brugluiz

I like some Leo's ideas, but I still feel he's shady

93 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

It’s a good video and Leo seems to be a decent bloke with good ideas. So many trash talkers on here that think they know better. Makes me lol

@Strikr You can't see infinite moves ahead unlike the all mind can. You are how you are intentionally. Everything we do and how we act are entirely as planned.

"I am God" isn't entirely accurate. There is absolute truth and relative truth. Beware of half truths! Is the leg of a chair the chair? No it is a component of the chair. You being a mental creation of God (or rather mind) makes you a part of God but not God as a whole. You are a subset of God of sorts.

A quote from the kyballion:

"To take a modern example, let us say that Othello, Iago, Hamlet, Lear, Richard III, existed merely in the mind of Shakespeare, at the time of their conception or creation. And yet, Shakespeare also existed within each of these characters, giving them their vitality, spirit, and action. Whose is the “spirit” of the characters that we know as Micawber, Oliver Twist Uriah Heep–is it Dickens, or have each of -these characters a personal spirit, independent of their creator? Have the Venus of Medici, the Sistine Madonna, the Appollo Belvidere, spirits and reality of their own, or do they represent the spiritual and mental power of their creators? The Law of Paradox explains that both propositions are true, viewed from the proper viewpoints. Micawber is both Micawber, and yet Dickens. And, again, while Micawber may be said to be Dickens, yet Dickens is not identical with Micawber. Man, like Micawber, may exclaim: “The Spirit of my Creator is inherent within me–and yet I am not HE!” How different this from the shocking half-truth so vociferously announced by certain of the half-wise, who fill the air with their raucous cries of: “I Am God!” Imagine poor Micawber, or the sneaky Uriah Heep, crying: “I Am Dickens”; or some of the lowly clods in one of Shakespeare's plays, grandiloquently announcing that: “I Am Shakespeare!” THE ALL is in the earth-worm, and yet the earth-worm is far from being THE ALL."

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, Nahm said:

Please be careful with name calling too :)

??

This is very interesting Nahm, because the other day "Feel Good" reported one of my posts where I said that he has a "big ass ego" (and he does) and was given 2 points for "name calling".

Shouldn't he get 2 points also? Or should I have had a warning, like you are giving him?

So, maybe my 2 points should be removed from my account? 

Fair is fair, right?

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

What does ‘shady’ even mean?  What a slippery word that is.  Maybe ‘shady’ just means ‘I don’t like it and not I now need to pin a word to it to make it sound somewhat objective’.  My meal is shady.  My bank account is shady.  My life is shady.  My face is shady!  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

21 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

What does ‘shady’ even mean?  What a slippery word that is.  Maybe ‘shady’ just means ‘I don’t like it and not I now need to pin a word to it to make it sound somewhat objective’.  My meal is shady.  My bank account is shady.  My like is shady.  My face is shady!  

Good point. I always saw shady as having some kind of bad intent but being hard and subtle to pick up that intent or acting in such a way where subtle tendencies can give off the idea of negative intent.

I can resonate with all of you. I started killing my sense of self since I started leos videos and backlashes were hard on me. I started to become extra-horny, sleepy, angry, crazy......for two years until I lost many parts of my old self which made me extremely lonely and not know myself anymore, evading people, however as leo got deeper and deeper I started understanding him more and more and realized what he was saying is what every religion at its core and every mystical tradition essentially. Plus, I started to read more and more about love and epistemology. I think I made new ego with alot of positive sides to it. I started becoming more and more sympathetic to people. I read chimpanzee politics, apes in us, 48 laws of power, strategies of war, people skills, les giblin book, black face black heart, how to win friends and influence, how to destroy your enemies completely or manipulate them by mikhael saad. I started interacting more, I understood how people behave and why people behave this way. I no longer get disguested or repulsed or get angered by what people do or believe. I just feel more curious and amazed each time it becomes hilarious. I started to incorporate completely surrender to the supreme consciousness as ultimate guide in my life, I incorporated that negativity and positivity are same faces of the same coin and are essentials. Good and evil are essential part of life. Adversity is a must to understand propserity. I just completely surrrrrrrender to the moment. I learned about my Shadow sides, I slowly incorporating it. I am re-watching leos most depressing video, contemplating death to be motivated for life, this is the most gem of all his videos, it grows me each time and make love life and people and their pity cheese-chasing pathetic-ness even more. I just love leo so much. He is the best thing that happend to me. Yes sometime his videos feel lonely but heck I am growing more and more. Loneliness is just temporary, but rewards are immense if you guys stick to growing yourselves. Have your mid-life crisis earlier so that you don't have major ones later when regret becoming haunting. eliminate your regrets earlier. suffer early and you will enjoy later.

