Jamie Universe

How the fuck do I deal with to much work

11 posts in this topic

So my schedule is tight, basically I'm doing non-personal development work from when I wake up to when I go to sleep. Except lunch, occasionally snack breaks, a hour or two in-between which I have to myself and spend doing low-consciousness things like TV, jerking off, or whatever.

And lately it feels like I've been going completely insane, I couldn't fall asleep to 2 Am the other night, and I feel like there's something bad inside of me, and my body starts screaming wanting to get it out, and I'm tossing and turning around trying to get it out sometimes.

My 20 minute do-nothing meditation, has been starting to get unbearable near the middle or end. I get that feeling I described above.

My hypothesis is that the amount of time of 'low-consciousness' stuff vs. doing actual work (maybe half of it is stuff I don't want to do). Is unbalanced, and my body is screaming for more low consciousness stuff. 

Maybe I should do an affirmation? I don't really understand this perfectly, maybe I should just power it through? Or is it actually unhealthy?

Leo has serious videos for you.

Edited by CreamCat

@CreamCat These videos are absolutely money. I can confirm to OP if you watch these they will help you with your problem!

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,

I make post it notes for every pending task I have, and then I organize those post it notes on separate sheets of paper which further categorize it.  Here's an example:

(1) Make all your post it notes for all your pending tasks.  One task per note.

(2) Find the categories of post it notes you have and get out a sheet of binder paper for each category.

(3) Now, tape the post it notes on each binder page where it belongs.

(4) Tape the separate binder pages to your wall.  Make sure each category has its own separate binder page.

(5) Cross off each post it note (project) as you complete it.

//

E.g.,

"Chores" (write title on binder page)

(Tape these on the page)

"Project 1:" (write project 1 on binder page) 

(tape Post it note here)

"Project 2:" (write project 2 on binder page) 

(tape Post it note here)

"Project 3:" (write project 3 on binder page) 

(tape Post it note here)

"Project 4:" (write project 4 on binder page) 

(tape Post it note here)

// 

"History Class" (write title on binder page)

(Tape these on the page)

"Project 1:" (write project 1 on binder page) 

(tape Post it note here)

"Project 2:" (write project 2 on binder page) 

(tape Post it note here)

"Project 3:" (write project 3 on binder page) 

(tape Post it note here)

"Project 4:" (write project 4 on binder page) 

(tape Post it note here)

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Success in Being isn't about accumulating more, it is about going Deep with the Fundamental.

Cut back, de-clutter, breath deep and then flow from a state of silence and presence. Just like @Shiva said.

We are all one spark, eyes full of wonder

“Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest.” 

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa 

On 10/10/2018 at 0:15 AM, Jamie Universe said:

I feel like there's something bad inside of me, and my body starts screaming wanting to get it out, and I'm tossing and turning

That's just ego backlash/resistance.

If you're doing a lot of personal dev then you should expect to feel WORSE not better. This is like lifting heavy weights at the gym. Muscle soreness is not bad, it's sorta the point.

Big change is emotionally taxing.

You must learn to console yourself in times of stress and upheaval.

But also, don't be spending all day doing personal dev. Schedule some time for R&R and fun. Your schedule needs to be sustainable in the long run.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That's just ego backlash/resistance.

If you're doing a lot of personal dev then you should expect to feel WORSE not better. This is like lifting heavy weights at the gym. Muscle soreness is not bad, it's sorta the point.

Big change is emotionally taxing.

You must learn to console yourself in times of stress and upheaval.

But also, don't be spending all day doing personal dev. Schedule some time for R&R and fun. Your schedule needs to be sustainable in the long run.

"fixed patch ego death" : "go get fun" :D alright

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sbw__MsJZ0

We know nothing, and even, I m not sure. a.V.e