Ingit

Aren’t psychedelics Substance of Abuse and Threat for our Health !

21 posts in this topic

To be real i have never tried Psychedelics  or any substance of absue, I consider these substance as bad for one’s health, I just keep away from people who indulges in such activity and think them as bad addictors. How come these substances are used in Spirituality and benifits.... Aren’t people trying to use them as a purpose of avoiding their reality??? ?

?IngitScooby ?

I think there might be a person who does them too much where it could be a problem, but for someone like me, psychedelics aren't ever going to be an addiction issue or abused.  I haven't done psychedelics in a almost a year now.  No need.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor ok cool.... but why do you need them.... Which one is safe, I asked my Anesthesia  Teacher about Ketamine and she told me its safe but asked me why would I need that... I have heard about Marijuana too

?IngitScooby ?

6 minutes ago, Ingit said:

@Joseph Maynor ok cool.... but why do you need them.... Which one is safe, I asked my Anesthesia  Teacher about Ketamine and she told me its safe but asked me why would I need that... I have heard about Marijuana too

They give you a different perspective on reality that makes you question things and see things differently.  It's like traveling to a weird ass country for 2 weeks and then coming back and having all the furniture in your mind re-arranged.  That trip basically gave you a different perspective on your own country that you didn't have before.  Psychedelics are like that too.  They help you get up underneath your programming that you otherwise take for granted.  You take your own home country for granted with all of its accompanying customs until you have reason to see things differently.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor I would not question you more..... but a last one- Did you call tge trip you experience after taking pschedelic a reality, Since all we expeeiwnxw in the teip is mere a Hallucination?

?IngitScooby ?

Your mind works in a way that is the most beneficial for your survival. That means it creates a lot of persistent illusions in your life that you live in your whole life and you call that a reality but it is not reality it is very limited form of it. Psychedelics offer you the ability to change theprogramming of the mind and see reality under different point of view. The mistake people that haven't tried psychedelics make is that they think that this different point of view is just some minor thing. Some anecdote you can tell your friends and that's that. But it can be life changing. Actually it is technically impossible to tell how much world crushing it can be. Think something along the lines of combination between Neo taking the red pill in Matrix and Truman from Truman show realizing his whole life was just a charade.

And you are right they can be very bad for your psychological health because you can see too many things you are not prepared to face. And if you are not careful you will create a lot of delusions about what you saw.

42 minutes ago, Setty said:

And if you are not careful you will create a lot of delusions about what you saw.

I Agree 100%.  This is one of the reasons I don’t do psychedelics anymore.  There’s no need.   What psychedelics are pointing to, I already know about.  And once you know what that is, you don’t need the psychedelics to see it.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Ingit Wel it is a unique experience. And most of the time the experience doesn't involve world crushing elements. That happens mostly if you aim for it or if you take too big of a dose.  If you are going to do it do it focus on safety. Luckily psychedelics are safe for your psychical healthso you don't have to worry about that. But read some articles about it. To make sure you mental health is safe do them in a good and friendly enviroment with a trip sitter you trust. And read some trip reports so you know what to expect. There is a lot of them on this forum. 

If you are interested in the spiritual aspect of it then combine those substances with self inquiry or meditation. Leo made a great guide on self inquiry in the link below. If you do these exercises while tripping it is very likely you get the mystical experience everyone here is talking about.

@Joseph Maynor Yeah it is very easy trap to fall into. You get the glimpse of the absolute but your mind immediately makes up something out of it and you start to believe your conception of it is the real deal. 

You are judging from a brainwashed perspective. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

4 hours ago, Ingit said:

To be real i have never tried Psychedelics  or any substance of absue, I consider these substance as bad for one’s health, I just keep away from people who indulges in such activity and think them as bad addictors. How come these substances are used in Spirituality and benifits.... Aren’t people trying to use them as a purpose of avoiding their reality??? ?

Pychedelics can be used to avoid "reality" too but trust me that the one responsible who avoids most of reality is your ego and your mental patterns, precisely psychedelics can erase for some hours this patterns, that´s why they can help. Although of course in the process of this, one can misuse psychedelics too and dont achieve nothing from them, but in general, they are far from being a common substance of abuse. 

2 hours ago, Hellspeed said:

You are judging from a brainwashed perspective. 

@Ingit

Nailed it. It’s not “your” fault, but it’s true. So far. It’s shocking how much overthinking this all too common brainwashing entails. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Ingit Who says they're "bad" and what evidence would you use to support the claim that they bring about negative consequences?

Nietzsche talked about master morality and slave morality. One of the hallmarks of slave morality is that one is told what to think is "bad" or "good" by the culture they grow up in without any basis for the claims. 

When people take psychedelics, it opens their mind and they think for themselves. Cultural and religious conditioning lose their power. Why would your society want to get rid of that? ;)

Natural, still living (fresh) plants are the way to become awareness, at least temporarily. I have no idea whether it can lead to permanent enlightenment.

Surrendering has been done without use of psychedelics.

9 hours ago, Matt8800 said:

@Ingit Who says they're "bad" and what evidence would you use to support the claim that they bring about negative consequences?

Nietzsche talked about master morality and slave morality. One of the hallmarks of slave morality is that one is told what to think is "bad" or "good" by the culture they grow up in without any basis for the claims. 

When people take psychedelics, it opens their mind and they think for themselves. Cultural and religious conditioning lose their power. Why would your society want to get rid of that? ;)

I have seen most of the people with Motor disturbances from chronic substance abuse!!!! That is why I mentioned it !!!! 

10 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Ingit

Nailed it. It’s not “your” fault, but it’s true. So far. It’s shocking how much overthinking this all too common brainwashing entails. 

Yep OK ? 

?IngitScooby ?

@Ingit What natural psychedelics cause motor disturbance?

A few can cause the heart to work too hard, but that's  if you take a lot more than what is required for the insights and awareness.

9 hours ago, i am I AM said:

@Ingit What natural psychedelics cause motor disturbance?

A few can cause the heart to work too hard, but that's  if you take a lot more than what is required for the insights and awareness.

Ganja ! Cocaine !

?IngitScooby ?

1 hour ago, Ingit said:

Ganja ! Cocaine !

Those are not psychedelics as far as I am aware, but I may be wrong.

I feel like you might be conflating psychedelics and drugs in one category. Just intuition, don't take my words as truth.

Edited by Flammable

You see, the reason you want to be better, is the reason why you aren’t. Shall I put it like that?

We aren't better, because we want to be.

~ Alan Watts