Your place at Heart

Why Contemplating death cure all your sufferings

30 posts in this topic

I am surprised that this video is not the top of all videos. This video has cured all my self-doubts, my social anxiety, my life style that could get me closer to death but make my ending horrible rather than enjoyable with no regrets. This video gave me energy to purchase leos course and booklist. This has forced me to love myself and oh boy you gotta be kidding me with automatic posture correction and smooth walk. Yes at first my ego blacklashes haaard on this video, making binge eat, indulge in sexual behavior of masturbation and as well as approaching girls who almost METOOed the heck out of me at my college, i slept crazy, cried when I didn't cry before. I rewatched it and rewatched like 50 times and took contemplations along marcus aurellius and other sources on death. IT cured most of egotistical diseases and diet as well. I no longer fear death like I used to be. I believe if more people connected to their death, they would be the most tolerant, loving, life actualized people and fulfilled in all aspect of basic needs and desires because all their doubts and limiting beliefs will be cured and so they take action and learn.

Edited by Your place at Heart

"Whatsoever is on it (the earth) will perish. And The Face of your Lord Full of Majesty and Honour will remain forever❤️" Quran: Surat Ar-Rahman (The Merciful)

"We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient"?Quran: Suratal Al-baqarah (The Cow)

@Your place at Heart Very interesting dude. I've had this fear for years so I think I'll follow your advice and start contemplating it. I've even avoided watching that video of Leos due to fear. Hearing you talk so passionately about your results has inspired me

Happy for you. But that’s also you. People have a unique matrix of issues that require different routes involving different types of solutions. The mistake is to make blanket statements as though contemplation of ones death will do for all or even most others what it did for you. 

1 hour ago, kieranperez said:

Happy for you. But that’s also you. People have a unique matrix of issues that require different routes involving different types of solutions. The mistake is to make blanket statements as though contemplation of ones death will do for all or even most others what it did for you. 

Thank you. That's true. But from what I noticed, we avoid talking about death as society. People are narcissitic nowadays and are depressed and are lazy and procrastinating with lots of health issues is because they think they are going to live for a very long time and one day their life is going to change for better rather be aware that death can occur any moment. You can right now have sudden death. If people are aware of this very moment and also death simultaneously, they won't stress out over a job or school or not finding someone to date them or worry about what others think of you when you want to take action to do something you want to do. It will take so much crap out of your life. You will also love and appreciate yourself much more than you ever imagined and your self esteem will skyrocket. People will treat you better and love you I swear because you love yourself. Your inner flame can extend to everybody around you, your pheromones from your inner happiness. I am sure nobody will be bitch and moan and criticise and become ideological if he is aware of his death every hour of the day. After while, you get acclimated to being aware of your death and your less likely to be afraid of it

"Whatsoever is on it (the earth) will perish. And The Face of your Lord Full of Majesty and Honour will remain forever❤️" Quran: Surat Ar-Rahman (The Merciful)

"We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient"?Quran: Suratal Al-baqarah (The Cow)

@Your place at Heart think about it. It actually makes total and complete sense why people in our culture don’t for 2 basic reasons:

1. They believe death is real
  2. It threatens their survival 

It threatens their survival actual in multiple ways actually. 

• People don’t want to focus on something that which threatens their existence
  • If people realized/became conscious of how fast their life is passing, they would be demoralized, demotivated, and have an existential crisis. Why do they see this as bad and to be avoided? To preserve themselves as the fundamental lie that they are. Not saying they consciously go about this process thinking/being aware of this. It’s just unconscious to them. Anything that threatens the self-image and the actions it indentifies with in any sort of way is threat to their survival. In a very legitimate way, you could say debating a preserving ones beliefs in a heated argument is no different to trying survive when a bear is about to bitch slap you with it’s claws and kill you. 

