Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
universe

Any videos/movies that inspired you to do spiritual work?

13 posts in this topic

So Im looking for videos which speak to you and make you want to meditate or do spiritual work. It could also be inspirational on another level. Maybe you saw true beauty in it, or it made you feel love, or it made you question reality.

No speeches like Alan Watts or Sadhguru, or speeches with photo slideshows!

Im specifically looking for art in video form. So mainly with actors or it could be any visuals.

Please specify what the video/movie made you realize/feel and what about it spoke to you so strongly. Can be subtle as well.

Loove that movie <3 Waking Life is one of my favorites as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waking_Life

I also really resonated with Slacker, another Richard Linklater film. 

Edited by VioletFlame

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

A great movie is "Lucy", if u haven't seen it. It's a newer movie, so didn't influence me personally to go into spiritual work, but may influence someone else. So figured I'd mention it.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@universe

Cowboy Bebop. The show is filled with charecters trying to let go of their past. Even in the face of death, as is the case in the video, one should be able to accept reality as it is. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@Joseph Maynor @Serotoninluv Can you be more specific about what the movies did to you and how you think they did that?

@VioletFlame Ah great! Couldnt remember the name. Walking Life would have been an example of what I thought of. But Im also interested in short video bits, doesnt have to be feature length.

@Anna1 I never came around to watch this movie because I didnt like the trailer. I think I should at least give it a shot. Does it involve anything spiritual or is it just pills/science?

@lmfao classic

Edited by universe

@universe yes, the trailer doesn't do it justice. The first half of the movie is building the plot. So, there is some violence (guns, etc), but trust me a deeper meaning unfolds. I've watched this movie at least 3 times.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Anna1 Just watched it today and wanted to thank you! The trailer really was off putting with all the pseudo science but the movie is beautiful!

Any other video/media?

I know this one gets mentioned a lot but I thought about what was the most influential movie experiences I ever had. And it does stand out.

The Tree Of Life by Terence Malick. I watched it at the comedown of a very insightful acid trip. The movie experience though became so impactful that it was the real peak of the whole trip. I recommend not watching any trailers.

What did this movie evoke in me? One of the most important things that accompanies me since then: Grace. This movie is about having faith in the universe, seeing the beauty around you even when it feels like you're betrayed by life. The cinematography is incredible, Emmanuel Lubezki is a genius. The characters really spoke to me, the script was fantastic. The scope of the whole movie is so all-encompassing. It left me in tears and showed me the beauty in life, in art, in humans, in conflict, in family, in pain. Simply marvelous. But it is not everyone's kind of movie, he has a very specific way of telling a story. A lot of thoughts being spoken in the off. 

Also, "Roma", the new Alfonso Cuaron movie. Every shot is pure beauty and you can find much truth in it, in a relative and absolute sense. It's painfully close to reality, it's hard to stomach but it shows you what love is and what it is not. 

Kingdom Hearts ? 

Its all about the light within.

In fact the first word I spoke as a baby was light and star. 

Hope everyone’s having a lovely Christmas.

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

Thanks all, will check it out! Already have Roma on my list as well!

Somehow related I can say Serenity (2018) was a nice ride! But I think it works best for people who like to immerse themselves in a movie. Dont expect it to be perfect either.