Genghis Khan

I just experienced "Enlightenment"

55 posts in this topic

This is the strangest day of my life.

Today I've realized that low consciousness is the cause of all suffering. Lack of awareness is the cause of all perceived shortcomings in life. High consciousness is the key to mastering life. Realizing what I actually am was the biggest mindfuck of all time. What am I? What is reality? What is the fundamental nature of existence? The answer to these questions is so grandiose and unbelievable that my mind is going crazy trying to comprehend the implications this discovery. The universe has suddenly reached a breakthrough in it's evolution today. Now we must continue to go further.

I may be in a hysterical state of mind as I'm writing this, but I just need to talk about this. This forum is an excellent place to talk about the Truth. This is the most important endeavor we could possibly pursue. You can't live life to your fullest potential unless you are in touch with your true nature. There are two powerful forces fighting for control in this universe. The force of illusion is dulling our minds,  it's distracting us from Truth, it causes us to antagonize each other, and works to entangle us with a false narrative. The force of consciousness is working to reveal the true nature of reality, as well as encouraging acceptance and love for each other and ourselves. Most of all, the force of consciousness is behind the evolution of reality towards greater complexity. Eventually you will all realize what you are, because you can't avoid it. Ignorance cannot be sustained.

I'm still in so much disbelief over what just happened. Earlier today, on the date this thread is posted, I experienced an awakening. I can't look at life the same way anymore. When I awakened, my initial reaction was pure astonishment. The Truth is unbelievable, but also undeniable once you see it. First, I couldn't believe I was so stupid to not see something that is so incredibly obvious. The Truth has always been accessible, all I had to do was look at it. That is the funny thing about Awakening, once you realize what you actually are it becomes so obvious, so blatant, that only the most profound ignorance could prevent you from seeing it. I am actually shocked at how unconscious people are, considering the availability of quality literature on the topic, as well as countless clues hinting at non-duality. I'm actually surprised so few people actually figure this out, there's so many resources to help you awaken if you simply apply hard effort. There are actually numerous signs all over the place hinting at the Truth (including this entire website), but we never decipher them. It's a shame, because Awakening is the most important thing you should worry about. It's impossible to have any control over your life if you're not even aware of what's actually going on. If you haven't awakened yet, I urge you to do so as soon as possible.

Earlier today I was struck with an "enlightenment" experience and I wish to write about it while I am still awake. After discovering for myself exactly what "Enlightenment" refers to, I found there are many ways to describe the process of becoming conscious. I like to call it "Going Lucid", because it's very much like becoming lucid within a dream, except you are doing so in this reality. "Awakening" is a good term to use as well. Unfortunately any term will be slightly misleading and won't help you understand what it actually means to awaken. Below I'll do my best to convey what Enlightenment was like and try to accurately describe what it actually means. But first I want to point out that Enlightenment is not that hard to attain. For those of you who are still seeking "Enlightenment", it's just a matter of discovering what you already are. All you really need to do is just carefully observe reality, and you'll realize your true nature. All it takes is honest effort.
I'm going to describe what happened as best I can.

The awakening was not aroused by psychedelics or even meditation. It was desperation that aroused it. For the past couple months, I've been spending the majority of my waking hours contemplating my own existence, desperate to figure out what I am and what this reality actually is. Leo's recent videos were some of the deepest talks I've ever heard from Actualized.org. "Life is a Dream", as well as "Life is a Maze" were the two videos that hit me the hardest. Leo's words stirred something in me. It made me angry. I couldn't take it anymore. I was sick and tired of being in the dark, so I decided that I'm going to keep investigating this reality non-stop until I finally solve the mystery. I let go of everything I cared about except finding the truth. In the following weeks, I examined all the concepts Leo was discussing, and cross-referencing his ideas with other Enlightened masters, most of which I found in the Turquoise thread. I couldn't understand many of the concepts, such as an organic, intelligent, universe, or what non-duality actually meant. Whenever Leo talked about "becoming infinite" it just sounded like gibberish to me. I couldn't even understand the significance of a Samadhi experience. Suddenly all that changed in a single moment, after a certain line of thought. I was thinking to myself, "I am just a concept, and concepts are just thoughts, and thoughts are just sensations, and all of reality is sensation. That means that reality is nothing but this, the present moment. It's just this. Nothing exists but the present. But what am I? If the person I think I am is just an idea on par with any other unverified belief, then what is this? Wait a minute, could it be that I am everything? This entire reality could actually be just a creation of the mind, just as thoughts are? What if this is actually a dream, and everything and everyone is just an aspect of my mind? Wait a minute, if I actually observe reality as objectively possible, I will discover that it's the only explanation!" While considering these thoughts, it finally hit me, but it something beyond thoughts, something far more intimate.

