MrDmitriiV

The Dark Side of Leo Gura

119 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, FakeEnlightenment said:

This is the problem with using this kind of logic just because you heard it from Leo and following it blindly like a sheep. Just because you haven't SEEN something in person for yourself doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Does Australia not exist because you have personally never been there? But there is pictures of Australia and documentation about it from people who've lived there for hundreds of years. Same with your organs. You can feel your heartbeat, and when you cut someone open you can see their organs. 

Comparing the existence of organs and Chakras are completely different, because there is no evidence that Chakras exist as energy fields, and as you concede in your second paragraph, the only thing that makes them real to you is the continuous imagination that they are real. Well isn't that surprising! Look up the confirmation bias in psychology. If you continue to imagine something, day after day, it has an effect on your belief in that something. Think about it like affirmations, if you say your confident over and over, you will eventually start to feel more confident. Does it mean you're actually a confident person just by making yourself feel like you are? Probably not, but it will help you. This is the way I see Chakras, it's all basically made up in your mind but they do have real emotional effects on us because that's the power of the placebo effect. So does that make Chakras REAL because imagining in them has real effects on our body and mind? No! They are more so ideas you create, but if they help people, I don't see anything wrong with them.

@Leo Gura

11 hours ago, FakeEnlightenment said:

@see_on_see

You'd be surprised to find out that I'm actually a deep, solid Turquoise on the spiral, and have been transitioning into Coral for quite some time, working as a Yogi / Mystic instructor for an extremely nuanced version of Kriya yoga I devised myself. I'm not trying to debunk anything, just trying to clarify what reality is and what we can agree on, because we obviously have different paradigms or world views. In all my years of practice, I've never felt energy fields around my body that people label as Chakras, nor have any of my clients, which are among the elite Buddhism monks.

I call B.S. on this.  That's easy to say.  Prove it.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

On 8/9/2018 at 8:58 PM, MrDmitriiV said:

I do not mean to say that chakras don’t exist.

However, there is no consensus on what they are, where they are located, how many there are , their colors, their meaning

Knowledge about chakras or about esoteric paths of bioenergy is generalized. It differs from individual to individual. There are chakras, but the number differs with each individual. One may have seven, one may have nine; one may have more, one may have less. That is the reason why so many different traditions have developed. 

It is not necessary to pass through chakras. One can just bypass them. If the energy flows upward and you have blocks in the passage, only then do you feel it. If kundalini moves and there are no blocks, then you will never feel any chakras. That is why someone may feel nine chakras, someone else may feel ten chakras, and someone else may feel only three or four, or one, or none.

A theoretical acquaintance is not helpful and meditation as such is not really concerned with chakras at all. 

@Prabhaker So by doing these practices you must first imagine that you have 7 of them (and they are located where images show), then you must imagine moving them through your body, and after "holding your breath for 2 minutes and then exhaling" you must imagine that the sudden rush of energy comes from chakras and not because you finally exhaled after holding your breath???

People don't understand the core problem mentioned in this post.

Its not about chakras or if it works or not, it's about the fundamental problem of Kriya Yoga. 

Instead of trying to ged rid of ego and mind-filters (beliefs, assumptions, imaginations...) like you do with meditation, you add more illusions to your mind (by imagining those chakras). 

WHY don't they ask you to just sit and look for yourself if chakras are there or not??? Because there are none, so they make images for you to show where they are so you could imagine them.

@Joseph Maynor

Edited by MrDmitriiV

"It is the emptiness within the cup that makes it useful."

11 hours ago, FakeEnlightenment said:

You'd be surprised to find out that I'm actually a deep, solid Turquoise on the spiral, and have been transitioning into Coral for quite some time, working as a Yogi / Mystic instructor for an extremely nuanced version of Kriya yoga I devised myself. I'm not trying to debunk anything, just trying to clarify what reality is and what we can agree on, because we obviously have different paradigms or world views. In all my years of practice, I've never felt energy fields around my body that people label as Chakras, nor have any of my clients, which are among the elite Buddhism monks.

You are working as a Yoga instructor and you have clients which are among the elite Buddhism monks. You are on the internet and destroying Leo Gura by arguments. These are not the ways of a mystic. 

Years of practice doesn't makes anyone a mystic. If you are a mystic, you must know that mystics are not found on internet discussion forums.

27 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

You are working as a Yoga instructor and you have clients which are among the elite Buddhism monks. You are on the internet and destroying Leo Gura by arguments. These are not the ways of a mystic. 

Years of practice doesn't makes anyone a mystic. If you are a mystic, you must know that mystics are not found on internet discussion forums.

@FakeEnlightenment isn't destroying Leo Gura, but questioning Leo. 

DO You @Prabhaker think that Leo is PERFECT and all of his answers and videos are trustworthy? Think again, don't just blindly follow Leo's opinion.

