have equanimity and optimism about it. Your depression might get temporarily worse for short periods of time from doing meditation since your old neurotic motivational structures can abruptly collapse. 

The whole process of purification through mindfullness is essentially outlined in this video. You let the negativity engulf every cubic centimeter of your body and it is then that you'll realise that it ain't all that bad:

At the deepest levels of enlightenment, you're probably gonna be in a state of peaceful of bliss. I think that at that point, the fact that there is existence at all feels beautiful beyond words and all contents of your consciousness feel good. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@Tony 845 there were about 2 months where i was like 'damn life is great' after i had my first awakening. then all hell broke lose for 10 (with plenty of nice peaks though). stay mindful and don't stop practicing. and if u have kundalini i highly, highly reccomend the teacher craig holliday as well as the K books on Leo's list!

I don't have direct exp of such, but i am fairly confident from that Craig and those books can efficiently help you go from kundalini to nonduality

Edited by Bobby

On 19.12.2018 at 2:30 AM, Tony 845 said:

i battle with an extreme case of OCD or pure O they call it. will enlightenment truly end this suffering for me?

since awakening my kundalini it hasn't been nearly as intense, I do self inquiry basically all day long & mediate everyday.

but I still have spats of anxiety & some pretty fucked up thoughts sometimes that I can still identify with, but not nearly as much as I once did. 

Self inquiry, sds sits & mediation have really helped me eliminate much of theses neurosis but they are still there on some level..

it would be cool to see a graph on the different depths or levels of enlightenment, maybe the 1st stages still remain some suffering, but at the deepest levels it gets eliminated?‍♂️ I'll tell ya what, something has defiantly changed in me for the better, I was all fucked up for a while..

Quick answer: Yes. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.