Finland3286

I Can't Comprehend Non-Duality

247 posts in this topic

On 9/6/2018 at 3:26 PM, Leo Gura said:

@Finland3286 Watch my video: Guided Self Inquiry: Neti Neti Method.

You are a thought.

It is possible to stop thinking this thought. If you succeed in doing so, you will die. And that is nonduality. When you realize your birth was just an idea. What remains after your death is a nondual field of pure consciousness. You become the entire universe.

The truth is, you have always been the entire universe. But you've managed to convince yourself otherwise with stories.

Awakening is not an idea. And it is way more radical than lucid dreaming. It is a radical change in your perceptual system.

See all my videos about enlightenment. There is an enlightenment category on my website.

Ok, so I took Leo's advice about the Neti Neti method to find your true self. In the video Leo talks about how you must be a constant thing. I really didn't understand why you must be a constant at first and I began questioning why this must be the case. After thinking about it I think it's because if you thought you were the thought saying "I'm me here I am dummy!" that would not be you because you are not always present like Leo said. If this is the case then you would cease to exist as it is not a constant present thing (I hope this makes sense and I hope i'm on the right track here).

So if this would demonstrate that you must be a constant thing then anything that changes must not be you as that would not be a constant. As Leo says in the video things like sight and experience as well as feeling is not constant because they change so therefore they are not you. So essentially you are figuring out what you are through a process of elimination. At the end of the video Leo says that you should try right now and grasp what you are and I felt this kind of like throbbing feeling in my head. When this was occurring I also looked at my ceiling and I saw it warping and I was thinking to myself "Is this it?". Then Leo says that it's Ok if you did not have a direct experience with this as he said he has done thousands of hours of this work and only had one experience. Then I begin to think that well it probably didn't happen because if Leo only had one experience from his thousands of hours put into this practice then I probably did not find what is the true self. Then Leo says as long as you take this as an idea or belief you are back where you started. Leo goes onto say that if you practice this enough eventually your brain will just give up and stop associating the true self with the things that are not constants. Then I'm suddenly smacked in the face and I understand that me feeling the throbbing in my head and the warping of the ceiling is just an association and an attempt to grasp onto something which is not your true self as these are not constants. This was very eye opening for me. 

Why am I so differently wired? Am I a martian?

What kind of twisted experiment am I involved in?

Because I don't belong in this world. -Eminem

@Feel Good Thank you! Nailed it. Very good advice what you last wrote. But Joseph will you listen?

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

You know I didn’t really expect the subtle attack when I signed up on the forum. I thought It would be a pretty unbiased atmosphere. Got to say it has been a little rough lately dudes. Has it always been day if the dog environment in the forum?o.Oreminds me of elementary school sometimes

Edited by Jack River

@Jack River Deep down, it’s insecurity that drives defensiveness and personal attacks. It’s uncomfortable to look at.

5 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Deep down, it’s insecurity that drives defensiveness and personal attacks

Fear, defend, attack. You got it dude. 

5 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

It’s uncomfortable to look at.

Yeah man. Didn’t expect it here. It’s ok though. Maybe the unafraid will balance it out?

Edited by Jack River

4 hours ago, sgn said:

@Feel Good Thank you! Nailed it. Very good advice what you last wrote. But Joseph will you listen?

Yeah.  I'm realizing that being on the Forum is a huge distraction to me and a source of pointless suffering to me now.  I do feel like I'm back on the schoolyard at times.  But that's my issue.  None of this jibber-jabber matters to me at all.  It's just a waste of my time and my life frankly.  My Personal Development is running its own course now and has nothing to do with any of you.  To the extent that any of my content is beneficial to you, take it.  If not, crumple it up and throw it away.  None of it matters to you, since all of you are Me.  If that doesn't resonate with you, I'm sorry.  Anything I say to any of you from this point forward is gonna be a blow to your Ego and will thus not likely be taken well.  That's a sign for me to shift gears in my Personal Development work from on here to off here, that much has been clear to me for some time now.  To the extent I was able to offer a unique voice to the conversation that helped someone on here, I'm proud of that.  At the end of the day, I'm the biggest beneficiary of any help I was able to provide since I'm basically just talking to myself.  This will be my last Forum post outside of my Journal.  I've got better things to do with my time.  My life is going well right now.  There's plenty of things to do -- one of the most important of which is for me to do nothing at all and just BE.  Don't take this as a personal slight, it's just that I'm wading around neck-deep in Maya unnecessarily which is my issue.  Why am I doing that?  I guess I wanted to make sure I learned everything I could on here before leaving.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Id resume you in the easiest way to understand.