It's funny how Leo called @MrDmitriiV an Orange fool (in his first reply) just because he is skeptic of @Leo Gura's opinion and advice. Sounds like stage Blue thinking to me.

"Your self-righteous phony skepticism amuses me greatly." Since then is skepticism a bad thing @Leo Gura??? Should we just all blindly believe your advice, and if we are skeptic of them, you start calling us stage Orange fools? 

5 minutes ago, 111111 said:

It's funny how Leo called @MrDmitriiV an Orange fool (in his first reply) just because he is skeptic of @Leo Gura's opinion and advice. Sounds like stage Blue thinking to me.

"Your self-righteous phony skepticism amuses me greatly." Since then is skepticism a bad thing @Leo Gura??? Should we just all blindly believe your advice, and if we are skeptic of them, you start calling us stage Orange fools? 

@111111

This is what cult leaders / religious figures do when you question their teaching or doctrine, they will just say you are being too skeptical and to not ask questions / or "feel the need to have shit proven to you" as Leo put it. Pretty sad to see Leo, a man I respect a lot, be so disrespectful to people on his own forum he started. Just take a look at his guidelines page, where it says what NOT TO DO: 

"Calling members names like: stupid, idiot, moron, asshole, retard, etc.

Trash-talking, trolling, chronic criticism, blaming, and finger-pointing"

Don't get me wrong though, Leo is the man. But you can't just put forth you own fantasy reality that not many people agree on outside of Leo's followers, and then get mad at people when they question it and just accuse them of being a stage orange materialist fool. If you stand behind the reality you propose in your videos, you shouldn't have a problem defending it in a logical argument without using ad-hominem attacks. Debating this stuff is useful and not a waste of time. What he wants to do is shut down the debate, not a good sign.

41 minutes ago, 111111 said:

DO You @Prabhaker think that Leo is PERFECT and all of his answers and videos are trustworthy?

Leo never claimed that he is fully enlightened. Nobody is claiming that he is perfect. Which master's answers and videos are trustworthy for everyone? 

Nobody is forcing anyone to trust him. If he doesn't resonates with you, ignore him. Every master can't help everyone, why there are so many masters, each of them teaching different things?

Buddha was a great master, but India has ignored him. He lived in India, but there are very few Buddhists in India. India was not prepared for his teachings. You can reject Leo, you have right to criticize him. What's stopping you ?

There are hundreds of masters in Indian history, there followers criticize others masters and their teachings. No master is useful for everyone, if you don't find Leo useful, find another spiritual teacher if you are a seeker.

Edited by Prabhaker
spelling mistake

@Prabhaker

Leo changed my life and I'm grateful for it, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't discuss his "dark side".

13 minutes ago, FakeEnlightenment said:

1 hour ago, Prabhaker said:

13 minutes ago, FakeEnlightenment said:

What he wants to do is shut down the debate, not a good sign.

You continue,don't be disheartened, I love these debates !

popcorn.jpg

11 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

You continue,don't be disheartened, I love these debates !

popcorn.jpg

These debates of I'm smarter than you are na na' na na' na!  Such a distraction from one's actual problem situations in life.  What does comparison with another person have to do with sustainably solving your own problem situations in life?  I'm Turquoise!  Great, go handle your own life and then come and tell me how Turquoise you are.  Turquoise is not wasting time measuring their shaft and trying to compare it to others.  None of that is relevant -- it's all a distraction.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor Where did you see :

55 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

These debates of I'm smarter than you are na na' na na' na! 

???

Blind people are trying to get out of a dark tunnel (Maya, The Illusion), so they debate on the best ways to do this. People following Actualized.org have the right to know that Leo has a sneaky dark side, not just blindly accepting all of his words as truth.

The author of this post tried to get a message across, yet Leo's CULT will defend his opinion with shallow non-grounded words.

I remember Leo telling us to be skeptic some time ago, now as he got "wiser" he got overconfident, approaching in a negative manner anyone who is skeptic of his ways.

Edited by 111111

See video: True vs False Skepticism

You so called "skeptics" are simply letting ego weaponize skepticism.

Skepticism is great when done right. But in the hands of a fool, skepticism turns into an ideology and leads to stupidities like Flat Earthers, scientism, materialism, atheism, reductionism, behaviorism, logical positivism, rationalism, libertarianism, etc. Which is what is happening in this thread.

Apply skepticism internally, to yourself, not externally at other people.

Self-deception 101.

You have been told precisely the fallacy in your approach, but you refuse to hear it.

A person stuck in stage Orange will not be able to do yoga. The mind is just too locked into the materialist paradigm. Your level of development is too low. Try doing more ordinary self help for a few years. Then revisit the issue.