'This place is a dream. Only a sleeper considers it real. Then death comes like dawn, and you wake up laughing at what you thought was your grief.” Rumi 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I think contemplating death is a great way to not waste your time in life. Glad you made this post to remind me :)

10 hours ago, Your place at Heart said:

I am surprised that this video is not the top of all videos. This video has cured all my self-doubts, my social anxiety, my life style that could get me closer to death but make my ending horrible rather than enjoyable with no regrets. This video gave me energy to purchase leos course and booklist. This has forced me to love myself and oh boy you gotta be kidding me with automatic posture correction and smooth walk. Yes at first my ego blacklashes haaard on this video, making binge eat, indulge in sexual behavior of masturbation and as well as approaching girls who almost METOOed the heck out of me at my college, i slept crazy, cried when I didn't cry before. I rewatched it and rewatched like 50 times and took contemplations along marcus aurellius and other sources on death. IT cured most of egotistical diseases and diet as well. I no longer fear death like I used to be. I believe if more people connected to their death, they would be the most tolerant, loving, life actualized people and fulfilled in all aspect of basic needs and desires because all their doubts and limiting beliefs will be cured and so they take action and learn.

Its one of the pillars of Buddhism I believe and its had a profound effect on my life as well.  I'll have to watch this video because I want to get a lot of insights on the power of facing death.

Memento Mori: Remember that you're gonna die. Undoubtedly one of the greatest lessons I've ever come across.

I've yet to come across a single truly self actualized and wise person who hasn't seriously contemplated with his own death and  thus have a mature relationship with his mortality.

If there is one thing that's truly ours in this world, only thing certain, it's our own physical death. Nothing can take that away from us. Where do you think all these values, search for knowledge, spirituality came from? It is all because of death, our very short finite life. If there was literally no end there would be no search for anything. Death is the full stop.

Any worthwhile adventure, search and wisdom comes from being aware of one's mortality frequently. So what does the ego or the devil need to do to ensure it's fictitious existence? Bastardize and avoid death at all cost, usually through incessantly distracting itself. And thus we got the 21st century, where everyone has opinions about everything except facing the thing that matter the most. 

Death, my bestest friend, thanks for recovering my life.

@Your place at Heart your story is inspiring and bold. Such a transformation can only come from tapping into something REAL like death. Thanks for sharing.

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Preetom  I deny death, It's an illusion, after this I m god, no matter what, this is my belief.

there was nothing before me, so why there would nothing after ? human thought

life is the middle of nowhere

if infinity = us born conscious

infinity x 2 = you again

it's just a matter of time for you to come back, but if you do not feel time in billion, it will be instant

if this made you : infinity time = you conscious

infinity time again ( billions of billiards of stars colliding on a infinity scale of time ) so you come back again, if not, why not ? 

Edited by Strikr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sbw__MsJZ0

We know nothing, and even, I m not sure. a.V.e

@Strikr

Contemplation on one's own death is for living a good life. Right now. Just for this life.

It not about speculating what happens afterwards. Who the hell knows anyway? At the end of the day, they are just our beliefs and assumptions and they probably won't make it to the other side hehe..

But while we're in this game, the only certainty is that this game is not gonna last forever. There is hardly any other thing more sobering that than.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

19 hours ago, kieranperez said:

@Your place at Heart think about it. It actually makes total and complete sense why people in our culture don’t for 2 basic reasons:

1. They believe death is real
  2. It threatens their survival 

It threatens their survival actual in multiple ways actually. 

• People don’t want to focus on something that which threatens their existence
  • If people realized/became conscious of how fast their life is passing, they would be demoralized, demotivated, and have an existential crisis. Why do they see this as bad and to be avoided? To preserve themselves as the fundamental lie that they are. Not saying they consciously go about this process thinking/being aware of this. It’s just unconscious to them. Anything that threatens the self-image and the actions it indentifies with in any sort of way is threat to their survival. In a very legitimate way, you could say debating a preserving ones beliefs in a heated argument is no different to trying survive when a bear is about to bitch slap you with it’s claws and kill you. 

True and also add to it from my experience, after telling people at my college about life purpose which most are just unaware of how they would traverse life. I told about this topic of contemplating death and most of them stopped talking to me or said they had to go do something else. Maybe their subconscious mind is programmed to fear death but from experience no ever thinks of death because people are so preoccupied with envy, lust, greed and gossip and comparing themselves to others and finally ladies and gentlemen I present to you COMPLAINING non-stop. 