The relation subject-object you-this, this dual relation (duality) is a mental trick, a illusion like the mirages on the desert when you are thirsty.

When you overcome this mental effect by meditation or certaing drigs you realize that you are everything.

45 minutes ago, Jack River said:

Yeah man. Didn’t expect it here. It’s ok though. Maybe the unafraid will balance it out?

A lot of people that come here are suffering. Some come for relief, others come to act out and get attention, and others come to self actualize.

I hope the average consciousness on the forum is high enough to pull people up. Yet, sometimes I see more experienced members get triggered and engage in conflict with those less experienced. I’ve need to be aware, so I don’t do it.

There is work involved, yet without some fun people won’t stick around for the long haul.

1 minute ago, Serotoninluv said:

A lot of people that come here are suffering. Some come for relief, others come to act out and get attention, and others come to self actualize.

I hope the average consciousness on the forum is high enough to pull people up. Yet, I sometimes I see more experienced members get triggered and engage in conflict with those less experienced. I’ve need to be aware, so I don’t do it.

There is work involved, yet without some fun people won’t stick around for the long haul.

I feel ya my man. I with you there?

It took me a while to fully appreciate this video, but I get it now 100%.  The day you grok this video not just intellectually but theough keen Awareness with be a game-changer for you.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Finland3286 to explain and conceptualise non-duality is, for the most part, to sell snakes oil in the sense that reality isn't a concept. This is why discussing non-duality is such a pain. The problem of communicating is two fold. First of all, there is always a problem in putting your experience into words which you yourself can recognise. And second of all because non-dual experience are so unlike anything else, even after you have put something into words the same sentence will have a different meaning in different people's minds. What I mean is probably 99% different from what you think I mean. I'm using the word "meaning" to represent the sum of images, words, connotations, intuitions we have about something. These two points aside, the main point is that non-duality can't be conceptualised and so I'm created a paradox by typing this. To quote Alan Watts :

“There is a Zen poem that talks about ‘IT,’ meaning the mystical experience, satori, the realization that you are, as Jesus was, the eternal energy of the universe. The poem says, ‘You cannot catch hold of it, nor can you get rid of it. In not being able to get it, you get it. When you speak, it is silent. When you are silent, it speaks.’ "

And so when it comes to non-duality, focus on the consciousness work and read theory which encourages your awareness to be open minded about your entire experience. To not understand reality is sort of the point. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

9 hours ago, Feel Good said:

There is only one truth realization, but it is subjective and can happen at any level development! 

Plus there are also shadow delusions to take care of. If you realize truth with a shadow delusion (which can be more complex at 2nd tier) you extend your shadow to infinity. You become one with your own bs.

So enlightenment is not one thing, it's a moving target, and it comes I  many shapes and forms.

You can be "enlightened" at blue and that will be your subjective reality. But you can also be "enlightened" at green and have a totally different experience.

I think what Joseph has done is had a few glimpses, but because he is at blue he has a ton of shadow issues and only comprehend his reality in black and white concrete operational ways.

Truth realisation is not subjective. Truth is impersonal. Absolute truth is not bound by personality structure. I agree that some shadow issues will still remain, as personality structure is transcended not removed.

Enlightenment can reduce your shadow issues, but it won't increase them. Enlightenment doesn't come in many shape or forms, again, to say that would be to say there are more than one absolute truths; that is ridiculous. It is personality structure which varies from person to person.

This is just my personal opinion, but I don't think tier 1 people can achieve proper enlightenment. Personality structure has to be mature enough to see it's falseness.

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

2 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

It took me a while to fully appreciate this video, but I get it now 100%.  The day you grok this video not just intellectually but theough keen Awareness with be a game-changer for you.