Edited by Your place at Heart

"Whatsoever is on it (the earth) will perish. And The Face of your Lord Full of Majesty and Honour will remain forever❤️" Quran: Surat Ar-Rahman (The Merciful)

"We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient"?Quran: Suratal Al-baqarah (The Cow)

On 8/29/2018 at 3:57 PM, deadforever said:

I'm not denying that. Sorry to say you seem very condescending. In his last video he said that I need to read at least 300 hundred very, very important books. Hardcore technical books. Everything is relative. And books is just people talking in letters, just like this forum. There are different ways to relate to people. And fiction books can be just or even more important to some. 

Anyone can only prescribe the techniques that have worked for them. For Leo, that may have meant reading hundreds of books. For others pursing enlightenment, perhaps not. For example, some people attain enlightenment experiences after years of dedicated practice and meditation while others attain it seemingly randomly without ever meditating. Leo mentioned in his video on mazes that everyone's maze is different. Reading 300 books may have been integral in solving his maze, but that doesn't mean the same is true for yours.

The most important component Leo of Actualized.org is missing IMO is real life community, and especially tripping, dancing, and interacting together with other people. We all need to trip together just like in the good old days....

Journal of Jesus Christ - https://journalofjesuschrist.com

On 8/27/2018 at 4:34 AM, Feel Good said:

@brugluiz

Thanks for raising this concern.

My intuition tells me that Leo has cut himself off from the outside world and that kind of thing can show up in study related areas.

This work should be balanced with a life / meditation / practical application.

I would love for Leo to shoot a video of a day in the life of Leo Gura so we can see how his personal development is being applied in his life. 

LOL Leo said his lifestyle would look extremely boring if he made a video like that.

Journal of Jesus Christ - https://journalofjesuschrist.com

On 8/27/2018 at 0:41 AM, brugluiz said:

The happiest moments I had in my life I was sharing with other people, helping them, and having fun with them.

On 8/27/2018 at 0:41 AM, brugluiz said:

I would describe the videos this way: they lack happiness.

You are excited about a list of places that you want to visit in the dream. Leo is asking you to wake up from the dream. 

Of course this won't feel good! And it won't make the character in the dream happy. Because the character in the dream will die if it wakes up.

21 minutes ago, Brittany said:

You are excited about a list of places that you want to visit in the dream. Leo is asking you to wake up from the dream. 

Of course this won't feel good! And it won't make the character in the dream happy. Because the character in the dream will die if it wakes up.

Maybe I have already woken up, but, at this moment, I'm too much attached to my ego due to the medicines I'm taking.

And yeah, it's possible to wake up with no psychedelics.

On 8/27/2018 at 11:47 PM, Feel Good said:

If it didn't then you wouldn't be seeking it. If truth didn't manifest as something specific in the manifest realm then there is no point.

there is no point.

there

is

no

point

Glad we managed to come to an agreement. 

@brugluiz

Hey brugluiz! I stumbled upon this old post just yesterday; I want to thank you for sharing your sincere thoughts and the great thread it generated. Had a couple of good laughs and face palms, all in good nature. And it's funny because you aren't really asking anything, just sharing an honest point of view!
In turn, I'll share some quick thoughts: I watched many of Leo's vids and the info he provides is amazingly clear and concise. There is also an honesty element I appreciate. The way I see it, the channel offers information in a certain format that is meant to reach an audience receptive to said format -kind of like our language can only ever reach those who know it. The intended message is one thing, the delivery may or may not match said intention. In any case, I share in the lonely feeling you perceive; at the same time, I come to these vids for what they do offer. 
Good day! :)

@Mafortu  lmao! totally!