MrDmitriiV

Experience Ego-Death in 5 min (Practical Guide)

35 posts in this topic

DISCLAIMER: If misused, the following technique can make you faint/black-out! 

1. Sit with your back straight, somewhere where you won't be disturbed. (it won't work if you lay down)

2. Try to relax your body+mind and just breath normally for 3-6 min.

3.  Then proceed doing 9 of "Fast&Slow" breath cycles:

ONE Fast&Slow breath cycle means: -Inhale FAST (less than 2 sec.) thru your belly and then thru chest, filling 80-90% of your lung capacity.

-Exhale SLOW (more than 6 sec.depleting your lungs of all air.

4. After completing 9 of "Fast&Slow" breath cycles, Inhale FAST (that'll be your 10th inhalation, this time inhale in about 4 sec) thru your belly and then thru chest, filling 100% of your lung capacity.

5. -HOLD THE BREATH, after about 5-10 seconds you'll feel "darkness" wash over you. ( read my trip report below ) 

-When the "darkness" washes over you, just experience and be it.

-DO NOT stay for more then a few seconds in "darkness", or you will faint/damage some shit in your body.

6.  Exhale

Note: It's to be expected that you'll experience strong EGO BACKLASH.

MY TRIP/S REPORT: 

In my case, "darkness" washes over me starting from chest to my head, 4-7 seconds after holding the breath. All my physical senses literally fade away. Like my body stops existing. All thoughts and mind chatter disappear. I lose sense of space and time. However, the crazy thing is that "me the observer" literally stops existing to the point where there's no more earth! There is still existence, but it's radically different from what I experience during intense meditation or infinity-forbid my normal dual state of being.

After about some seconds after delving into "darkness" and exhaling, this "I" kicks back in, I start to experience an incredibly strong ego backlash. As if by no will I grab the phone, move my hands, stand, music I like mentally starts rolling out. The ego goes fucking insane!

I came up with this technique completely spontaneously, like out of nothing I just sat down and did it... 

Also it maybe works best with those who have low-blood pressure or a mild form postural hypotension. 

Please share below your results + your medical condition (maybe there is a correlation between the two).

Edited by MrDmitriiV

"It is the emptiness within the cup that makes it useful."

You can reach this 'darkness' floating state where you stop existing with just normal meditation, maybe the ego backlash comes from forcing it with a breathing technique. 

After 2 years of on off meditation I can get into this state in 30 min - 1 hour, I can stay as long as I like, there is no damage - I am breathing calmly, either focusing on the breath or energetic presences in the body. Can't remember the last time I've missed a day.

The process becomes easier when you've done enough self-inquiry to desolve the roots of thoughts that tend to pop up and keep you from going deeper.

@MrDmitriiV We used to do this shit when we were kids. The same thing you describe but a friend would come from behind and wrap their arms around your stomach and on the hold breath they would squeeze and you'd pass out.

6 minutes ago, Dogsbestfriend said:

You can reach this 'darkness' floating state where you stop existing with just normal meditation, maybe the ego backlash comes from forcing it with a breathing technique. 

After 2 years of on off meditation I can get into this state in 30 min - 1 hour, I can stay as long as I like, there is no damage - I am breathing calmly, either focusing on the breath or energetic presences in the body. Can't remember the last time I've missed a day.

The process becomes easier when you've done enough self-inquiry to desolve the roots of thoughts that tend to pop up and keep you from going deeper.

Well, seems like 5 min for a beginner is so much faster then first spending 2 years and then 30-60 min meditating. It's like psychedelics vs normal meditation: you can either spend decades of your life trying to get enlightenment or you can achieve it WAY FASTER with psychedelics. 

This technique can give anyone a taste into a radically different state of consciousness. "Another tool in your tool belt"

I also did self-inquiry and meditation, but they weren't that radical.  

lmao ive also been doing this recently, it felts kind of relaxing and good, and then I felt the hearbeat in the heat and that was somewhat pleasant.

