Baotrader

Suicidal thoughts

36 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura if you think this post is too negative, just close it. I just want to have an honest discussion. 

I have been having suicidal thoughts after quite a lot of meditation. I am beginning to wonder if suicide is better for some people? Some pp are in extreme suffering. They put their body under tonnes of pain just to make money to live by days. Isn't it better to kill yourself if you live in such conditions? 

And after my self-inquiry i have realized the reason those people don't commit suicide is because they are afraid of the physical pains they would have to go through to meet death. Most countries don't allow guns anyway. 

If people are honest i bet most will admit they wish they would never have been born into this miserable world.

If anyone is angry at the last sentence feel free to throw that on me

:D

There's some truth in it. Some feel stuck and don't know any other escape. But you do. You've been exposed to spirituality. You have everything that you need to grow and transform yourself.

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

Where do you think youll go if you off yourself? Who is being killed? Can you pin-point what it IS that is causing suffering to the YOU?

A master once said ”Suffering is caused by our egos obfuscation of it,” The ego is real lazy, it just says ”you are making me suffer” but it never says ”what is IT? what is that suffering?” Thats scary but you need to look into that.

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Baotrader Taking ideas as truths is confusion. your current mood is totally groundless and so are the thoughts/ideas arising from there. This is not to say that this world is not miserable but wonderful. What I am saying is that both "miserable world" and "wonderful world" and all potential accompanying sentiments and moods are equally empty of truth.

Having said that it is likely that my words cannot reach you. Therefore there are 2 warnings:
1. some people suffer from conditions that cannot be dealt with meditation but require medical help
2. many people cannot deal with spiritual practices like meditation without the close guide of a qualified master and run into problems, sometimes even severe problems, if they try on their own.

Please do not pay attention to my empty words if you are following Leo's teaching !!
Sometimes my empty words may appear too negative, too rational, too irrational, egoistical or even like trolling because my path is a non-path and is nothing but deviation and incompatible with all teachings known.

Have all the thoughts you want. But take good care of your physical body.

The ego mind will play all sorts of tricks when it gets cornered. Suicidal thoughts are just one trick up its sleeve.

There is a long tradition of Dark Night of the Soul for mystics. A classic stage. I think the key to overcoming it is just to make a commitment to carry on with the work, suffer mindfully, and commit to not harming your physical body.

No thoughts are to be taken seriously. That's also another trick. Do not buy into your own stories. All of that is ultimately delusion.

And also always remember that reality is infinitely Good, Beautiful, Perfect, and Complete. Suffering is there because of the ego. You can learn to let go of suffering.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

21 minutes ago, Baotrader said:

@Rilles The ego likes to talk shit when it's comfy

?

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Leo Gura but the body still feels pains. When someone has little money he worries about how to carry on. It's just natural

@Baotrader 

15 minutes ago, Baotrader said:

@Leo Gura but the body still feels pains. When someone has little money he worries about how to carry on. It's just natural

That's a projection. Eckhart Tolle sat for two years on a bench and he never knew when the next paycheck will come. And you can hear him personally saying that he never worried about it.

Just because you worry when you have little money, it doesn't mean that everyone does.

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

If people are honest i bet most will admit they wish they would never have been born into this miserable world.

If I had a button that I could push to directly end my life without pain or suffering I would have pushed this button a thousand times by now, again, again, again, again  

I'm no stranger to feeling suicidal, especially feeling suicidal while being on the path doing the work

Whats there to say, it simply gets better if you stick it through honestly

When you feel suicidal it is time to demand life to get better, life has to help you, you're not supposed to feel this cornered

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

1 hour ago, Dan Arnautu said:

@Baotrader 

That's a projection. Eckhart Tolle sat for two years on a bench and he never knew when the next paycheck will come. And you can hear him personally saying that he never worried about it.

Just because you worry when you have little money, it doesn't mean that everyone does.

sure. Some do not some do. I just use it as an example

Edited by Baotrader
wrong grammar

Go with them, suicide the old you, your personality, your old patterns. Go with the flow to find bliss. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

7 hours ago, Baotrader said:

Actually even "physical pain" is conceptual.

It is possible to learn to stop doing it.

yes, I've felt that, I was homeless once with a child, we had to live in a walk-in closet for 6 months, I've gone without food, been beaten, etc, etc, etc

money troubles and trying to survive can be so hard

I thought about suicide a lot, and took a lot of chances where I might die by accident but it never happened

the thing is, that today, I am so glad I didn't die

spiritually though, if you die without going through this then won't you just go through it again in the next life? might as well just plow though, I hope things turn around for you soon <3

9 hours ago, Baotrader said:

I have been having suicidal thoughts after quite a lot of meditation. I am beginning to wonder if suicide is better for some people? Some pp are in extreme suffering. They put their body under tonnes of pain just to make money to live by days. Isn't it better to kill yourself if you live in such conditions?

Who can guarantee you that your pain will stop when you kill yourself?

26 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Actually even "physical pain" is conceptual.

It is possible to learn to stop doing it.

Leo, why do you think the Universe thought it would be a good idea for a human being to have the potential to experience so much physical pain? Does the level of suffering increase with the complexity of consciousness? You say we are able to experience love and intelligence because the Universe is loving and intelligent, but what about pain? This means the universe can also experience pain.

Journal of Jesus Christ - https://journalofjesuschrist.com

@Vladimir That's very simple. Without intense physical pain you would have accidentally killed yourself long ago.

People who cannot feel pain usually die very young.

But that is very different from being so conscious that you can transcend pain.

Suffering is one of the best tools for spiritual growth. If you never suffered you would a lazy fat slug living in your mother's basement like Jabba the Hut. Suffering is what makes life feel so REAL. Otherwise it would just be a cartoon.