Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Yellow Examples Mega-Thread

1,197 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, integral said:

Have you ever seen minimalism effect the statistics? Environmental population is growing rapidly, its not stable or linear. If its growing then larger systems need to change, nothing else will stop it. 

We see real footprint reduction happening in eco conscious green countries, or stemming from eco friendly companies like with tesla. 

Got it!

Dont look at me! Look inside!

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

At which point does this not become empty talk?

Is this valuable? How am i supposed to learn from this? Explain your thoughts so i can learn please. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

On 10/24/2020 at 3:40 AM, Leo Gura said:

Intregral 2.0, Lol, falls flat on its face right on the first point.

Did they even read Ken Wilber?

Thats if our focus is truth?  

Integral 2.0 is a misleading name, it should called "the integral movement". Its a practical repackaging of integral theory for our current cultural altitude. Its yellow integral not turquoise integral. I dont think we need turquoise right now (exception sadguru is doing a good job), we need high green/yellow organizations/momentum. Its also trying to avoid inactivity traps, like philosophizing all our problems away. Even if in the absolute sense it is true, it is often done unhealthily or not productively. Also pushing anti-materialism (lol) can be counter productive to the movement, we need to pick our battles

How do we make integral theory practical and accessible to orange and green? Maybe we need to dump it down? 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

34 minutes ago, integral said:

Is this valuable? How am i supposed to learn from this? Explain your thoughts so i can learn please. 

You did elaborate in your last comment so it's alright. I just saw a pattern based on my earlier observations of how it's easy to use terms like "systemic", "integration", "construct-aware" etc. without referring to anything specific that has any relevance to systems thinking.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Carl-Richard you seem to be on point, can you point to any resources that help you understand these topics? How did you build your foundation? 

1 hour ago, integral said:

@Rilles Yellow is a natural minimalist within reason, it does not try to fight the environment/world its living in, goes with the flow. Yellow also sees that its foot print depends on the structure its living in and so individual efforts will have 0 impact long term. Long term vs Short term thinking. 

Greens minimalism comes from a place of values, "i dont like wasting" Green is trying to get more of what it wants. (survival)

Yellows minimalism comes from a place of not needing. "These things dont add anything to my life, its unnecessary" Yellow is not trying, things naturally fall away. 

I don't disagree with your overall premise, but to be fair these are very broad generalizations. I think it's both/and. Yellow can both care about their individual efforts while also having the larger perspective that recycling one bottle won't save the world. But it might save one fish from choking to death. So it's not "nothing" or "0 impact" - that sounds like Orange thinking. Yellow transcends and includes Green, meaning in theory Yellow folks integrate Green environmental sustainability into their general worldview and daily lifestyles but do so with a more holistic and less radicalized perspective. Broadly speaking here, as of course there's many flavors of Yellow. 

3 hours ago, Rilles said:

This video is great! Never thought about protesting from a SD perspective. Fascinating. Although no way I'm eating McDonalds...that shit is nasty ;)

Wilbur was so much more articulate and concise at this age. He tends to ramble a lot these days.

Edited by tuckerwphotography

4 minutes ago, tuckerwphotography said:

This video is great! Never thought about protesting from a SD perspective. Fascinating. Although no way I'm eating McDonalds...that shit is nasty ;)

Wilbur was so much more articulate and concise at this age. He tends to ramble a lot these days.

Haha, what if you had no choice? Would you rather starve? :P 

Im not super into Wilber, I like this video though. Crazy how its from 2006, dudes been around. 

@Rilles If I was literally starving, I would for sure take a Big Mac with a large fries and a chocolate shake. Otherwise, nah, I'm good.

How do we make integral theory practical and accessible to orange and green? Maybe we need to dump it down?

No dumping down needed as they are already contained, and it just needs the right highlighter... instead of choosing the widely used neon yellow, maybe select neon orange & green for clarifying what is for whom ;)

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

22 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Haha, what if you had no choice? Would you rather starve? :P 

Im not super into Wilber, I like this video though. Crazy how its from 2006, dudes been around. 

I like Wilber but I feel he tends to strawman Green at times. I think he also overestimates how much influence Academia has on the culture at large; how many people in the general population know who someone like Michel Foucault is, or could articulate the arguments of Dialectic Materialism used in Marxism?

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

@Carl-Richard you seem to be on point, can you point to any resources that help you understand these topics? How did you build your foundation? 

I want to be clear that I have done very little research and that I'm just mostly going on intuition. You should be aware that this is also true for most people on here who talk about SD and systems thinking, and I'm not saying that is necessarily a bad thing, but it's something to keep in mind. These things are afterall grounded in higher intuitional domains and not necessarily bound to any explicit concepts.

I think Ken Wilber is my biggest influence if we discount Leo. Of course the mandatory philosophy curriculum in university also helps (Kuhn, Feyerbend, Lakatos etc.). If we're talking about people who don't often speak about systems thinking as a concept but still embodies it, then I would mention Daniel Schmachtenberger, Rupert Sheldrake, Terrence McKenna, Noam Chomsky, sometimes Eric Weinstein.

A good addition to Leos science videos. 

Edited by Rilles

The Cosmic Skeptic is an Atheist with a deeply philosophical mind. His content is not related to spiritual awakening but it is brilliant.

I've been binge watching his channel for the past 24 hours.

Edited by Brittany

@Brittany He is early green at best according to my estimation (vegan activism). His disagreement with Sam Harris isn't very surprising either as moral relativism is pretty much a staple in rationalist circles. He is a strong materialist (explains his determinist view on free will). He might go yellow later in his life or if he stumbles across some type of consciousness expansion.