Rachityczny

Too Embarrassed to hang my Vision Board in the room

23 posts in this topic

Hey there,

I`m 19, doing Vision Board assignement. The problem (not generally, but right now) is great, attractive girlfriend is a part of my vision. And i feel embarrassed and very insecure to put images of girls i find attractive in my room, visible place, so my family and friends see it.

I`m afraid that in their eyes i would become a pervert, sexually immature ( I am indeed) young boy who is attracted just to visuals.

How to resolve it? I feel that without at least one image of this kind this won`t be Vision Board of mine. Maybe use a symbol of femininity such as a beuatiful flower?

Thanks for any help, feeling really stuck right now... :(

Edited by Rachityczny

How about making a digital copy of your 'uncensored' vision board, and storing it on your computer? It won't be as constantly visible as a board pinned to your wall, but you can keep the full version discreetly if you are propelled to do so.

On another note, your shyness is getting in the way of attracting what you want. Pin the photo of an attractive girl with the realization that your family or friends will laugh at it or think you're immature, but don't be affected by that because you know they don't understand yet. Explain to them that the photo is a 'placeholder', and that want you truly want is a loving relationship with an attractive woman. They might be able to help you.

In my case, when I was searching for a partner, I told my friends about it. One of them actually hooked me up with a very gorgeous girl (but we didn't have any chemistry whatsoever lol). That's an example of how showing up and saying what you want actually opens up the path to attracting it in your life, providing that you can dissolve feeling shy or embarrassed.

Cheers!

I review self-help courses to find out which ones are good and not good: propelyourwealth.com

@Rachityczny

I’m not saying you should hang it, but if you can’t hang it because the of fear of what your family might say, that’s a problem. 

You have shame around your sexuality. And it’s unlikely you’ll attract any of those girls in the pictures you’re looking at as long as it’s there. You’ll unconsciously sabotage your success.

Here’s my advice: ask yourself why is it so bad if your family thinks you’re a pervert and immature? Why is it so bad if your entire family hates you? What happens?

Just stay present and allow any thoughts or feelings that might come up.

If you dont want to share whatever your vision is with others, your close family and your friends, thats ok. But realize your missing an opportunity to connect and grow by doing it :P

Everything you fear guides you to what you should do.

8 hours ago, aurum said:

@Rachityczny

I’m not saying you should hang it, but if you can’t hang it because the of fear of what your family might say, that’s a problem. 

You have shame around your sexuality. And it’s unlikely you’ll attract any of those girls in the pictures you’re looking at as long as it’s there. You’ll unconsciously sabotage your success.

Here’s my advice: ask yourself why is it so bad if your family thinks you’re a pervert and immature? Why is it so bad if your entire family hates you? What happens?

It is not easy for him living with a family or friends that their paradigm is at blue stage and conservative... ?? do you understand how hard it is? Nooo definitely not... consider where he lives .. it is his fight and journey .. and if vision board is important he can do it without his family or friend see

it is nit about sexuality.. it is about paradigm also of his friends and family.. if he lives in the family who is green well you can say that... 

you cannot say allow any thoughts or feeling because don't expect someone do the level of consciousness you have and someone who is starting.. he cannot just do that ?? he cannot see what you see in the level of his consciousness.. it will not help him...

@Rachityczny am i right? Can you do it?? Right now? 

You guys don't consider someone's stage .. you are saying some truth that is nit applicable yet to someone.. you are stuck to a Quote or  lessons you've got and now you just say that okay just do this and do that? ??? don't give someone a prescription without disecting or without checking up his own reality , what is going on really in his experience right now ?

I understand. I have had problems hanging up damn LISTS that came out of my early contemplation on life purpose while I lived with my family, because someone might read them and - the horror - ask me to justify my not-yet-born dreams. I'd probably cry at that point, because it was so emotionally charged. I was afraid they'd try to talk me into being 'rational' and 'reasonable'. Family is not always an as supportive place as we'd like it to be. I still am afraid. I'll only tell them about the finished plan, when it gets clear contours and when it's already more or less underway.