Never really got the whole point of the video. Maybe I still don't understand the meaning of the word untenable lol. Imo criticism in the end is meaningless, because, in the end it's dualistic. Sometimes, criticism is not the way to go, sometimes being right doesn't matter. It depends where criticism comes from, is it from a place of being right, or a place of expressing your ideas that could help somebody. As long as the content is challenged properly and in some cases criticism being constructive, it can lead to growth of both the parties.

There's Only One Truth!

1 hour ago, Saumaya said:

Never really got the whole point of the video. Maybe I still don't understand the meaning of the word untenable lol. Imo criticism in the end is meaningless, because, in the end it's dualistic. Sometimes, criticism is not the way to go, sometimes being right doesn't matter. It depends where criticism comes from, is it from a place of being right, or a place of expressing your ideas that could help somebody. As long as the content is challenged properly and in some cases criticism being constructive, it can lead to growth of both the parties.

I don’t agree with how Leo put the meat on the bones in a lot of what he says in the video, but I agree with his conclusion because all criticism is just my Experience fighting itself.  Here’s a Journal post I wrote to explain in more detail.

WHY IS ALL CRITICISM UNTENABLE? — REFERENCING LEO’S VIDEO OF THE SAME TITLE

Because all criticism is just my illusory Experience fighting itself.  All criticism is happening inside my Consciousness in my illusory Thought and  Experience.  So, to engage with criticism at all is a Lure into Maya a.k.a. a Lure into Thought and Experience.  What I am as ‘God Awareness’ looks down on and through all illusory Thought and Experience.  Therefore to engage in criticism at all is to forget my true Self.  Sure criticism will happen, but I don’t need to cling to it, take it personally, or lose myself in it.  All criticism is basically a distraction, a Lure into embedding my Awareness within illusory Thought and Experience.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

20 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

So, to engage with criticism at all is a Lure into Maya a.k.a. a Lure into Thought and Experience.

So to engage with criticism is clinging to identification with thought right. Identification meaning attachment to what is known. Right?

21 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I don’t agree with how Leo put the meat on the bones in a lot of what he says in the video, but I agree with his conclusion because all criticism is just my Experience fighting itself.  Here’s a Journal post I wrote to explain in more detail.

WHY IS ALL CRITICISM UNTENABLE? — REFERENCING LEO’S VIDEO OF THE SAME TITLE

Because it’s just my Experience fighting itself.  All criticism is happing inside my Consciousness in my illusory Thought and  Experience.  So, to engage with criticism at all is a Lure into Maya a.k.a. a Lure into Thought and Experience.  What I am as ‘God Awareness’ looks down on and through all illusory Thought and Experience.  Therefore to engage in criticism at all is to forget my true Self.  Sure criticism will happen, but I don’t need to cling to it, take it personally, or lose myself in it.  All criticism is basically a distraction, a Lure into embedding my Awareness within illusory Thought and Experience.

I agree, I guess criticism can be necessary sometimes but it's best not to get lost in it too much, losing what we originally were meant to criticize. Criticism gives rise to thesis and anthises which leads to synthesis. That's the only thing it's good for

There's Only One Truth!

2 minutes ago, Saumaya said:

I agree, I guess criticism can be necessary sometimes but it's best not to get lost in it too much, losing what we originally were meant to criticize. Criticism gives rise to thesis and anthises which leads to synthesis. That's the only thing it's good for

To determine correct or incorrect information? Because anyone can have incorrect info right dude? 

Edited by Jack River

Like to communicate. If there is identification with certain information then the communication is corrupted. Fear forming a barrier in communicating. That what are saying @Saumaya?

2 minutes ago, Jack River said:

To determine correct or incorrect information? Because anyone can have incorrect info right dude? 

Maybe. What I meant is, criticism, can lead to synthesis of two different perspectives. In the end it comes down why someone is critising. As I said, being right doesn't matter, and, that is like experience fighting itself as Joseph said.

There's Only One Truth!

logic has its use but intellectual pride is a curse.

the avatar of the smart/high consciousness/enlightened one is a huge trap.

this is why true humility of heart is so rare.

unborn Truth