Preetom

What Are 'We' Really Doing?

30 posts in this topic

The ultimate nature of Reality has been discovered, argued over, proven empirically by generation after generation and well documented in the form of Upanishads/Advaita Vedanta even before the birth of Gautama Buddha. Moreover, there has been rediscovery and retranslation of this same Truth over and over again in almost all regions of Earth during all of history.

So my question is what are we doing really? We, as a species are still dumbfounded by the nature of Reality as much as a common folk from three thousand years ago. The only difference is we believe in some new groundless stories and behave in different ways as our culture and surrounding has changed a lot.

We, as a so called 'modern' species are still in the cave when it comes to the Truth. Where are we going with all our plans and projects in the world?

What are we honestly waiting for? Are we waiting for some ultimate groundbreaking miraculous discovery to happen which will transform our lives? But it is already done like 3 thousands years ago lol (that too considering only written documents), yet only infinitesimally small population knows about it, far less have realized it.

Would like to hear your thoughts and perspective on this issue guys. Also do share how your worldview has changed after coming across this knowledge :)

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Interesting question.

I too would like to know the point of what we are doing, in our search for Truth.

The end goal I think is to reach the most optimal state a human being can reach, the happiest a human being can be, or to transcend happiness into a state that is better than the feeling of it. We all want to feel good, and avoid suffering. (Relative and from the perspective of the human species anyway)

What could be better then happiness? I just imagine happiness becoming more and more intense rather than a whole "new" feeling that feels different from happiness and better than it. Is that the goal of this work? I know I am being pragmatic here but, what would be the point in Enlightenment if it would cause suffering (which, from what I have read from others on this forum, is quite the opposite of what you feel once Enlightened.)

6 minutes ago, Lorcan said:

I know I am being pragmatic here but, what would be the point in Enlightenment if it would cause suffering (which, from what I have read from others on this forum, is quite the opposite of what you feel once Enlightened.)

I'd say that the way towards enligthenment creates a lot of suffering, just because you want to get away from yourself. If you achieve some type of enlightenment, the constant "being-suffering" lowers depending on your depth of enlightenment. Temporally suffering can still arise, like when you burn your hand or something.

But getting away from "being-suffering" (chronic tension in the head [feeling of ego] and body [feeling of body ego]) is worth the way, :P . When you are "really" enlightened, you don't even feel that you have a body or head, literally.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

“We” are not doing anything, just because someone  2000 years experienced something doesn’t mean that’s the end all be all. You were born a clean slate so it’s up to you to explore life, for all you know history could be completely false and you’re the first humanbeing to ever live. :) Humanity won’t gain anything from everyone being enlightened, the universe will implode and we will start over eitherway. xD

Dont look at me! Look inside!

57 minutes ago, Preetom said:

We, as a so called 'modern' species are still in the cave when it comes to the Truth.

@Preetom We will always be in the cave when it comes to truth, nothing happened to humanity as a whole when a small proportion already 3000 years ago find out about absolute truth and that infinite consciousness is the only 'substance' of reality. 

Maybe 'we' formulated a coherent 'consciousness only model' already 5000 years ago. 

Also, nothing happened to humanity regarding truth during this early stages of information age, with internet. If something big happens, it always happens early on in a new era/technology. Jimi Hendrix will always be the greatest virtuous ever to play the electric guitar, which was a new instrument at his time. Silly example, but you get it. Rupert Spira is probably the greatest of them all to explain truth to newbies and scientific minded, yet he has like 10k viewers on average to his channel.  

So, if humanity as a whole were open to truth, something of a big shift in consciousness would have happened by now. Just take a look at this forum, we are not even 50 frequently active members, yet this is the only forum with decent kind of traffic. Crazy how uncurious humanity is. 

When I go to a soccer game in Norrkoping, Sweden's 10th largest city with 140k citizens to see my local club win games, there are at least 10.000 people in the crowd to watch the game. 10k out of 140k is pretty good, like 7%. 

