Shin

EASIEST Meditation ever !

59 posts in this topic

Procrastination is a dangerous habit of yours ?

You often say to yourself "damn I had all days to do it, and it's 23 " ?

The spiritual grillfriend often act passive agressive when you skip a day ?

SAY NO MORE !!!!!

HERE IS THE NEXT REVOLUTIONNARY ULTRA MAC 9001 MEDITATION TECHNIQUE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok.

So you just wake up from a restful night.

You put your legs as if you wanted to do abs, with the arms layed down along your chest and hips.

You have your eyes open in the pitch black dark.

Now you just stay there focusing on your breath, either on your belly or your throat/nose.

VOILA !!!

You have meditated even before the day begin.

EVEN BEFORE YOU GET OUT OF YOUR BED !!!!!

How easy and practical is that !

... Of course it doesn't work if you're still tired when you wake up ... 

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin There are plenty of people who have been meditating for decades and are still not enlightened, and they have no true peace of mind. That comes from inquiry. I inquire for 2 hours daily, and it’s working!

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

24 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

@Shin There are plenty of people who have been meditating for decades and are still not enlightened, and they have no true peace of mind. That comes from inquiry. I inquire for 2 hours daily, and it’s working!

I'm not saying the contrary, just giving a way to not procrastinate.

Can work with self-inquiry too btw.

God is love

And God in them

@SoonHei I'm going to be a bit of an ass here and link to another thread where I attempted to outline autolysis (a form of self-inquiry), as I think it's as good a description as I can manage. I'll say though that if you're contemplating the same points every day, you're going nowhere

@SoonHei The Work of Byron Katie. I’m working towards enlightenment, infusion of non-duality into my daily life, full emotional mastery and peace of mind. I’m confident I’ll get there in just a year or two, given my current pace. I want to get the spiritual department settled before I can undertake my life purpose. Otherwise you’ll end up like Leo, who has been meditating for 5 full years and is still basically nowhere. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@Telepresent

But, I thought we weren't going anywhere ? ?

God is love

And God in them

@Igor82 I meant it to appear serious. Lol.  That would be the single most effective thing a person could do. Prior to ANY conditioning patterns, to immediately meditate upon waking. Give that 1 week, and life changes. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm Too subtle, too powerful, hahaa, I found your response really funny as I took Shin's post completely for granted! 

16 minutes ago, Pernani said:

Wouldnt u just fall back to sleep like that?

Not if you slept enough.

The reason I said to do a focused meditation is also there to help about that.

Some people may have problem with this for various reasons though.

One of them is that they are conditioned to sleep if they are lying on their bed (doing other things than sleeping in your bed can help, like music, reading, watching a movie/documentary).

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

@Igor82 ???

Seriously though, not really, some of the clearest greatest insights are in catching a glimpse the moment we wake and the moment we fall asleep too.  

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm Ever wake from a dream that was so real you have to question which is the true reality? Good time for a glimpse.

11 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@Nahm Ever wake from a dream that was so real you have to question which is the true reality? Good time for a glimpse.

Everyday fortunately/unfortunately ?

God is love

And God in them

@cetus56 I know you weren't asking me, but I wanted to share this... the other morning I had a series of false awakenings, at least 10 in a row. Bam, right after another. And I was lucid in each one. And I remember remarking how lifelike everything looked, and at one point was out in my back yard smelling the flowers and couldn't believe how they smelled. There was also differences though, ranging from small to large, between these dream realities and the "waking" reality. But even when it was all over and I had gotten up for the day, I kept doing reality checks because I wasn't completely sure I had truly gotten out of bed, considering that most of the false awakenings started in bed.  It was definitely a trip. Too bad the intensity of the experience has long worn off. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

3 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

@cetus56 I know you weren't asking me, but I wanted to share this... the other morning I had a series of false awakenings, at least 10 in a row. Bam, right after another. And I was lucid in each one. And I remember remarking how lifelike everything looked, and at one point was out in my back yard smelling the flowers and couldn't believe how they smelled. There was also differences though, ranging from small to large, between these dream realities and the "waking" reality. But even when it was all over and I had gotten up for the day, I kept doing reality checks because I wasn't completely sure I had truly gotten out of bed, considering that most of the false awakenings started in bed.  It was definitely a trip. Too bad the intensity of the experience has long worn off. 

Don't stop to check.

If the dream of last night is no more real than this one, then there is no difference on how to become lucid in this one too.

God is love

And God in them