Shin

EASIEST Meditation ever !

59 posts in this topic

@Shin I'm not sure. Its different. Every time I check in this one, I still have 5 fingers on each hand, but in dreams I usually have 6 or 7 very strange looking fingers. I would love to become lucid in this one but I think its a different process. 

**edit*** of course, "I think" might be the problem

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

13 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

@Shin I'm not sure. Its different. Every time I check in this one, I still have 5 fingers on each hand, but in dreams I usually have 6 or 7 very strange looking fingers. I would love to become lucid in this one but I think its a different process. 

13 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

You become lucid in a dream when you stop believing it is real.

Just stop believing it is anymore real than a dream.

That's all you have to do.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

1 minute ago, Shin said:

You become lucid in a dream when you stop believing it is real.

Just stop believing it is anymore real than a dream.

That's all you have to do.

Except to become lucid in a dream we are checking against certain constants we accept to be true in the real world  (number of fingers, how clocks work, how books work, etc.) That provides a reference of proof that it isn't real. Much harder if your entire existence has been in the dream where fingers, clocks, and books have always worked that way

@Shin I get what you are saying. I don't 100% believe its real. I've had too many "dream signs" to wake me up a bit. But its also so damn convincing. Probably if I have had a true awakening, I wouldn't be saying this right now. But right now I'm just like a zombie in the dream, with a few experiences to make me realize that I'm not a zombie,  I'm a vampire!  (hehe sorry, its a Jed Mckenna joke)

2 minutes ago, Telepresent said:

Except to become lucid in a dream we are checking against certain constants we accept to be true in the real world  (number of fingers, how clocks work, how books work, etc.) That provides a reference of proof that it isn't real. Much harder if your entire existence has been in the dream where fingers, clocks, and books have always worked that way

Yes it is way harder.

But still, it is still the same principle.

I'm not claming I'm awakened, but since a week ago, the simple curiosity of wondering if this life isn't just a dream, like for real (not intellectually) is starting to make it feel like one.

God is love

And God in them

@Telepresent Yes! this is what I've been contemplating this week.  Was almost going to start a thread on it. But I seriously don't know what they'd be... beside maybe mystical experiences one can have with meditation, yoga, etc.  Seeing ghosts maybe... experiencing psychic phenomenon.... synchronicities (which happen to me by the butt-load)

Edited by seeking_brilliance

@seeking_brilliance  The dreamer got out of bed to smell the flowers.

Are you the dreamer of it all? Or is the dream dreaming of a dreamer who got out of bed to smell the flowers?

7 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

@Telepresent Yes! this is what I've been contemplating this week.  Was almost going to start a thread on it. But I seriously don't know what they'd be... beside maybe mystical experiences one can have with meditation, yoga, etc.  Seeing ghosts maybe... experiencing psychic phenomenon.... synchronicities (which happen to me by the butt-load)

You don't need all that.

Just focus your attention on what a dream feels like, experientially.

If you can do that, you will instantly become ultra conscious and will self inquire naturally.

Then you will most likely really doubt about all this being real.

God is love

And God in them

@cetus56 well, I don't know!  It gets confusing when you have a grasp of nonduality, but in the dream of smelling flowers, I still felt like "me". You would think in this looser reality the boundaries of self would dissolve or at least be more fluid, but we still maintain a self in dreams that is at least somewhat similar to the selfs we think we are. I have been other people in dreams before though, and have witnessed things through other dream character's eyes, so in a way I suppose the boundaries of "self" are a bit loose. 

I definitely won't assume that it was in any way "my" dream, but of course there's no easy way to explain it when it felt like me experiencing it and I felt like I had choice and what-not. Just like in this reality, whatever that is. 

@seeking_brilliance Problem is you have a preset idea of what reality "should" feel / look / be like. So how can reality ever not be that? What are you comparing 'real life reality checks' against? 

@Shin it could just be a psychological barrier I have but unless I'm sitting down with a straightened back I can't focus properly for meditation. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@lmfao then I would suggest you try to meditate in any way other than with a sat, straightened back. But that's my opinion

If anybody is interested here's a short vid on the Aboriginal tale of the Dream World.

29 minutes ago, Shin said:

since a week ago, the simple curiosity of wondering if this life isn't just a dream, like for real (not intellectually) is starting to make it feel like one.

Hang on, @Shin , I don't want to be either a negative Nancy or a dismissive... Dennis?  I don't want to do either of those things. But as someone whose feelings are often led by my thoughts, I wonder that your wondering that life may be a big dream has made it start to feel like one. 

We can't trust feeling. It's not objective or true.

So how will your perspective feel if you revert, for a week or two, to thinking of it in material terms?

If it changes again, your feelings are being led by thoughts. If not, woo! They're not thought-based

The nothingness is dreaming all life into existance. Every experience that happens is the dream whether it be the waking state of the physical, sleep/dream states, altered states, ect. Break it up any way you want. It's all one dream happening within the nothingness.

@How to be wise You wanna share 1-2 samples of how your inquiry looks like? And how does the process look like - do you find new topics every day or do you process the same topics over and over again? Do you process conflicts with other people or with youself?

When I read Katies book I just thought that I have nearly no problems with other people. How to deal with that?

What's the difference between a duck?

14 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

The nothingness is dreaming all life into existance. Every experience that happens is the dream whether it be the waking state of the physical, sleep/dream states, altered states, ect. Break it up any way you want. It's all one dream happening within the nothingness.

That's lovely but I can't believe a word of it. If I do I've stalled. 

From where I'm sat, if you understand what you've said you understand I'm correct. But maybe you know more than me: if so, please expand  (really, I mean it, please!)

Why are we so obsessed with telling people what is rather than helping them find it?