Pouya

Should I forget about spirituality?

23 posts in this topic

I've lost all the courage, curiosity and patience to anything related to meditation, enlightenment, spirituality and contemplation.

It feels like a big big waste of time. Chasing enlightenment, spiritual ideals and meditating to become someone powerful or just raising awareness is no different that chasing money, sex, fame and science.

Chasing is chasing and wanting is wanting for me. Those are content.

I feel like I've hit square one and anything I've done is just spinning around.

Also metarialism is back with much more force.

4 minutes ago, Pouya said:

Chasing is chasing and wanting is wanting for me. Those are content.

Right. Those ARE just more “contents” within conscious awareness. Who is chasing exactly? What exactly are your ideas about materialism, or who you think you are? Do you know?

Here’s the thing: All your ideas about materialism, all of your meaning about the world, all of your intellectualizations and learning, all of your social status and interactions with other people are meaningless contents within conscious. Let that sink in. Like REALLY sink in. Before any meaning can be given to an experience, the experience must first be experienced. But have you reflected on what meaing actually is? “Meaning” is itself just more contents within consciousness, and just as meaningless as the experiences themselves because meaning is literally another experience within your unified direct experience. Does that make sense?

Furthermore, all of your ideas about self or the sense of a seperate self are still more meaningless contents within consciousness. All of your direct experience exists before “you” superimposed the ideas of a seperate self who is chasing and wanting deeper awareness. 

Seriously explore your direct experience dawg: what do you see? If you look closesly, and in all 6 senses (taste, touch, sight, smell, hearing, mind), you’ll notice an unified field of phenomena popping in and out of consciousness. You’ll also notice that within each point of this field, there are an infinte number of ways to divide, distinguish, objectify, or create information about. In fact, all objects within consciousness,  are really just an arbitrary grouping of distinctions within the infinite field of distinctions already present, but again, none of it is seperate from the whole of conscious experience. Aka objects dont actually exist. All of your ideas, meaning, sense of self, materialism, or anything having to do with your mind, is fundamentally based on a false premise that objects exist as seperate entities in and of themselves, but as we just explored, no objects truly exist.

So now we ask: who is chasing, who is wanting? What IS chasing, what IS wanting?

Empty contents within consciousness that have arbitrarily been seperated from the whole of direct experience,  objectified mental ideas, which themselves are based fundamentally on a false notion, an illusion we might say.

And here’s the thing, what Im talking about is an oversimplified fraction of all there is to say on this topic of non-dual spirituality. My advice? Keep contemplating, keep meditating and dont stop until you’ve unraveled all of this for yourself. 

Id also recommend exploring Peter Ralston’s work. His books are extremely helpful for spirituality. 

@Pouya Psychedelics are the solution to this problem.

You are demoralized because you have not seen any tangible results. Because a tangible shift in consciousness usually takes several years of dedicated practice which you lack the vision to complete.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

What results are you looking for? The result is right here, its been here since you were a toddler. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

You have to look inward and trust your own inquiry.  Otherwise you're gonna get 1000 different opinions.  You gotta make it your journey.  It's your journey to discover who you are.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Leo Gura actually i had a very deep expereince recently and it made me like this.

And i cant really take psychedelics. I wish i could :P

@Rilles as i said above, i had an result and it melted everything including spirituality.

@Consilience Enlightenment is meaningless. Spirituality is meaningless. And Life is just a game.

I think I'm dropping my green values and moving to yellow. It has been happening for 2 months.

I want to play and engage with this game not to waste it chasing spiritual ideas and enlightenment.

@Pouya the difference is wanting sex money and fame is an unending circle of suffering. Wanting enlightenment eventually leads to seeing that the circle never will make you happy.

@WelcometoReality according to non duality (the reality as it is), there is no distinction between anything.

So how enlightenment is different from all of them?

2 minutes ago, Pouya said:

@WelcometoReality according to non duality (the reality as it is), there is no distinction between anything.

So how enlightenment is different from all of them?

That's is a good question. I don't think I have a good answer to it. The truth is that nothing changes,  life will continue on as ordinary. But also everything changes nothing will ever be the same.

Desire will still be after the realization. 

@Pouya Then watch the Ten Ox Herding Pictures video and carry on with the work.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

25 minutes ago, Pouya said:

@WelcometoReality Secondly, who will get rid suffering? Who will get the "benefits" of enlightenment?

You will. You won't be able to point to the one benefitting. So technically the is no one benefitting from it. At the same time there is still your body that you live your life through.

Edited by WelcometoReality

34 minutes ago, Pouya said:

@Rilles as i said above, i had an result and it melted everything including spirituality.

@Consilience Enlightenment is meaningless. Spirituality is meaningless. And Life is just a game.

I think I'm dropping my green values and moving to yellow. It has been happening for 2 months.

I want to play and engage with this game not to waste it chasing spiritual ideas and enlightenment.

If one needs an example of how one can be deceived up until the end this would be a good one.

2 hours ago, Pouya said:

It feels like a big big waste of time. Chasing enlightenment, ...

Chasing enlightenment really is a big waste of time. It's like chasing one's own shadow.

Please do not pay attention to my empty words if you are following Leo's teaching !!
Sometimes my empty words may appear too negative, too rational, too irrational, egoistical or even like trolling because my path is a non-path and is nothing but deviation and incompatible with all teachings known.

Thankgod my child, finally let go...let go and rest, rest, allow yourself to be who you are right now, flaws and qualities

You've chased the whole world, now the bell has rung, allow yourself to be

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

@Pouya Spirituality is centered around being, not chasing. You do all do the doing to learn to flow with life. 

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.