Compare that to the 50 active members here out of the whole worlds population. Everyone on the planet with access to internet find Leo on youtube and the forum if they are interested in the subjects we discuss here. Humanity is almost immune to truth. Which is so weird, because it leads to such a great joy and happiness. Why people not want truth to become liberated from their mind-prison is beyond my understanding. 

Also, Leo quoted Terence McKenna yesterday saying: 'Psychedelics don't work on stupid people' and @Leo Gura also added: 'There is no cure for close minded people. That's true.

Humanity is bound to be blind as a whole. A tiny subset of humanity will have this knowledge though, but for what good other then their own well being? Because they will not be able to save the world from suffering, although, it's frustrating, because theoretically it would be the easiest thing ever to change the world if people were adaptive. We could end fear and suffering and have a loving world in just a few days. But only theoretically, as you know, the wise people never govern anything, it's the masters that governs the wise once, and that's how it always will be. 

Love has no place in society, wisdom is thrown in jail and peace is turned away from the door. But at least we can have all of that in our hearts and share it with the open ones.  

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

@Preetom It’s convincing af, but there’s no past. It’s just your illusion. Something to contemplate, if you’re interested....will anything still be “here” or “there” when you kick the bucket? Would earth still be?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Azrael Would you say* RASA brought you to that level of enlightenment?

Edited by Rinne

3 hours ago, Lorcan said:

The end goal I think is to reach the most optimal state a human being can reach, the happiest a human being can be, or to transcend happiness into a state that is better than the feeling of it. We all want to feel good, and avoid suffering. (Relative and from the perspective of the human species anyway)

That's the byproduct of deep enlightenment. In non-duality philosophy, the bliss or unconditional happiness that they talk about is NOT a feeling that is felt. It's the joy of abiding in non-dual awareness, a non-objective experience. 

3 hours ago, Lorcan said:

What could be better then happiness? I just imagine happiness becoming more and more intense rather than a whole "new" feeling that feels different from happiness and better than it. Is that the goal of this work?

If you've have some genuine glimpses of non-duality, you will start to intuit and open your mind about the possibility that the Best sort of happiness is the annihilation of the constant URGE for happiness that you have right now.

3 hours ago, Azrael said:

But getting away from "being-suffering" (chronic tension in the head [feeling of ego] and body [feeling of body ego]) is worth the way, :P . When you are "really" enlightened, you don't even feel that you have a body or head, literally.

That is indeed worth all the way! this sense of being stuck and limited inside something is the root of all movements of mind driven by lack and fear.

3 hours ago, Rilles said:

“We” are not doing anything, just because someone  2000 years experienced something doesn’t mean that’s the end all be all. You were born a clean slate so it’s up to you to explore life, for all you know history could be completely false and you’re the first humanbeing to ever live. :) Humanity won’t gain anything from everyone being enlightened, the universe will implode and we will start over eitherway. xD

This is all a joke. Sometimes I have hard time figuring out how so many people take life all too seriously. I thought about posting this in a different thread. But guys..tell me something honestly please. In your 20/30/40 years of living, you've had many experiences. But when you silently look inside yourself honestly, do you feel like you've become something 'new'? or do you feel like you've been somewhat unchanged and untouched by all the changes in your appearance?

Most people go through childhood to adolescence to youth to middle age to old age...gaining new identities one after another. They dress differently, surround themselves with different people, jobs and puff themselves up all the time..believing that they are going somewhere or becoming something new lol xD  They think they've grown from the little boy to a big man. But you can see the so called adults are just as immature, if not more than children. At least children are more authentic!

is it just me or do you guys notice it at well? reminds me of Jed Mckenna mentioning in his book that in his eyes all he sees are confused children running around desperately until he come across someone enlightened like him lol

@MarkusSweden Loved your detailed take on this man. The scene really seems gloomy. Actualized.org tries it's best to bring these ideas into mainstream. it's audience has people under 15 as well. Still the number is so small compared to the entire population. Maybe the percentage of high conscious people remain always the same. There seems to be thousands of Enlightened people now because the population is in billions...