I warn you guys, at first contemplating death will make ego backlash and its inevitable. You will masturbate excessively, eat excessively, you will rant excessively, your thoughts will race, your heart will hurt alittle, You want to listen to music, Sleep more, You will hate people even more. just be aware this is side effects. If you persist on be aware and conscious of your death after while, I swear to you, you will experience confidence, true self-love, you don't even have to fake your body language, You will get closer and closer to your life purpose, You will experience amazing insight, You may find your life partner faster because of the confidence gained, You can make friends and completely accept them and appreciate and approve of them without wanting to change them. You will approach people first and initiate conversations. You will become leader and will take actions because time is valuable, You will not be so lazy unless you want to give yourself some rest time. You will be minimalist in your purchase of materials and only buy materials that help you for your life purpose. Death is transition phase, and it will happen, if not now, maybe in days or months or years but it will happen no escape. Have your mid-life crisis early so that you enjoy life more. It's worse to have regrets. Most people are narcissistic and liars and deceivers and victim players because their egos think they are better than everyone else and everybody owes them and should shower them with attention and give them materials they want. Death or out of body experience can humble them and make great human beings

2 minutes ago, Your place at Heart said:

I warn you guys, at first contemplating death will make ego backlash and its inevitable. You will masturbate excessively, eat excessively, you will rant excessively, your thoughts will race, your heart will hurt alittle, You want to listen to music, Sleep more, You will hate people even more. just be aware this is side effects. If you persist on be aware and conscious of your death after while, I swear to you, you will experience confidence, true self-love, you don't even have to fake your body language, You will get closer and closer to your life purpose, You will experience amazing insight, You may find your life partner faster because of the confidence gained, You can make friends and completely accept them and appreciate and approve of them without wanting to change them. You will approach people first and initiate conversations. You will become leader and will take actions because time is valuable, You will not be so lazy unless you want to give yourself some rest time. You will be minimalist in your purchase of materials and only buy materials that help you for your life purpose. Death is transition phase, and it will happen, if not now, maybe in days or months or years but it will happen no escape. Have your mid-life crisis early so that you enjoy life more. 

image.jpg

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

14 hours ago, Hello from Russia said:

What if you don't really believe you're going to die

If you believe you won't die then Life is going to be so unpredictable to you, some days you are happy and drinking vodka and singing and beating your friends with matryoshka doll and some days  when russian ruble goes down by 80% and and money you saved in the bank, say 100,000 rubles now it worth 20,000 rubles and maybe in a week goes down by 50% more and now your 100,000 worth  actually only 10,000 rubles of purchase. You and other people in Russia will go mad and and maybe attack each other for survival rather than staying calm and understanding that's how life is. Military will kill people, Most people in power will send paramilitary groups to steal from ordinary people so that they can survive. Also not believing you are going to die, can make you lose touch with reality and rant and hate and bitch and moan and criticise and not take action toward any goal you want. You won't approach your crush, You won't clean your toilet, You won't do your life purpose work on time. You will read half a book and then stall. You will ruminate with garbage ideas.

People who are aware of their death and unpredictability of life will work toward goals and skills that can help them overcome death and help them overcome unpredictability. Developing skills of patience, physical strength, good communication, mindfuckness, surrender to destiney and calmness and working toward your goal of doing whatever you like can always make overcome the worst burdens of life, ask your ancestors how they survived worst times centuries ago so they can have you.

What if you contemplate your own death and nothing changes? I have accepted that all this will end some day and nothing really changed for me.

1 hour ago, Thanatos13 said:

What if you contemplate your own death and nothing changes? I have accepted that all this will end some day and nothing really changed for me.

This is your ego telling you to avoid contemplating your death or do the work, your just escaping through reason. How do you know that the answering one is you and not your conditioned-self who is based in fear? 

You just made a belief that nothing good will ever happen to you and it shall be your self-fulfilling prophecy. All beliefs are false, so pick the false belief that empower your false at least until you get enlightenment and discover your true-self.