winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

@winterknight it is silence itself that is aware! 

even if you say "i am silence" that is a thought happening in silence. 

you can't even put your awareness on silence because you are silence itself! 

such a strange loop paradox. 

Edited by Aakash

13 minutes ago, winterknight said:

An overrated term, though sometimes it can be valid. Maybe a more specific question with details from your life/path would be more helpful?

Well, I guess I fell into that trap a while ago. I have some issues related to self-confidence and self-esteem (they stem from my childhood and my teenage years). When I discovered this whole personal development stuff, I started working on my problems but I quickly switched to meditation, consciousness work, self-inquiry, etc without solving the core issues. Now, I realized this and I "went back" to the main issues, but I still like to read about nonduality, practise Kriya yoga, do daily meditations. I guess I can do both, but I need to find some middle ground. What do you think?

6 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@winterknight it is silence itself that is aware! 

even if you say "i am silence" that is a thought happening in silence. 

Simply stay as that silence. Don't follow any thoughts. If a thought comes up, notice the silence. 

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

1 hour ago, nistake said:

Well, I guess I fell into that trap a while ago. I have some issues related to self-confidence and self-esteem (they stem from my childhood and my teenage years). When I discovered this whole personal development stuff, I started working on my problems but I quickly switched to meditation, consciousness work, self-inquiry, etc without solving the core issues. Now, I realized this and I "went back" to the main issues, but I still like to read about nonduality, practise Kriya yoga, do daily meditations. I guess I can do both, but I need to find some middle ground. What do you think?

I am very strongly on the side of resolving psychological issues by not just spiritual but also psychological means. This means being honest about what you want. To do that, you can use what I call the 'science of desire,' something which I lay out in my book -- but basically comes down to trying something or imagining it, noticing how you feel, expressing that feeling, and then refining your idea of what you really want and how to get it. Do this as long as there is inner conflict -- some kind of gap between what you think you want to do and what you actually do.

The other big thing is a specific type of therapy: I'm a huge proponent of psychoanalytic therapy or even psychoanalysis (they are somewhat different; psychoanalysis is longer and more intense). They are of great aid to seekers.

Edited by winterknight

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

OMG I'M EXPERIENCING SO MUCH HAPPINESS NOW! 

EVEN ENLIGHTENMENT ITSELF IS A CONCEPT LOL! 

the individual that says he's enlightened is only a thought :D

HAPPINESS LEVELS  (10/10) 

i have been trying my best to hold onto the silence, i rejected EVERYTHING else

why does it feel like i've been transported to another dimension?

i've started to stop using the term "i" because i am holding that silence 

everything like being aware of things i.e birds chirping, food being cooked is happening outside of the silence

Edited by Aakash

14 minutes ago, Aakash said:

i have been trying my best to hold onto the silence, i rejected EVERYTHING else

why does it feel like i've been transported to another dimension?

i've started to stop using the term "i" because i am holding that silence 

everything like being aware of things i.e birds chirping, food being cooked is happening outside of the silence

Who is holding the silence?

ahh man, silence trying to keep hold of silence? 

basically after a thought ended and there was silence, i held onto that,

but i never asked myself who is holding onto silence because its just what was being done

3 minutes ago, Aakash said:

ahh man, silence trying to keep hold of silence? 

basically after a thought ended and there was silence, i held onto that,

but i never asked myself who is holding onto silence because its just what was being done

Do you think silence needs to be held on to? Where would silence go if you simply stopped trying to hold on?

@Aakash You already know by now that you are not Aakash

silence is not trying to keep hold of silence

silence is the screen

screen cannot do or not do anything

what helps to think of your true nature as a quality (isn't the case, but helps to illustrate this)

can a quality "do" anything?

like, lenght, weight, hieght, tempreate... can these things do anything? or are they just a measure of something?

you are simply aware of the life story of aakash

aakash is trying to hold the silence but you are not aakaash

you are that who is watching this

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@winterknight it would still be there in the background of course aware of everything. 

but that is not the problem, the problem is "i" wouldn't be conscious of it and therefore be able to be it 

by holding on , i meant BEING SILENCE 

it was like a dimension of BEING, but i was infact holding onto it and therefore i probably went wrong there. 

@SoonHei yes but there is one who is aware of being aware! it doesn't just stop at being aware of the story called aakash and witnessing the characters life. 

10 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@winterknight it would still be there in the background of course aware of everything. 

but that is not the problem, the problem is "i" wouldn't be conscious of it and therefore be able to be it 

by holding on , i meant BEING SILENCE 

it was like a dimension of BEING, but i was infact holding onto it and therefore i probably went wrong there. 

I know what you're saying. I'm trying to redirect your attention right now -- who is that "I" who was both in that silence and who now things he "went wrong"?

OMG is it "no-thing"

Edited by Aakash

10 minutes ago, Aakash said:

OMG is it "no-thing"

Don't ask me, look into your own "I."  Who was aware of the inquiry, of the silence, of the holding of the silence and rejecting everything else, and then of the moment when there was a thought that it "went wrong" and now of this question about "no-thing"?

Has that gone anywhere? What is that?

Edited by winterknight

i will answer you tonight , i need to do some self-inquiry 

54 minutes ago, Aakash said:

yes but there is one who is aware of being aware! it doesn't just stop at being aware of the story called aakash and witnessing the characters life. 

yes. all it is doing is BEING AWARE

that includes being aware of being aware - that includes the story of aakaash and witnessing the characters life (all of which is a story/label by the mind) and it is all encompassed in being aware.

and the last step of that being, there is no being aware of. there is just being aware, as ONE.

@Aakash

so like this. all under the umbrella of BEING AWARE / KNOWING The Exp. of

Absolute is being aware of:

• being aware
  • story of aakash
  • witnessing the character's life
  • further labeling can be added - depending on how much you want to abstract from the whole
Edited by SoonHei
Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@winterknight it hasn't changed! 

the "i" is i! 

THE SEEKER 

the one being seeked is the seeker , it is i! 

i is aware of being aware 

i is aware of the thought of i 

i is! 

i am sure that is me because that is me! 

Edited by Aakash

14 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@winterknight it hasn't changed! 

the "i" is i! 

THE SEEKER 

the one being seeked is the seeker , it is i! 

i is aware of being aware 

i is aware of the thought of i 

i is! 

i am sure that is me because that is me! 

And what does it feel like, this I?

@winterknight  it feels like me, it feels like the true me, i can't even overstate it enough, it feels like the me who is aware of EVERYTHING that is happening and will ever happen, it feels like the only thing that could ever be me

like it would be impossible to dissolve it further, because you would be itself the one you are trying to find 

its really weird its like the most obvious thing in the world 

when i was in silence with completely no thought 

it was the presence (me) that was aware 

it is the one who is aware of a thought