Sempiternity

5-meo first experience advice?

19 posts in this topic

Leo has said in his 5-Meo video for your first experience to be on a low dose (I'd guess 5mg?), to get the freakout out of the way, and to know how sensitive you are to it. Is it advisable, after coming back from the first low dose trip, to (if everything went well the first time) immediately do a larger dose (say 15mg?) to try and get a breakthrough Awakening? I've heard of people doing another big hit after coming back. Just not sure if that's the most effective route to take, or should one wait for the next day to do the larger dose? Give time to integrate. Any personal experience advice is appreciated. 

5-MeO basically has no tolerance so you could do back to back doses.

The real issue is whether you'd actually want to redose.

10mg is a good starting dose for snorting/plugging.

5mg is too little unless you are smoking it.

10mg snorted will freak you out enough that you probably won't want to redose that day. Even 10mg if its your first time can be very shocking.

For me 5-MeO trips tend to be so deep that I would never want to redose same day.

I would plan it like this:

Day 1: 10-12mg

Day 2: 15-20mg

Day 3: 25mg

A week later: 30mg

Even that will be emotionally challenging to pull off.

After my 30mg dose I didn't want to do 5-MeO for a whole year. That's how strong it is. I still have no desire to do a 30mg dose.

At 30mg your life as a human being is over.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Perfect, thank you Leo. Exactly the advice I was looking for. 

I first started with 3 trips, 3 days in a row. I increased the doses and tried different routes of administration. I didn't get a lot out of the substance as I was just checking how my body will react and what dosages I need to use in the future.

After about two weeks, I increased the dosages and switched my RoA. And that is when I started having much deeper trips. Even on the medium dose, the experiences can be quite significant. I don't think you will want to have big trips day after day, unless you really force yourself.

Give yourself at least one week between big trips. I find that two weeks is just enough for the brain to ease off and forget a little bit about the experience. After my breakthrough I haven't touched the substance in two weeks, and only recently did a medium dose. Btw, I noticed that after my breakthrough, this following trip was much more gentle. I think once you've surrendered your Ego, it becomes easier (I might be proven wrong in the future).

Also, try to put yourself in a calm state of mind. Try to meditate and relax before you go on the trip, let whatever comes to come and let it be. 9_9

"Beyond fear, destiny awaits" - Dune

5 hours ago, universe said:

Is it safe doing it alone?

Depends on how mature you are.

I have no problem with it, but many of you might freak out too much.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

12 minutes ago, K VIL said:

@Leo Gura Im hoping i dont die trying it. Will wait 1 year.

That is precisely what you want to happen. The goal is exactly that 'you' die. That is an enlightenment Awakening. Statistically, the chances on you physically dying/not coming back, are no different from any other phycidellic, which is extremely low. If your dosages at right, and you don't do anything like mix with other medications, or have a severe heart condition, you'll be fine. But, that's just what I've read/heard.  

Some people freak out after psychedelics. They destroy their enivronment and hurt themselves unconsciously.

@K VIL I was prepared to die before 5-meo, you always have to be (from my perspective). You may be willing to stay in that state after 5-meo, if it is not "bad" trip :) and you may try to release the body. At least, I had that impression but ideas arrived about responsibility towards children and it helped me to return. Don't do it if you are scared too much of death!

Listen to your gut on when to trip, knowing that with 5-MeO-DMT there is very little tolerance build up. For me personally, Leo's schedule would be too aggressive, as I need more time in between to integrate. However, there is great value in striking the iron while it's hot, so if the vibes are right for you, go for it. 

I don't think 5mg would possibly be strong enough to induce a "freak out" but it is enough to get your toes wet and have a taste. It's a good place to start. Very good idea to work your way up in dosage to get a feel and build your confidence, and also to establish your rituals and methods around it.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

On 11/3/2018 at 9:51 PM, universe said:

If the personality is still fully constructed, it can be a rough ride. Imagine going from 100% identified with the personality construct to 0% in 5 minutes. That's like decades of deconstruction work in 5min. It can freak out the personality. Especially for solid Orange rationalists. Yet, it can give breaktrhoughs for a personality that is partially deconstructed and evolving from orange to green or tier1 to tier2.

What would be a good virgin dose of 5meo for someone familiar with full trips on other psychedelics?

10mg is fine for someone experienced. I'm talking snorted, not sure about plugged potency vs. insuffl. I think those ROAs are pretty close in strength. 

In any case it never hurts to start even lower. My first dose was 6mg or something, despite being very experienced with psychedelics. It's always good to get a sense for the full range of a psychedelic, and gain practice.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

17 minutes ago, PsiloPutty said:

What would be a good virgin dose of 5meo for someone familiar with full trips on other psychedelics?

I'd say 15mg to get a feel for the sub ego-death zone.

What I meant was more the jumping out the window kind of safety. I dont worry too much about bad trips. Then again I've never taken any dmt.

On 11/3/2018 at 10:51 PM, universe said:

I've always done it alone.

I don't think I will be able to surrender fully with somebody in the room. I will have thoughts about how this person is judging me in the back of my mind. It could be different if you have a deep connection with this person, and he or she is also into spirituality. 

Although even then, I think this is a very personal and intimate experience. It is your life's journey and the most significant insight you can have. It really feels sacred in a religious sort of way. 

At first, I was concerned with safety as well. I closed my balcony and hid sharp objects. But after a few trips, I realized that it has nothing to do with not being in control physically.  This substance does not make you mad or lower your inhibitions, nor will it give you visuals, entities or voices. It will remove your mind - sense of self, and you will merge with raw reality.

Different people have different experiences of course. In my view, it can be used safely, provided you don't start with a high dose.

Edited by Arthur

"Beyond fear, destiny awaits" - Dune