Eric Tarpall

I have a better alternative to democracy

33 posts in this topic

Democracy isn't as great as it sounds. Democracy basically means that if you're a minority your voice doesn't matter. So instead of being a dictators slave you're the majority's slave. There's only one way to solve this problem. Make an island for each ideology. So they can live in peace seperately. And neutral robot cops can make sure that the islands don't attack each other. 

Black is white. Down is up. Bad is good. -Eric Tarpall

Nationalism? I don't think this would work because people will evolve and change their values. 

Lol, and then all those islands rape, pillage, and ensalve each other.

That's called human history circa ancient Rome.

You can't have neutral robots. There is no such thing as neutral. Those robots will have their own self-interest and will ensalve everyone else. Or whoever built those robots will just build even better ones to kill the old ones and enslave the other islands.

Democracy and multiculturalism are the solutions which evolved to solve this thousands years old problem.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Although democracy is better than authoritarianism, it’s still quite naive. Why would you leave major decisions to mostly uneducated people. Wouldn’t it be better to let the academics and other knowledgeable people take care of the decision making. Regular folk usually vote based on emotions, not reason.

Although this sounds like an epic "RoboCop" sequel, there is not separating different ideologies in this world.  If you saw an island whos ideology was having kids, and throwing them off a cliff if they weren't fit, you'd probably at least say something.  Tensions would rise is my point. Ideologies clash.  I like the idea, but this ends up causing a lot of demonization between groups of people, it just wouldn't work out and as Leo said, did not work out in history.  Also, just because we are on our own islands, we still share the same planet.  Issues like "who gets to fish in these waters" would come up.  I actually just remembered one of my favorite shows "whale wars".  I think the crew was like U.S./Canadian/Australian and they were lobbing like acid at Japanese whale boats to make it difficult to whale.  One country believes whaling should be illegal, the other legal.  These ideologies clashed in neutral territory 

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

@Speedscarlet And who is gonna decide which people count as "properly educated"?

The Christians will say it's their clergy. The Muslims will say it's their most fundamenalist clerics. The atheists will say it's people like Richard Dawkins. The white nationalists will say it's their Aryan brothers. The post-modernists will say it's people like Jacques Derrida. The oil companies will say its their well-paid anti global warming shill scientists. The tobacco companies will say it's their tobacco doesn't harm people shill scientists.

If the materialist scientists are given control of the government they will outlaw all religion, spirituality, and mysticism and you will be enslaved by robots, AI, and corporatism.

See, you guys are underestimating the depth of this problem.

Who is gonna arbitrate what is true and good? See, you assume truth and goodness is just an objective given, but it isn't, it's relative.

If you want to be idealistic a perfect dictatorship is the best, although that's completely unrealistic. As for being in minority, you'll have to promote your ideas, spread the word of whatever you what.

The whole point of a good democracy is that it protects minority rights.

In any other system the minorities would be killed or enslaved.

@Leo Gura of course it isn’t going to happen today. But the ideal will be if you let the people of knowledge, like don beck, take care of the country’s decision making. I was recently listening to his audiobook ‘spiral dynamics integral’. The guy is a fucking angel in terms of knowing what all the political sticking points are, and how to satisfy each of the meme codes. 

8 hours ago, Andreas said:

Nationalism? I don't think this would work because people will evolve and change their values. 

Migration should be allowed of course. 

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Or whoever built those robots will just build even better ones to kill the old ones and enslave the other islands.

They probably wouldn't build the old ones in the first place if that's their intention. I think it's possible for some kind of buddha person to make peaceful robots. But it's unlikely. 

1 hour ago, zambize said:

Also, just because we are on our own islands, we still share the same planet.

Every ideology should have their own planet lol.

Black is white. Down is up. Bad is good. -Eric Tarpall

2 minutes ago, Eric Tarpall said:

Migration should be allowed of course. 

They probably wouldn't build the old ones in the first place if that's their intention. I think it's possible for some kind of buddha person to make peaceful robots. But it's unlikely. 

Every ideology should have their own planet lol.

Can you imagine a planet with only ISIS members ^_^?

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

29 minutes ago, Eric Tarpall said:

I think it's possible for some kind of buddha person to make peaceful robots. But it's unlikely. 

There is no such thing as "peaceful". What is good for you is bad for someone else. Even the Buddha cannot take a step without killing life.

And without a survival drive those robots would all be easily destroyed by people.

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

4 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Yellow FTW!!

S_230601-MLB20358172252_072015-O.jpg

Who's the pink one?

Breathing in, I calm my body.

Breathing out, I smile.

@Serotoninluv I sometimes imagine Spiral Dynamics tier 2 as power rangers in their colorful robots ranging in colors from beige to green unite into one big robot, which then transforms and changes color to yellow. xD

On 11/28/2018 at 5:43 PM, Eric Tarpall said:

There's only one way to solve this problem. Make an island for each ideology. So they can live in peace seperately. And neutral robot cops can make sure that the islands don't attack each other

@Eric Tarpall wouldn't the utmost success be the ability to see the interconnectedness of everything? Once you have explored everything from your tiny island, wouldn't you want to explore everything else and had some adventure? To see the wisdom of everything? and learn from it to keep growing infinitely.....^_^

Edited by Angelite

@Serotoninluv Perhaps Teletubbies could be used as a Spiral Dynamics blueprint for child development/kids (with Aspergers)? xD

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

@now is forever With kaleidoscopic vision O.o hehe