17 minutes ago, MrDmitriiV said:

Well, seems like 5 min for a beginner is so much faster then first spending 2 years and then 30-60 min meditating. It's like psychedelics vs normal meditation: you can either spend decades of your life trying to get enlightenment or you can achieve it WAY FASTER with psychedelics. 

This technique can give anyone a taste into a radically different state of consciousness. "Another tool in your tool belt"

I also did self-inquiry and meditation, but they weren't that radical.  

hmmmm

does it have any insights or any other profound realizations with it also? or is it just the state of that blackness and witnessing it briefly?

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@Viking Are you sure you had an actual temporary ego-death? If yes, then how can it be "pleasant" and "relaxing"?

@SoonHei Well go see for yourself))) It may be possible to extract some goodies out of this practice.

52 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@MrDmitriiV We used to do this shit when we were kids. The same thing you describe but a friend would come from behind and wrap their arms around your stomach and on the hold breath they would squeeze and you'd pass out.

Same here. We called it space monkey. I passed out and smacked my head on the basketball court once. I had no awareness of it happening, was just told after the fact. Space monkey was immediately what I thought of when reading the OP too. 

this isn't non duality - it's a stupid immitation

you might as well be sniffing glue

@MrDmitriiV Sounds pretty similar to Wim hoff breathing or shamanic breathing both which I stopped as I feel can get to same place with regular meditation and I really don't like the side effects of these breathing techniques (nausea, dizziness, headace, etc) which precisely why I dont like drinks/drugs.

@Dogsbestfriend

I agree with you. Have you gone deeper and had a full samahdi experience yet? There is no breath or energy or body. Just completely being in utterly emptiness, a single thought of even "This is it" would break it.

I'm still trying to master getting into this place, i notice some regularities.

• Intense energy and focus during meditation (can't be tired or sleepy)
  • Blindfolded and earplugged, trying to removing every sense/experience possible.
  • Intense self-enquiry, doubting all things, all body senses, and the mind.
  • Intense enquiry to existence (many will disagree with me on this one) but enquiry into the nature of existence, and non-existence, similar to being a robot who's enquiring how could he could possible be "experienceing existence" when all he is material and software.
  • State of facing existential fear and commiting suicide (ego death)
  • Being. unfathomable power, like a blackhole, neither something or nothing. During this peroid I could die and stay here forever, theres no ego to argue against it. I dont see it as "love" or "happiness" its just like default mode but also very powerful, it's god (for lack of poor words to describe it).

Then obviously you come back from it and the ego comes back, but the more consciousness work we do, the more that emptiness is apparent in the "now" the foundation of all things.

You’re better off getting yourself some Mushrooms or LSD.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor Living in a country with 250$ per month average salary surely stops me from going to Mexico and buying 5meodmt... I could grow shrooms but my parents won't understand it(((

@Arman Well, then what is non-duality in your opinion? Isn't it having an experience of reality without "the observer" in our minds?

3 minutes ago, MrDmitriiV said:

@Arman Well, then what is non-duality in your opinion? Isn't it having an experience of reality without "the observer" in our minds?

there's no mind without an observer 

If you eliminated the observer you wouldn't have any memory or experience to be reporting back. something still observed that experience

what you're experiencing is brain function (or more accurately malfunction) as a result of hyperventilation. 

non duality is transcending that altogether, not scrambling it up

I can't tell you what it is but I can tell you it's not

well as long as it feels safe, and you feel you've reached a genuine place of spiritual experience 

I wouldn't worry too much, meditate a bit everyday and non-duality will come visiting you when the time is right, it's the truth, and the truth will surface from every drop of this ocean that is life

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

@blazed There is a sudden 'shift' when it happens (I actually think of it as 'shifting' - into another state of being/dimension whatever - something, or 'nothing') , the state I enter was initially very fragile - still is I guess though one thought will not kick me out of it.

My goal is attaining it so often/easily that the moment it happens I don't get that peak of mental activity of 'oh yeaa here we goooo' Kinda hard not to feel that way when you spend an hour trying to get into it, not knowing exactly when it will happen though there are some signs . It won't kick me out of it but there is this sense of disturbance I need to quash, if not even thoughts perse, but the murmuring before the thoughts that bubble up into a thought.