Finland3286

I Can't Comprehend Non-Duality

247 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Jack River said:

I feel ya. I notice now that what I use to think of as empathy was actually a response to fear. Like I only felt empathy if I imageined my self in that certain situation. Of thought 

I would consider that as sympathy.

Empathy is extrasensory. An empathetic experience is an expression of nonduality. A form of oneness. Most of my life, I repressed my empathetic system. It was a distraction from my Orange-level pursuits. Emapthy got in the way of pursuing personal awards, grants. degrees, titles, recognition etc. 

A couple years ago, I transitioned into the Green stage and became aware of an empathy system. I’ve worked to develop this sense and I have made a lot of progress. I can receive empatheic information at times communicating with others. I’m still at a begginer stage and I can get overwhelmed at times. Like I actually experience what another is experiencing- it could be insecurity, fear, anger, joy. I actually have their experience. 

About a month ago, my friends and I were walking through a city. I made eye contact with a young homeless woman. All of a sudden I went into empathy mode and was overcome with absolute despair. I experienced the despair of her new meth addiction. I experienced depths of loneliness, having noone to turn to. It was overwhelming. Yet, I don’t want uncomfortable experiences like that to prevent me from developing empathic skills. 

16 minutes ago, Jack River said:

U mean Intuition like instinct?

Oooh no. It’s like another sense. Your eyes are tuned in to certain frequencies of light. Your hearing is tuned into a different frequency range. Intuition is tuned into a different frequencies range. 

Imagine back in evolution when we had poorly developed vision. The world appeared cloudy, we could only see poorly formed shaddows. It’s kind of feels like that with intuition. I’m still developing it.

@Jack RiverYou do not feel the state of "flow" in sports borders the "awakened" state? Muscle memory does not require any thought processes

I feel "flow" is exactly this....complete detachment from self (no fears, no objectives, detachment from outcome, and no other thoughts)  

possible in all creative activities 

20 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

I would consider that as sympathy.

Right. 

20 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

About a month ago, my friends and I were walking through a city. I made eye contact with a young homeless woman. All of a sudden I went into empathy mode and was overcome with absolute despair. I experienced the despair of her new meth addiction. I experienced depths of loneliness, having noone to turn to. It was overwhelming.

Weird man. Faceless has spoken of this a little  but he didn’t call it that. I guess he grew up outdoors and never really liked being around loud environments with a lot going on   Like a lot of people. Anyway he says he kinda feels collective sorrow or shares others feelings. Like he’s really sensitive and can feel emotionion from others. He has talked about somthing similarly but he never said it was something he developed. Kinda similar. 

Edited by Jack River

4 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

RiverYou do not feel the state of "flow" in sports borders the "awakened" state? Muscle memory does not require any thought processes

I don’t know. Without all memory of past m I would not be abele to surf or know that I like surfing. Memory, experience, repetition 

I’m pure zen when I’m surfing. I’m temporarily quite minded. But not empty or totally silent. 

7 minutes ago, Jack River said:

I don’t know. Without all memory of past m I would not be abele to surf or know that I like surfing. Memory, experience, repetition 

Just like driving or riding . My friend races dirt bikes. He has built that experience up over time. No experience no “know how”

Edited by Jack River

22 minutes ago, Jack River said:

Weird man. Faceless has spoken of this a little  but he didn’t call it that. I guess he grew up outdoors and never really liked being around loud environments with a lot going on   Like a lot of people. Anyway he says he kinda feels collective sorrow or shares others feelings. Like he’s really sensitive and can feel emotionion from others. He has talked about somthing similarly but he never said it was something he developed. Kinda similar. 

It’s not a response to something else. It’s not like feeling bad for a friend . It’s like a oneness with someone. 

One time, I met a kid with autism. We connected and I went into empathy mode. I experienced a sense of being trapped in my head. There were concepts and thoughts that wanted to be expressed but unable to be expressed. This kid was unable to express his thoughts and feelings. He was trapped. I experienced the frustration, anxiety and isolation. Meanwhile, his mother is telling me about how he has episodes of emotional outbursts and self harm. She talks about all the tests he has undergone and that the doctors are still trying to fugure it out. She yabbers on about some theory while I’m experiencing strong anxiety of being trapped in my head, just like this kid. I knew what he was going through and why he acted out like he did. I wanted to act the same way.

4 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

It’s not a response to something else. It’s not like feeling bad for a friend . It’s like a oneness with someone. 

No he said it’s “feeling”. I think it’s What he meant by collective sorrow. 

Edited by Jack River

11 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Joseph Maynor@Feel Good  Haven’t read any of this, but learning a lot here, and just wanted to say thank you to you guys. I hope you have a great day! 

I think my expiration date on the Forum is near.  I want the life back that I wasted responding to this post.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

To him there is the body. Not anyone’s in particular. Some more sensitive to the collective 

Edited by Jack River

20 minutes ago, Feel Good said:

You don't come across enlightened. You actually sound very attached to your believes. 

Why do the moderators let you get away with trolling everybody on here?  That’s the real question. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

15 minutes ago, Jack River said:

i know this flow. I would say it’s concentrated attention/thought. 

I have heard enlightened people speak of it like Tolle. And I have "experienced" it. Possibly it takes many hours of practice to reach the pure state. Not only am i detached from identity/thought-self, but become an observer of my body. Understanding I am one with everyone else participating in my sport. 

As a surfer I would imagine it would be you and the ocean/wave being one, one and the same

Once thoughts interrupt this "flow" state, It is very easy to lose it completely 

3 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

have heard enlightened people speak of it like Tolle. And I have "experienced" it. Possibly it takes many hours of practice to reach the pure state

Or maybe the opposite. 

4 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

As a surfer I would imagine it would be you and the ocean/wave being one, one and the same

Yeah kinda. But that one day after surfing just sitting in the water I did feel that. Just the whole with no separation 

3 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

Once thoughts interrupt this "flow" state, It is very easy to lose it completely 

Fosho. That’s when I eat shit. Lol 

i consider this flow state not as deep as when I’m just sitting and chill. The flow state is daily for me. But yeah I always mess up when I thinking comes in xD

Just now, Jack River said:

Or maybe the opposite. 

perhaps, what is so common in learning new skills is very subtle fear

Wouldn't it be something to see a fully enlightened individual perform a sport to perfection without any practice xD

3 minutes ago, Jack River said:

i consider this flow state not as deep as when I’m just sitting and chill. The flow state is daily for me. But yeah I always mess up when I thinking comes in xD

Ha yeah! I have played soccer my entire life and developed such an ego from it I had to quit at one point. I did break through this mental block and have been experimenting with this "flow" state every since. 

What is interesting is I have started questioning my intentions before deciding to play in any particular soccer game. If my mind is not right it is pointless to go participate 

29 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

One time, I met a kid with autism. We connected and I went into empathy mode. I experienced a sense of being trapped in my head. There were concepts and thoughts that wanted to be expressed but unable to be expressed. This kid was unable to express his thoughts and feelings. He was trapped. I experienced the frustration, anxiety and isolation. Meanwhile, his mother is telling me about how he has episodes of emotional outbursts and self harm. She talks about all the tests he has undergone and that the doctors are still trying to fugure it out. She yabbers on about some theory while I’m experiencing strong anxiety of being trapped in my head, just like this kid. I knew what he was going through and why he acted out like he did. I wanted to act the same way.

Fosho dude. You were receptive to that collective feeeling. Cool