Having said that, wanting a hot girl when you're 19 doesn't sound unusual. So if you feel brave, prepare some answers and hang it up, if you don't, you don't have to.

Shyness is only a problem if you have absolutely no one to share your dreams with. I recommend you find two trusted friends with whom you can share your vision board - friends who are likely to either support you or disagree with you and hold you accountable to higher values, but who won't laugh at you and who won't tell about your innermost visions to other people. I hope you have some friends to share with - if not, maybe that's something worth adding right next to the hot girl picture.

18 hours ago, John Iverson said:

It is not easy for him living with a family or friends that their paradigm is at blue stage and conservative... ?? do you understand how hard it is? Nooo definitely not... consider where he lives .. it is his fight and journey .. and if vision board is important he can do it without his family or friend see

it is nit about sexuality.. it is about paradigm also of his friends and family.. if he lives in the family who is green well you can say that... 

you cannot say allow any thoughts or feeling because don't expect someone do the level of consciousness you have and someone who is starting.. he cannot just do that ?? he cannot see what you see in the level of his consciousness.. it will not help him...

Whose actions are you really defending right now?

Thanks guys for all your replies! I will respond to your post later this day, as I`m quite busy now. I have finished my Vision Board and I would like to share it, but I`m not sure if it is legal- I don`t know where is the border between sharing LPC content and it`s results.

If anyone knows, please let me know!

I decided to put into Vision Board a girl with beatiful face (Emily Rudd) and pic of nice ass ;)

I had to overcome fear and it was a struggle, but now I'm proud of it ;)

Today i will show it to my family, i don't think it's vulgar in any way.

I came to conclusion that's a nice compromise. 

On 19/09/2018 at 8:33 AM, denydritz said:

How about making a digital copy of your 'uncensored' vision board, and storing it on your computer? 

On another note, your shyness is getting in the way of attracting what you want. Pin the photo of an attractive girl with the realization that your family or friends will laugh at it or think you're immature, but don't be affected by that because you know they don't understand yet. Explain to them that the photo is a 'placeholder', and that want you truly want is a loving relationship with an attractive woman. They might be able to help you.

In my case, when I was searching for a partner, I told my friends about it. One of them actually hooked me up with a very gorgeous girl (but we didn't have any chemistry whatsoever lol). That's an example of how showing up and saying what you want actually opens up the path to attracting it in your life, providing that you can dissolve feeling shy or embarrassed.

Cheers!

I decided to stay with one version, to keep the vision clear.

I love the explanation of placeholder and for sure will use it.

And that's a great story about attracting what you want ;) I told my friends about my plans to find great girlfriend (to close ones with a lot of details, including my cravings), hope that happens to me too :D

On 19/09/2018 at 11:05 PM, aurum said:

@Rachityczny

Well, that's what i also think about the situation. The fact that i overcame my fear at least to some degree helps me with this issue.

And as always, mindfulness and acceptance is key to change any dysfunctional behavior ;)

Well, i love my family and don't want to be in conflict with them. First of all, they don't (directly) forbid me to do what i want, and they pay my bills. I strongly believe that i can live my way and be in great relationship with the family.

On 20/09/2018 at 3:05 AM, universe said:

If you dont want to share whatever your vision is with others, your close family and your friends, thats ok. But realize your missing an opportunity to connect and grow by doing it :P

Everything you fear guides you to what you should do.

Well, i love to share my vision, so i will do it ;)

On 20/09/2018 at 7:34 AM, John Iverson said:

@Rachityczny am i right? Can you do it?? Right now? 

You guys don't consider someone's stage .. you are saying some truth that is nit applicable yet to someone.. you are stuck to a Quote or  lessons you've got and now you just say that okay just do this and do that? ??? don't give someone a prescription without disecting or without checking up his own reality , what is going on really in his experience right now ?

Do what?? I'm not 100% sure.

