kingroboto

Ways to re-orient yourself in the morning?

11 posts in this topic

When I wake up in the morning, as soon as my brain starts spinning I immediately feel this sense of anxiety and dread wash over me, thinking about getting through another day and facing another battle with my mind. Will I be able to be productive today? Will I let myself down? Am I going the right path in life? Oh god I'm tired/cold/hungry why am I still alive etc... it's disappointing because I would go to sleep in a calmer state of mind, more optimistic about life in general. It's like everything gets reset and I have to spend all day to reach that state again (only to reset again in the morning) 

I've found so far Meditation is very good.  Weed calms me down (wake and bake) and I go to workout in the morning.  Still I wish that there is a way to carry over your state of mind at night to next morning when I get up without all the fuss. (Or is it inevitable and hence why meditation is so important)

Edited by kingroboto

turn off the mental chatterbox. 

once you realize the cons in thinking like that or that kind of self talk, it stops. 

It helps to adopt newer perspectives of decision making, failure, success, and one's relationship to the world. More positive dialogues within yourself.

I recommend reading some self-help books, meditation, therapy and of course psychedelics. Anything that creates self-reflection.

Morning routine is so important.  It's good that you realize that.  Same reason why breakfast is the most important meal of the day.  Morning routine sets up your entire day.  I've gotten in the habit of drinking an Ensure first thing in the morning which gives me a great boost.  The Ensure is like a snack, it's not breakfast.  I cook a full breakfast for myself.  The Ensure is like an initial shot of fuel into my system when I first wake up.  And I only drink one per day right after I I wake up.

Ensure-Immune-health-drink-Zoom.jpg

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Tap your chest as a monkey until you regain the heart's vitality. 

The most simple is always the most effective. 

Edited by Hellspeed

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@Hellspeed That's actually great advice!
I experiment with something like this at the moment. First thing I do is drinking a tea and reading. Then Wim Hof/Fire Breath to boost myself with energy and (more importantly) release those knots in the head. After that I found something very very powerful:

A little like in Osho's dynamic meditation, I just do any movements, facial expressions and sounds that I feel like doing. It is super important to not hold yourself back here, be animalistic, express any energy and tendency that wants to be expressed. I also incorporate dancing as expressively as I feel it. That's maybe 10 minutes. It really makes a huge difference for me. 

I also recommend warming up / mobilizing every morning. If you're a morning exerciser as me, also exercise right after the warm up. Getting your blood pumping is often all you need to get out of your head :) Also meditation of course, I recommend a commitment to do that every (!!!) morning.

8 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Morning routine is so important.  It's good that you realize that.  Same reason why breakfast is the most important meal of the day.  Morning routine sets up your entire day.  I've gotten in the habit of drinking an Ensure first thing in the morning which gives me a great boost.  The Ensure is like a snack, it's not breakfast.  I cook a full breakfast for myself.  The Ensure is like an initial shot of fuel into my system when I first wake up.  And I only drink one per day right after I I wake up.

Ensure-Immune-health-drink-Zoom.jpg

Paid for by the Abbott corporation.!.

what helps me: 

exercise

progressive work 

videos that bring me to my higher-self 

good conversations with people 

You can visualize success for 10 minutes after waking up. While listening to uplifting music. See yourself doing and having the things that you want. This is the opposite of worrying. & A great way to start your day.

Black is white. Down is up. Bad is good. -Eric Tarpall