Those who listen and work towards this, they conquer themselves after decades of ups and downs and suffering beyond the ordinary. What's the chance for the massive population who haven't heard or can't even imagine such a thing is existing for 3 thousands years.

And I get your virtuoso example (being a guitarist myself :P ). But I must say guitar playing has been refined or evolved a LOT over the decades. Yes Hendrix started the fire, but it's being taken to new heights everyday by modern virtuosos. But still, this guitar playing is Worldly knowledge. All Worldly knowledge seems to improve with time. But Enlightenment is nothing worldly. No wonder it is still sitting where it was 3 thousand years ago xD

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Preetom It’s convincing af, but there’s no past. It’s just your illusion. 

that sure is a convenient explanation lol

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

5 hours ago, MarkusSweden said:

@Preetom We will always be in the cave when it comes to truth, nothing happened to humanity as a whole when a small proportion already 3000 years ago find out about absolute truth and that infinite consciousness is the only 'substance' of reality. 

Maybe 'we' formulated a coherent 'consciousness only model' already 5000 years ago. 

Also, nothing happened to humanity regarding truth during this early stages of information age, with internet. If something big happens, it always happens early on in a new era/technology. Jimi Hendrix will always be the greatest virtuous ever to play the electric guitar, which was a new instrument at his time. Silly example, but you get it. Rupert Spira is probably the greatest of them all to explain truth to newbies and scientific minded, yet he has like 10k viewers on average to his channel.  

So, if humanity as a whole were open to truth, something of a big shift in consciousness would have happened by now. Just take a look at this forum, we are not even 50 frequently active members, yet this is the only forum with decent kind of traffic. Crazy how uncurious humanity is. 

When I go to a soccer game in Norrkoping, Sweden's 10th largest city with 140k citizens to see my local club win games, there are at least 10.000 people in the crowd to watch the game. 10k out of 140k is pretty good, like 7%. 

Compare that to the 50 active members here out of the whole worlds population. Everyone on the planet with access to internet find Leo on youtube and the forum if they are interested in the subjects we discuss here. Humanity is almost immune to truth. Which is so weird, because it leads to such a great joy and happiness. Why people not want truth to become liberated from their mind-prison is beyond my understanding. 

Also, Leo quoted Terence McKenna yesterday saying: 'Psychedelics don't work on stupid people' and @Leo Gura also added: 'There is no cure for close minded people. That's true.

Humanity is bound to be blind as a whole. A tiny subset of humanity will have this knowledge though, but for what good other then their own well being? Because they will not be able to save the world from suffering, although, it's frustrating, because theoretically it would be the easiest thing ever to change the world if people were adaptive. We could end fear and suffering and have a loving world in just a few days. But only theoretically, as you know, the wise people never govern anything, it's the masters that governs the wise once, and that's how it always will be. 

Love has no place in society, wisdom is thrown in jail and peace is turned away from the door. But at least we can have all of that in our hearts and share it with the open ones.  

if we dont pass the torch ourselves then who will ?

5 minutes ago, Pernani said:

if we dont pass the torch ourselves then who will ?

dude the torch was passed 3 thousands year ago and look where we are now. what's the point? :|

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Just now, Preetom said:

dude the torch was passed 3 thousands year ago and look where we are now. what's the point? :|

if I didnt stumble upon leo's vids I would probably not know jack shit about all this stuff, he passed the torch and it made a significance difference in many people's lives even if the number is small it's never in vain. in time that number will keep multiplying until it explodes and a shift happens, it may not happen in our generation but nevertheless it's a chain reaction and every part of that chain is equally important for the ultimate goal.

besides thousands of years ago they didnt have the internet lol

1 minute ago, Pernani said:

if I didnt stumble upon leo's vids I would probably not know jack shit about all this stuff, he passed the torch and it made a significance difference in many people's lives even if the number is small it's never in vain. in time that number will keep multiplying until it explodes and a shift happens, it may not happen in our generation but nevertheless it's a chain reaction and every part of that chain is equally important for the ultimate goal.

besides thousands of years ago they didnt have the internet lol

that's a nice way to put it. Reminds me of something i read in Eckhart Tolle's book called 'A New Earth'.