My family is mainly blue, with only father starting to expose himself to stage orange personal development. But they still let me what i do, i will share my vision with them and hopefully show at least part of the way for them.

And I'm mainly orange, but after learning a lot about spiral dynamics i see other stages and want to grow into green, yellow and turquoise, so it's quite skeptic orange. Generally speaking i know what i want, what i will do, regardless what people think of me. It's mainly sexuality which I'm anxious about.

And I agree that consciousness and awareness is ultimate tool and solution, but i still need other, more tangible tools to support it.

Generally speaking, I'm quite outgoing person. You may have other impression of me after what i wrote. I sing in choir, including solo parts and enjoying self-expression more and more. I love to lead and be in the spotlight :)

It's just sexuality that i really need to develop; accept it, grow it, fulfill it and love it ;)

On 20/09/2018 at 10:42 AM, Elisabeth said:

I understand. I have had problems hanging up damn LISTS that came out of my early contemplation on life purpose while I lived with my family, because someone might read them and - the horror - ask me to justify my not-yet-born dreams. I'd probably cry at that point, because it was so emotionally charged. I was afraid they'd try to talk me into being 'rational' and 'reasonable'. Family is not always an as supportive place as we'd like it to be. I still am afraid. I'll only tell them about the finished plan, when it gets clear contours and when it's already more or less underway.

Having said that, wanting a hot girl when you're 19 doesn't sound unusual. So if you feel brave, prepare some answers and hang it up, if you don't, you don't have to.

Shyness is only a problem if you have absolutely no one to share your dreams with. I recommend you find two trusted friends with whom you can share your vision board - friends who are likely to either support you or disagree with you and hold you accountable to higher values, but who won't laugh at you and who won't tell about your innermost visions to other people. I hope you have some friends to share with - if not, maybe that's something worth adding right next to the hot girl picture.

I had a moment like this. I was so excited about the idea of life purpose, personal development etc. and told my parents i want to study psychology. That was very hard to see that they don't understand me, i felt furious and in a way betrayed- they just said it's useless, impractical and forbid me to study anything but a technological topics. Now, they're more accepting, but i will still study Computer Science.

I have one great friend with whom i share my ideas and interests very often ;)

18 hours ago, aurum said:

Whose actions are you really defending right now?

Yes, whose?

I'm also curious ;)

Cheers to all of you guys! This community is really supportive and open-minded.  Thanks a lot!

Edited by Rachityczny

3 hours ago, Rachityczny said:

they just said it's useless, impractical and forbid me to study anything but a technological topics. Now, they're more accepting, but i will still study Computer Science.

Uh-huh. I hope you're passionate about computer science too. Although I tend to agree that studying something rigorous/technical/hard is beneficial (as soft skills like psychology are easier to learn on the side), it's no good for your parents to choose your field of study. 

@Rachityczny If you meet a girl who isn't as conventionally attractive as you like but fits the bill in every other way might you sabotage this as you're looking for this stunning pin up girl? Something to be aware of. It might be worth pinning up some 6s, 7s and 8s, that way you won't feel so self conscious and you'll have more options, win win. You can just tell your family they're comedians you like or something. The truth is also that when you love a chicks personality she'll appear like a 10 to you anyway. I'm assuming your pinning up stunning hotties though, you may not be. Also I'm not saying it's impossible to find one that's perfect for you, but it's better to have wider options, just my two cents 

Edited by Wisebaxter

13 hours ago, Elisabeth said:

Uh-huh. I hope you're passionate about computer science too. Although I tend to agree that studying something rigorous/technical/hard is beneficial (as soft skills like psychology are easier to learn on the side), it's no good for your parents to choose your field of study. 

I love to learn so there is no field of knowledge I`m not interested in. I`m passionate about this field of study, but it`s not even close to Life Purpose level of passion. If anyone is curious, my Life Purpose states "To lead, explain and be responsible for people, enabling their healthy psychological change". As you can see, it`s just barely connected to Computer Science.

