Stoica Doru

The ego needs to be integrated, not destroyed

20 posts in this topic

You have to admit that the ego is one of the Creation's greatest pieces of art. Without it, we couldn't function like we're used to, nor incarnate with the purpose of experiencing ourselves in a persona.
The ego is most commonly referred to as the lower self, whereas the intuitive part of ourselves, the divine, it's referenced to as the higher self. Ying and yang teaches us that in order to have a healthy harmony we need to take as part of ourselves even the shadow, hence the low councious aspects of our being.
Starting a crusade against some of our less appealing sides will eventually cause fragmentation, a split in our essence and being, which will translate into a depersonalizing kind of spirituality.
The ego is NOT the problem. The only problem we could possibly have on the spiritual journey is the decrease of the rate which measures how much we love ourselves in every aspect, shape or form.

Stop holding the idea that there's a burglar inside you, a persecutor that it's against your growth. If there's such an entity claiming that it's against you, it only comes a challenge that begs you to subtly destroy it with your unconditional love. You can't fully be astonished by all is One, unless you take every possible aspect of you as a friend, not as an enemy. 5-MEO-DMT and other tools won't teach you to do this. Like all the solid results, you need very hard commitment, as loving is sometimes harder than hating, especially when it comes to ourselves. 

Meditation teaches us, among other things, like observation, that self-love is the wisest thing we could possibly do, because if we nurture love within ourselves we'll have a lot to give to others that think are separate. 

Ain't it funny how men think?

They made the bomb, they are extinct.

I agree the ego is necessary to survive. But the problem is , in most people, they EGO takes full control. They become so identified with the ego that forget the higher self, the consciusness and the sub-conscious.

Ego is the tool of the governments to have absolute control of population. The culture of individuality. We are lost.

Ego is the root of our unhappiness and misery, because we let a illusory entity take full control.

Our culture dismiss intuition, we dont listen to our bodies, all that counts is a self that doesnt exist.

Edited by Moreira

How can the mechanical pattern of fragmentation integrate itself by means of time-fear. 

Do we see that any positive-negative movement of (fear-self ) will remain bound within the narrow corridor of division, duality, fragmentation? 

Edited by Faceless

The Ego is "what we think we are."

The Shadow is "what we think we are not."

But the Shadow is actually  who we also are, it's just repressed or projected.

So The Shadow needs to be integrated.

@Stoica DoruIt's like being totally trapped, no way out.  Fighting the ego is answerings its call to war, and more conflict won't bring peace.  So much inner judgement and punishment!  An illusion can't be sacrificed but I think that's what it would have you believe: that fear and not love is the way.  I came across this the other day and bolded the part I thought applied to what you were talking about.

From ACIM:

"T-15.XI.4. You who believe that sacrifice is love must learn that sacrifice is separation from love.

2 For sacrifice brings guilt as surely as love brings peace.

3 Guilt is the condition of sacrifice, as peace is the condition for the awareness of your relationship with God.

4 Through guilt you exclude your Father and your brothers from yourself.

5 Through peace you invite them back, realizing that they are where your invitation bids them be.

6 What you exclude from yourself seems fearful, for you endow it with fear and try to cast it out, though it is part of you.

7 Who can perceive part of himself as loathsome, and live within himself in peace?

8 And who can try to resolve the "conflict" of Heaven and hell in him by casting Heaven out and giving it the attributes of hell, without experiencing himself as incomplete and lonely?"

Edited by MiracleMan

Grace

Trying to remove Ego from experience is clinging to the 'Paradigm of Self' because what you're doing is trying to pick and choose experience.  BE-ing is surrendering to the moment without pre-judgments or pre-expectations.

I wouldn't say the Ego needs to be integrated because that's something a 'Self' would say, I would say that the Ego needs to be accepted as part of Experience.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Stoica Doru i agree with the concept of integrating ego, not destroying it.  Matt Kahn provides a very good explanation of this on True Divine Nature, "Embracing the Shadow".  By respecting the shadow self, (anger, fear, jealousy, etc), we integrate it with Being and bring it into the light.  By integrating and not rejecting the shadow we make it an ally, not something we reject out of hand because we don't like how it makes us feel.  The "bad" parts are God too.