Very few people are ready to learn what Actualized.org videos are teaching. This is not some shallow Jordan Peterson or Tony Robbins self-improvement. We are talking about the deconstruction of physical reality here. And your mind will not allow you to do that easily. You will have to work through many layers of self-deception mechanisims first. Of which skepticism is but one.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Jesus fucking christ, just focus on the inner work, who cares if chakras are true or not true, its irrelevant, what matters is if theres actually a YOU inside YOU! Go focus on that, everything else is just monkey monkey monkey to infinity. Your life is slipping away second by second while you sit here debating about a guy on youtube.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

3 hours ago, MrDmitriiV said:

@Prabhaker So by doing these practices you must first imagine that you have 7 of them

All these techniques are concerned with how to achieve the inner center. The basic mechanism used, the basic technique used is, if you can create a center anywhere, in the mind, in the heart, or even outside on a wall and if you concentrate totally on it and you bracket out the whole world, you forget the whole world and only one point remains in your consciousness, suddenly you will be thrown to your inner center.

Your mind is just a vagabond, a wandering. It is never at one point. It is always going, moving, reaching, but never at any point. It goes from one thought to another. If you stop at A or B or any point, the mind will fight with you. The mind will say, "Move on," because if you stop the mind dies immediately.

It is not important that chakras exist or not, but these techniques have helped many people. If imagining chakra or any other point makes anyone centered, peaceful and blissful, he can use the technique.

I can give examples from the Vigyan Bhairav Tantra , where imagination is used for entering into a meditative state.

(13.) Imagine the five coloured circles of the peacock tail to be your five senses in illimitable space. Now let their beauty melt within. Similarly, at any point in space or on the wall – untill the point dissolves. Then your wish for another comes true.

(23.) Feel an object before you. Feel the absence of all other objects but this one. Then leaving aside the object-feeling And the absence-feeling, Realize.

(5.) Attention between Eyebrows, let mind be before thought. Let form fill with breath essence to the top of the head and there shower as light.

3 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

@Prabhaker  THANK YOU!! Finally someone explained why Yoga may work! 

3 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

"It is the emptiness within the cup that makes it useful."

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

A person stuck in stage Orange will not be able to do yoga. The mind is just too locked into the materialist paradigm. Your level of development is too low. Try doing more ordinary self help for a few years. Then revisit the issue.

So everyone who is skeptic about your opinion is automatically stuck in stage Orange, locked into the materialist paradigm? 

The author of this post wrote in bold letters that """I do not mean to say that chakras don’t exist.""", yet people blame him as a stage Orange scientist because he is supposed to blindly believe what our dear cheerleader Leo said???

Doesn't someone deserve a decent explanation of why and how a practice works before investing time in it???

@Leo Gura

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

@Leo Gura

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

See video: True vs False Skepticism

You so called "skeptics" are simply letting ego weaponize skepticism.

Skepticism is great when done right. But in the hands of a fool, skepticism turns into an ideology and leads to stupidities like Flat Earthers, scientism, materialism, atheism, reductionism, behaviorism, logical positivism, rationalism, libertarianism, etc. Which is what is happening in this thread.

Apply skepticism internally, to yourself, not externally at other people.

Self-deception 101.

You have been told precisely the fallacy in your approach, but you refuse to hear it.

Very few people are ready to learn what Actualized.org videos are teaching. This is not some shallow Jordan Peterson or Tony Robbins self-improvement. We are talking about the deconstruction of physical reality here. And your mind will not allow you to do that easily. You will have to work through many layers of self-deception mechanisims first. Of which skepticism is but one.

Leo, you're just reiterating the exact same thing you said in your first comment, that were too dumb and underdeveloped to understand and do yoga properly and were stage orange fools. How about addressing something, ANYTHING, people said in this thread about Chakras or Kriya yoga? Instead you just want to waste time in proving you have the bigger intellectual penis and we are all plebians beneath you. 

@Leo Gura Did I see this correctly? Are you defending yourself here? ?

@to those who badly want to see a dark side in Leo: Have you watched the 4h+ video? Isn't he exposing his dark side enough there? Isn't he exposing yours and mine, too?

(Obviously, I'm posting this as nasty ego-identity ? who clearly has a deep need to be "seen", a deep need to help others (typical feminine issue, you know?) and a need to occur as smart as heck. Yes, I still have some work to do, haven't I? But I also know that these are "thoughts" and I can choose to believe them or not. Can you choose that, too? ?)

P.S. Isn't it your=my=our choice what we "take home" from Leo's videos? Why would anyone think that they/we have to literally do whatever Leo says?

Edited by Zweistein

Leo has a serious issue that blocks him from experiencing Life the way he wants: he struggles to practice what he learns about humility from his trips.

when it's about spiritual seeking, telling people what to do is a huuuuge mistake. the best one can do is simply communicating his own experiences.

transcending intellectual pride is no easy task, but learning how to live in touch with the Heart is completely worth it.

Edited by ajasatya

unborn Truth