All of the sudden everything came crashing down. I looked around the room and everything felt like it was part of me. Everything, including inanimate objects, felt alive, as one living entity. ALL IS ONE! All of us, WE'RE ALL THE SAME MIND, THE SAME PERSON! Leo's words are exactly right, the universe is one super-intelligent organism. I just couldn't believe it. It's just so damn obvious. I created Leo, I created this website, I created the entire universe. And I don't mean this person typing this created the universe, I mean that the universe is all ONE PERSON. It's ONE INTELLIGENCE, which has created this complex reality for it's own amusement. THIS IS GOD! DON'T YOU SEE? Metaphysically, this all is a dream. Don't you know what that means?! It's all created by a super intelligent mind, which is what I am, it's what you are, it's what all this is.
When I realized this, I burst out into laughter. It was the most hilarious punchline of all time. My entire life was a joke up to this point, and this was the fucking punchline. I thought about how much effort and seriousness I put into finding trying to be "enlightened" when after all, the Truth is so fucking obvious that you have to willfully distract yourself from it. It's just silly. I couldn't stop laughing at myself, at how stupid I was for not even noticing this. I just can't fucking believe how easy it was the whole time. This reality is fucking amazing, I LOVE this shit. I fucking love all of it. This reality is fucking genius!

I'm really only writing to myself. This whole website is just the universe trying to make itself more conscious. That's the trajectory of our evolution. This is only the beginning. There is still so much to do. There is still infinite knowledge and infinite wisdom to be had.

I've been spending years trying to figure out what Spiritual Enlightenment actually means, and today, it came to me at a random moment. I am trying as hard as I can to hold onto this state of consciousness, for there is still a risk of falling back asleep. Even after I gazed at the truth, despite how incredible is, I still must learn to embody it. I still have all my old habits and the same mind, the only difference is that I'm more aware of what is actually happening. Spiritual Enlightenment doesn't mean you automatically transform into a Holy Guru who has perfect control over himself. Enlightenment is the overcoming of delusion. Enlightenment is the prerequisite for genuine personal development, not the end goal. How can you properly improve yourself if you don't even know what you are?

Edited by Genghis Khan

@Leo Gura

Quote/

"Leo's words are exactly right, the universe is one super-intelligent organism. I just couldn't believe it." Unquote/

See what happened here? You are his truth, he started believing.

It's still all sinking in. Just wave after wave of pure astonishment and shock. Like an ego explosion. "Holy shit!"

We're all the same person, literally.

I'd like to add, during this experience I strongly considered the possibility of psychic phenomena. How can it not be possible? Everything is connected. The reason I say this is because after a bout of laughter my brother approached me asking what I was laughing about. I immediately began telling him that we're the same person. He was caught off guard because he never seen me speak in  such a raw and open manner. He was fascinated by what I was telling them. During this process I felt enormous energy course through my body and I felt it somehow leave my body and hit my brother and go through his body, then back to mine, and this happened repeatedly, back and forth and created a sort of super connection between two people. This phenomenon was undoubtedly triggered by the awareness that I was talking to myself.

