CreamCat

If I have an hour or two of free time before I go to bed, what shall I do?

16 posts in this topic

Today, I have an hour or two of free time before I go to bed. I want to make the most of my time. I thought of the following activities.

• Wait around without succumbing to distractions until any good idea comes up in my mind.
  • Do nothing. Just wait around without distracting myself without a purpose.
  • Meditate.
  • Slowly strategize about my life without succumbing to distractions or procrastinations

I don't think doing more shallow stuff in my free time is going to help me with my life purpose in the long run.

What do you recommend doing?

Edited by CreamCat

1 minute ago, okulele said:

Meditate and Slowly strategize about my life without succumbing to distractions or procrastinations.

How do you meditate and strategize simultaneously?

What is your key skill in pursuing your life purpose? If you can spend 60 minutes mastering it every day that will make a huge difference in time. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

1 hour ago, CreamCat said:

How do you meditate and strategize simultaneously?

Basically contemplation. Think about what you want and leave spaces of silence in between the thoughts. Insights will come out of these spaces.

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

13 hours ago, okulele said:

Basically contemplation. Think about what you want and leave spaces of silence in between the thoughts. Insights will come out of these spaces.

Ok.

14 hours ago, Michael569 said:

What is your key skill in pursuing your life purpose? If you can spend 60 minutes mastering it every day that will make a huge difference in time. 

I guess so. On some days, I will slowly strategize or just wait around for insights. On some other days, I will hone my skills.

Meditation, journaling, creative or athletic outlets, hang with good friends, take steps towards a future.

What do you normally do there?  you already probably have something that you routinely or semi-routinely do during that time.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

7 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

What do you normally do there?  you already probably have something that you routinely or semi-routinely do during that time.

I don't know. Because my self discipline has only recently become good enough to stave off a lot of procrastinations and distractions, I had been busy dealing with consequences of procrastinations at night or busy distracting myself with various shallow stuff for my entire life.

Because I had been a slave to distractions or to consequences of procrastinations, I don't know what to do.

I like having free time at night.

i do 5 mins visualization, 20 min self love meditation, reflecting on my wins + contemplation before i sleep 

If it was me I'd make that reading time, there's so much to read in so many categories, it's almost absurd how little time we have to even scratch the surface of what's out there.

Surrender to nothing, time, ideas where you want to get, even that moment, forget that that moment exists , just complete nothing, no goal , no nothing.

Edited by purerogue

Work/Read for 1 hour and then for the last hour reflect on your day. How could it have been better in relation to your life's purpose?

Get the #1 Productivity Hack for 2019 (That no one knows about) Get it Here!

Read a book for a while...not something too technical but something that will relax you before bed like a biography or a spiritual text such as the bible or the bhagavad gita

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<