brugluiz

I like some Leo's ideas, but I still feel he's shady

93 posts in this topic

Leo's videos are like doing mountain climbing. Until you've conquered Mt Everest, there will always be a "bigger fish to fry" no matter what you have climbed so far. But you could simply decide to climb all 5K Alpine hills and be completely fine with it even though you haven't gone to the highest peaks. 

I'm finding actualized.org the same. There is information for you to become great at picking girls, successful at starting a business, being able to manage your finances, raise a conscious child, being proactive at your work or leaving your crappy job for something you think is meaningful. You don't have to go all in toward Enlightenment and most of us never will despite listening to all these videos. 

You can consciously decide to be happy with being successful in your corporate career even though there is way more for you out there if you wished to pursue it. And if no, that's fine.

Lot of the content you may find "cold" and lacking softness because that's just the way these topics are. The facts and tips are laid down for you and if that's too scary, then maybe you are not ready for those topics yet, which is my case for example. If so, go back to the older videos and come back in couple years, perhaps you will be more wise by then, and maybe not but that's still ok :)

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

44 minutes ago, Feel Good said:

Like, dude, are you for real? 

The problem with mentally ill people is that they don't see that they are mentally ill.

You're trying to tell me that my discernment at being able to spot a mentally ill person who believes that they are an "enligtenment teacher" who writes thousands of pages of absolute menaningless inchoherent contradictory garbage that is of no use to anyone, is a folly?

We know what enlightenment looks like. Enlightened people are not needy nor do they defend or try to force their shit on us. 

With statement like the one your just said prove you yourself maybe not far off from being a few sandwiches short of a picknick as well! 

Wow.  You’re here because you want to be Enlightened, but you’re very far from it.  That’s you.  I would suggest maybe another hobby.  What else are you into?  Look into exploring that.  You get pretty mean when you feel like you’ve been criticized in any way.  Even the slightest criticism sends you into madman mode.  Why is that?  Is that how an Enlightened person behaves?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

47 minutes ago, Feel Good said:

The problem with mentally ill people is that they don't see that they are mentally ill.

That is precisely my point. Read my previous reply again.
Are all psychiatrists mentally healthy by definition?
Who is there to tell them that they are mentally ill? Other psychiatrists?
Would a mentally ill psychiatrist admit to himself that he has a problem?

You're trying to tell me that my discernment at being able to spot a mentally ill person who believes that they are an "enligtenment teacher" who writes thousands of pages of absolute menaningless inchoherent contradictory garbage that is of no use to anyone, is a folly?

Yes.

We know what enlightenment looks like. Enlightened people are not needy nor do they defend or try to force their shit on us. 

Both of these judgments fall flat on their face once the possibility of your own mental illness is open.
It is all you, judging others to be mentally ill by your (possibly - I'm not here to judge you) ill standards of mental health.

With statement like the one your just said prove you yourself maybe not far off from being a few sandwiches short of a picknick as well! 

What if I told you that the possibility of my mental illness is left open to me?
Wouldn't it actually make me healthier than the one that is perfectly convinced of his good mental health?
After all:

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

3 minutes ago, Feel Good said:

Mind games smokecreens and shuffling words around to fit your bs worldview. 

What about your worldview?  To me your worldview seems kinda out of balance, at least as evidenced by your conduct.  How old are you?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Mind games smokecreens and shuffling words around to fit your bs worldview. 

Yeah, I know that it's really difficult to look into the mirror.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

2 minutes ago, Feel Good said:

Im not claiming to be enlightened.

You're holding me to a standard that I don't claim to be at ~ which is absurd.

The fact that you think healthy discernment is madman mode is a testament to how mentally ill you really are. 

There you go.  First find out what Enlightenment is and then come tell us about it.

5 minutes ago, Feel Good said:

You're needy and aggressive and manipulative and you're a con man who is mentally ill

Thank you for reminding me of that.
I wonder how do you read my emotions through the monitor. Is it because of the lack of ":x"?
Or is it perhaps because of your own emotions?

2 minutes ago, tsuki said:

Thank you for reminding me of that.
I wonder how do you read my emotions through the monitor. Is it because of the lack of ":x"?
Or is it perhaps because of your own emotions?

Leo’s video on Shadow Work is so long overdue.  Seriously, I can’t believe he’s waited so long to do a video on Shadow Work.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

6 minutes ago, Feel Good said:

Shadow work my ass. You're just using more concepts to try to shift blame.

If you did shadow work you would not be demonstrating mentally ill behaviours on here or claiming your enlightened.

You would not be posting pages upon pages of inchoherent nonsense and fighting with anyone who questions you. 

You will be chilled 

You’re only fighting yourself — that’s what you don’t grok yet.  It’s ok, not many people do.  But one day you might see it.  And when you do, that will change everything for you.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

6 minutes ago, Feel Good said:

The fact that you are even here tells us all you're a bs artist who needs this forum. 

Yet again, it's difficult to look into the mirror.

10 minutes ago, Feel Good said:

I'm looking at you responding and an enlightened person would  it respond or try to change me or my view in any way. 

An enlightened person would know that it is impossible to force anything on you because he had tried that and failed.
That understanding comes about only through very deep understanding of the Ego.
You are mistakenly thinking that this conversation is about you learning anything.
Yes, I am needy.

Why are you here?

Read the signature. To learn what Ego is.

To show off how clever you are with your non dual arguments that scream of show off egotistical insecurity?

Anything more specific?

If you were actually enlightened you would not even be here. 

And do what, exactly? Any place is as good as this one.
I gotta re-watch the Leo's video on Zen devilry. I remember that it had a big impact on me.

12 minutes ago, Feel Good said:

This is what I mean. 

A enlightened person would say no such thing. Unless I asked.

What you are doing is pushing your personal insights onto people with absolutely no interest or care about their actual welfare.

And you're doing it in a needy, aggressive, and pushy way that just reinforces how innefective you are and how much you are wasting your time posing as an enligjtenment teacher.

We need to find better teachers than these people guys because they just here for themselves.

The only person that exists is you.  You’re the only thing that can become Enlightened.  There is no other.  What’s happening is your Awareness is stuck in Maya and wants to get free but doesn’t quite yet have the experience to do that.  I can see myself in you as well.  This is where compassion is born in me.  That’s the kind of suffering that goes away post-Enlightenment.  And man is that a relief.  You’re no longer gonna be cutting off your nose to spite your face post-Enlightenment.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

It depends what you project onto his videos. I think people who might think similar to him will vibe more with what he puts out while there will be other truth seekers that don't. His videos are good for sort of a logical understanding about a lot of these concepts and I find that they provide inspiration to continue this work. I wouldn't take everything he says so seriously. There are lots of contradictions in his videos but that's life in general. You don't even have to watch everything he puts out or consume every bit of information. You can make great progress just knowing how to meditate and deriving these truths for yourself. He isn't a dogmatic leader or some guru who if you follow will lead you to enlightenment. He stresses the same points as other seekers and teachers of wisdom, independence, love, acceptance, hard work, etc. 

@Toby Thank you.

Impressive!

Tzuki and Jospeh, You seem very healthy and balanced. It makes my heart sing. 

Feel good, you feel better after letting go?

@Feel Good I believe in you. I think you’re doing great. Don’t give up.  You’re breaking eggs man. Got to be done. It’s not easy, so most people don’t - but so it’s worth it.

Please be careful with name calling too :)

??

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

3 hours ago, Feel Good said:

Not really at the moment. Still dealing with the "being punished for things I didn't do" realization

:(

Still, letting go of solving problem solves a lot of problem !

You really impress me.

Cosmic love brother ??☀️