4 hours ago, Wisebaxter said:

@Rachityczny If you meet a girl who isn't as conventionally attractive as you like but fits the bill in every other way might you sabotage this as you're looking for this stunning pin up girl? Something to be aware of. It might be worth pinning up some 6s, 7s and 8s, that way you won't feel so self conscious and you'll have more options, win win. You can just tell your family they're comedians you like or something. The truth is also that when you love a chicks personality she'll appear like a 10 to you anyway. I'm assuming your pinning up stunning hotties though, you may not be. Also I'm not saying it's impossible to find one that's perfect for you, but it's better to have wider options, just my two cents 

Thanks for your reply. For sure, it`s a thing to be aware about. And ultimately character is much more important in a relationship- sexy ass or nice face won`t solve arguments and lead to stronger/ fuller relationship. I will keep in mind this possibility of sabotage ;)

My family has already seen the Vision Board and they were okay with that.

I would like to show it to you, but I`m concerned about revealing too much content of LPC. Once again, if anyone knows if it`s okay to do so, please let me know. @Leo Gura ???

29 minutes ago, Rachityczny said:

I love to learn so there is no field of knowledge I`m not interested in. I`m passionate about this field of study, but it`s not even close to Life Purpose level of passion. If anyone is curious, my Life Purpose states "To lead, explain and be responsible for people, enabling their healthy psychological change". As you can see, it`s just barely connected to Computer Science.

"Responsible for people", interesting. Sounds like you are interested in fields like andragogy (teaching grown-ups) or management.

If you can imagine yourself being a manager (in IT, or a big company), leading a technological startup, or something similar, it's probably ok to study IT for three years on a bachelor's level, with an emphasis on developing soft-skills on the side. IT is all pervasive today. If you wanna be a teacher or therapist find ways to go study something else :)

28 minutes ago, Rachityczny said:

I would like to show it to you, but I`m concerned about revealing too much content of LPC. Once again, if anyone knows if it`s okay to do so, please let me know. @Leo Gura ???

There's a thread where people share vision boards in the self-actualization subforum, so I'm sure it's ok.

@John Iverson I think you are slightly misusing the knowledge Leo and other teachers are giving you. He did not mention what is his family like, they might be turquoise, without him knowing actually haha. (just an example)

Inability to do action is almost always a problem, maybe you and him should see even beyond where you are right now :) 

@Rachityczny

When you see their vision boards, tell them it is beautiful, and that you support their dream. If they do not have a vision board, at least you can then understand their criticism of yours. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 22.09.2018 at 2:36 PM, Elisabeth said:

"Responsible for people", interesting. Sounds like you are interested in fields like andragogy (teaching grown-ups) or management.

If you can imagine yourself being a manager (in IT, or a big company), leading a technological startup, or something similar, it's probably ok to study IT for three years on a bachelor's level, with an emphasis on developing soft-skills on the side. IT is all pervasive today. If you wanna be a teacher or therapist find ways to go study something else :)

There's a thread where people share vision boards in the self-actualization subforum, so I'm sure it's ok.

Well, i would rather be a public speaker, but management is also field I`m interested in. "Being responsible for people" means sharing my most applicable true knowledge with them, showing them the way, being able to tell them the harsh truth, even if it isn`t easy for me or them- it`s about keeping it real.

IT is like a backup plan- If i mess up with my Life Purpose, i will have the possibility to find well-paid job in IT, accumulate some money and then give myself a second chance to realize my dreams and ambitions ;)

Thanks for info about vision boards thread!

On 22.09.2018 at 4:03 PM, Nahm said:

@Rachityczny

When you see their vision boards, tell them it is beautiful, and that you support their dream. If they do not have a vision board, at least you can then understand their criticism of yours. 

Thanks for info! It just required a simple search, next time I`ll think about it.

And that`s my Vision Board here ;)

Vision Board compact.png

If you're uncomfortable, make it look cooler.  And then you can own that shit.

Edited by TomDashingPornstar