I asked him if he felt it and he said yes. Obviously, I felt him feel it. I somehow gained the ability to actually be him just as much as I have always been me. I could feel all his emotions and somehow anticipate everything he did.

This must have been a hint of psychic phenomenon. The possibilities are endless.

Edited by Genghis Khan

"Truth is so obvious that you have to willfully distract yourself from it"

So true ???

08a.gif

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

1 hour ago, Genghis Khan said:

It's still all sinking in. Just wave after wave of pure astonishment and shock. Like an ego explosion. "Holy shit!"

We're all the same person, literally.

I'd like to add, during this experience I strongly considered the possibility of psychic phenomena. How can it not be possible? Everything is connected. The reason I say this is because after a bout of laughter my brother approached me asking what I was laughing about. I immediately began telling him that we're the same person. He was caught off guard because he never seen me speak in  such a raw and open manner. He was fascinated by what I was telling them. During this process I felt enormous energy course through my body and I felt it somehow leave my body and hit my brother and go through his body, then back to mine, and this happened repeatedly, back and forth and created a sort of super connection between two people. This phenomenon was undoubtedly triggered by the awareness that I was talking to myself.

I asked him if he felt it and he said yes. Obviously, I felt him feel it. I somehow gained the ability to actually be him just as much as I have always been me. I could feel all his emotions and somehow anticipate everything he did.

This must have been a hint of psychic phenomenon. The possibilities are endless.

Did you experienced the classic no-mind state of no voice inside your head?

"Whatsoever is on it (the earth) will perish. And The Face of your Lord Full of Majesty and Honour will remain forever❤️" Quran: Surat Ar-Rahman (The Merciful)

"We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient"?Quran: Suratal Al-baqarah (The Cow)

Meh... 

We are not the same person nor the same mind lol 

We are leaves of the same tree, that’s all.

Matt Kahn talks about the masculine and the feminine side to awakening.

What you experienced was the masculine side: All is one. But there’s the feminine one, which says that each of us has our own individuality. 

It’s very easy to use the “all is one” insight to dismiss the uniqueness of each being. In fact, some people  become assholes after so-called enlightenment experiences.

I guess true awakening is a silent thing and does not need to be told on an online forum lol, cause seriously you were sounding like Leo in that crazy episode he posted a few months ago. I have also done that in the past, and I cringe everytime I see some old posts of mine.

If I were you, I’d focus on ways to silence the mind, because yours seems to be pretty agitated tbh.

Btw - I don’t know how far you’ve explored/studied lucid dreams, but have you heard of a thing called false awakening?  

A false awakening is a vivid and convincing dream about awakening from sleep, while the dreamer in reality continues to sleep.

For more search on Wikipedia.

Edited by Gabriel Antonio

4 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

See. You can circumvent everything and delude yourself if you choose to. It's easy to circumvent all science and everything which mankind knows simply by deciding that "The brain is part of the illusion." Or "The brain is just an belief/idea/concept/whatever."

Asking what something is is circumvention? Youre putting words in my mouth, i never said the brain is an illusion. I asked you to look deeper at what the brain is. ?? Namaste ?

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Mikael89 Haha, all i have to offer is a garden gnome in a meditation posture, hope thats not too evil. 

Im not asking you to look at what the brain is from someone elses perspective, you have your own brain, use it to figure out what the brain is. :D

Edited by Rilles

@Mikael89  you may well be right. So where to for you now?

Science?

Christianity?

Edited by Barry J

2 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

I don't know.

I'm open for science, christianity, and nonduality. I'm investigating which one of those 3 are true. Why would I rule out anything since I don't know what reality is?

Cool. And what if none are true?

3 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Okay 1 sec, I just have to saw my skull open and look at my brain.

MY BRIAN HURTS!

ok im out

hope you find truth and joy wherever it takes you ??bye my dear brain

1 minute ago, Mikael89 said:

That could be the case.

Say there was no truth, just as a hypothetical, what would you do?

2 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

I don't know.

You would probably stop searching for it right?