In it, the author said that he likes to contemplate on the first day when a boom happened all over the world and Flowers covered the entire earth with colors and fragrance for the 1st time millions of years go. Before the flowers came, trees existed for millions of years but there was no flower.

He uses these analogies for Enlightenment. From Tree to flower. From Reptiles to bird. From rocks to diamond. From ignorant man to Enlightened man. A total transformation.

But this widespread boom may take few more thousands of years lol. We still haven't learnt to crawl, let alone coming out of the cave xD

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

We are working furiously to deny the Truth. That's life ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Preetom In infinity, billions of years, through literally incomprehensible “odds”, fields formed, and separate things formed, and merged together, making galaxies, universes, earth, an atmosphere, all the animals, people.........and you, you just happen to be present in the precise span of years in which your ability to think and communicate leads you to inquire awareness and enlightenment. This absolute perfect Goldilocks situation in which you experience a “life”....it’s random? Just a coincidence?

Every thing you could inspect for evidence of the past, from The Grand Canyon to carbon dated dinosaurs....are atoms, which are empty - Nothing, being “inspected” by a person and technology, both made of atoms - emptiness, Nothing.   There is Nothing there, and there isn’t even such a thing as a specific “there” for Nothing to be. The past is a thought, which is also nothing.

Doesn’t it strike you as at least somewhat suspiciously perfect? What are the odds? 

Zero / Infnite. All that appears is relative to all else appearing. There is no such thing as odds. “Odds”, is another thought, a limited observation. 

You might be taking it all for granted and missing that it is your own illusion. Will the earth exist when you die? 

It never existed.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

We're distracted as sh*t -- like 80-90% distracted from addressing our genuine concerns in life.  I've recently become keenly aware of this and now I can't unsee it.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

4 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Preetom In infinity, billions of years, through literally incomprehensible “odds”, fields formed, and separate things formed, and merged together, making galaxies, universes, earth, an atmosphere, all the animals, people.........and you, you just happen to be present in the precise span of years in which your ability to think and communicate leads you to inquire awareness and enlightenment. This absolute perfect Goldilocks situation in which you experience a “life”....it’s random? Just a coincidence?

Yeah that's the function of Maya. It seems to make the impossible into possible. That is the only thing it can do. Nothing really surprising about it once you get a hang of it. Just like conventionally, fire only burns, Maya only make the impossible into possible. How can anything exist at all? Maya accomplished this impossible feat. But alas...it still is non-existent. Only a shadow of the Absolute, yet seems so real.

4 hours ago, who chit said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4566435

LMAO!!!

3 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

We're distracted as sh*t -- like 80-90% distracted from addressing our genuine concerns in life.  I've recently become keenly aware of this and now I can't unsee it.

there seems no other way to spin this gigantic system we call Humanity. The deceptions run so deep that the only way to spend the days seems to dumb down our senses and just let the years and decades pass by. That's where humanity is at large.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

We are working furiously to deny the Truth. That's life ;)

this is so weird...It seems that the only way the incessant play on the stage can go on if the characters are ignorant about their real identity. Once someone understand even if a little bit, there seems to be no way back. The non-duality bug has already bitten and infected the system lol.

I just wonder how deeply Enlightened people go through the day with this constant make-believe. No surprise that most of them are sort of recluse, hermits and often regarded as heretics if they open their mouths...

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Just being, man. That's all there is to do. There's no purpose or meaning. If there was one, it'd be way too limiting anyway. Just enjoy the ride as much as possible! :)