Is not the acceptance or rejection of self another example of positive-negative movement of the self-fear? 

Do we see that any movement pattern of fear will only fragment, therefore integration remains a mere abstraction, (image), or, (reward projected in time),  in which there is this perpetual pursuit from what is to what should be, (psychological time)? 

Otherwise know as the illusion of psychological growth. 

How can there be integration when fear continues to feed this fragmentation? 

Do we see that as long as action is influenced by this false division, this contradiction will pursist, and remain bound by the dualistic movement of time?

DO WE SEE THAT ACTUAL INTEGRATION IMPLIES THE ABSENCE OF PSYCHOLOGICAL FEAR?  

OR...

DO WE SEE THAT AS LONG AS FEAR DETERMINES ACTION, ACTION WILL REMAIN INCOMPLETE-FINITE, AND INTEGRATION WILL NEVER BE ACTUALIZED? 

Edited by Faceless

The mental center ego/mind is a formatory apparatus. Identification with the formatory apparatus, also known as "talking in the head" or "staying in the head' is staying centered in the ego. When the mind becomes silent and attuned to the now the formatory apparatus naturally dissipates. @Faceless sometimes refers to this as "Headlessness".

@cetus56 ?? 

16 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

The mental center ego/mind is a formatory apparatus. Identification with the formatory apparatus, also known as "talking in the head" or "staying in the head' is staying centered in the ego. When the mind becomes silent and attuned to the now the formatory apparatus naturally dissipates. @Faceless sometimes refers to this as "Headlessness".

First there must be freedom wiithout the positive-negative movement of time as the “i”,  or (psychological becoming). In that freedom there allows the dissipation or dissolving of this formatory apparatus that @cetus56 puts it so excellently. 

Positive and negative movement of (self-fear), is one and the same movement as the formatory apparatus. 

Edited by Faceless

@Faceless Yes It can most easily be identified because it exists in the past or the future. A tell tale sign.

14 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@Faceless Yes It can most easily be identified because it exists in the past or the future. A tell tale sign.

Indeed my friend. 

38 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

mental center ego/mind is a formatory apparatus.

@cetus56
bringin' another level to the game with some slick gangsta' vocab.B|

If your name is on the guest list, No one can take you higher
Everybody says I've got... great balls of fire!

47 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

Well said. Putting it another way, can be identified as a movement away from what-is, which gives it a seek/escape quality.

47 minutes ago, Big Guru Balls said:

@cetus56
bringin' another level to the game with some slick gangsta' vocab.B|

@Big Guru Balls That some dope shit there!  You know what they say  "When you can't dazzle em' with facts- baffle em' with bull shit". 

22 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@Stoica Doru @robdl @Faceless @Big Guru Balls  Yea, check this out. It's not just all about what it appears to be. It gets better as it progresses into the audience questioning in the 2nd half. Well worth watching!

Interesting. I read Teachings of Don Jaun years ago,and took him to be a shaman of some sort. Giving Castenada peyote, and devils flower?,can't remember. His trips and morphing into a animals and such was an entertaining read. Didn't he just disappear . No one knows what happened or where he disappeared too?

Thanks for the vid.B|

Edited by Big Guru Balls

If your name is on the guest list, No one can take you higher
Everybody says I've got... great balls of fire!

Yes, that's the sort of the subtle thing the ego would convince you of.

"integrate me..."

Right. 

What destroyed means is destroying the idea of an ego existing. It's just an illusion. It doesn't need to be integrated. It needs to be revealed for it what is.

6 hours ago, omTom said:

I think the word "ego" needs to be very clearly defined for this thread to be meaningful for people. Ego is a word that is very often misused and everyone seems to have their own definition these days. 

Ego = thought = “I” = mind

All one and the same thing. 

The “I” is made out of thought.  Mind is made out of thought. Ego is made out of thought.