Neptune2020

How to get enlightened

22 posts in this topic

What is the most efficient way to get enlightened ? 

Research + practise until you are dead. Google is your friend, so is actualized.org.

Behave like you are already Enlightened because in actuality, you ultimately are. The Universe simply responds to the vibration you emit. Observe how many of the most kind, loving, compassionate, joyful and helpful beings act and replicate that attitude towards life. Eventually you will become who you truly are if you truly desire it and put enough time and effort into it. Eventually it becomes effortless and most simple to be yourself.

B R E A T H E

I have a journal in the journal's section that has the instructions on the direct path to enlightenment 

source: cook-greuter.com 

Ask your Thymus/Lungs & Heart. 

I sit for 30 minutes and ask myself "who am I ? " 

and I answer, perception. Then have another thought that is just another perception of reality.

Who am I? A mind/body..?

The thought of being a mind/body is just a perception of reality, but who is perceiving that this question is a perception of reality? Myself ? (Back to square one)

But who is perceiving that I am myself? My brain? The brain is just another perception. But who is perceiving that the brain is another perception? My mind/body? 

I am trying to think myself into enlightenment and find some kind of process, this is some exciting but confusing work.

Edited by Neptune2020

13 hours ago, Neptune2020 said:

I sit for 30 minutes and ask myself "who am I ? " 

and I answer, perception. Then have another thought that is just another perception of reality.

Who am I? A mind/body..?

The thought of being a mind/body is just a perception of reality, but who is perceiving that this question is a perception of reality? Myself ? (Back to square one)

But who is perceiving that I am myself? My brain? The brain is just another perception. But who is perceiving that the brain is another perception? My mind/body? 

I am trying to think myself into enlightenment and find some kind of process, this is some exciting but confusing work.

You need a little bit of theory to set the context for your practice. When you become aware of who the thoughts are arising TOO you will always inevitably say "me". The next thing to have to do is ask yourself WHAT / WHO you are. You are always going to say you are this body. You can't deny that. Then you need to look at your assumption that you are this body IN LIGHT OF what you have learned through the prepatory theory exactly what awareness is NOT. This means you will come to a dead end. You will be wondering how the hell you are supposed to be awareness without a body but still no matter what you do you always discover that you think every time that you are this body. If you just keep doing that you will not be focused on externals anymore, you will consistently be questioning your own ego via your own ego. The ego is the one who is questioning itself. The quieter you become the more you sense non dual reality. When you get an experience you must reflect on it and integrate it. But never allow yourself to get stuck there. People who get stuck believe they have become enlightened permanently and then create all kinds of problems for themselves. Just keep practicing and you will no longer create problems for yourself because your ego is distracted with continuous questioning instead of trying to look outside for satisfaction. 

Edited by White

source: cook-greuter.com 

Why do want to “become” enlightened?

In the honest observation of that question you may understand why you are not free. 

You will see that the very question “how to become” is responsible for ones sense of lacking in the first place. 

Instead of looking to thought “how to”, understand what the underlying problem is through understanding the self/thought. 

And in that one will not set the aim low by merely pursuing the idea of “enlightenment”, but will by far surpass any mental/emotional construction that time (the psychological entity who seeks to become) has put together.

Edited by Faceless

On 6/19/2018 at 1:29 AM, Neptune2020 said:

What is the most efficient way to get enlightened ? 

Hello Neptune2020,

I would say there is no single most efficient way to become "enlightened". Each has a unique gateway/door to enlightenment. 

To be more general - enlightenment is the gateway to the present moment. 

Enlightenment is right now. Not metaphorically but literally. 

I would also say that any quick way to enlightenment will yield poor results if all the aspects/desires of life wanting to be experienced have not been properly analyzed, balanced, and understood. It would be like a tree attempting to grow great branches that reach out to the sun with weak or undeveloped roots and thus a weak foundation, or worst, the consequence of collapsing under its own weight.

An abstraction is never the gateway to the “present moment” 

It is in the absence of abstraction that total freedom becomes an actuality. 

On 6/19/2018 at 2:48 PM, pluto said:

Behave like you are already Enlightened

That's how deluded motherfuckers can be born :P

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

6 hours ago, Preetom said:

That's how deluded motherfuckers can be born :P

That's what got me Enlightened(for the most part), knowing i am already there by nature, dropping all that i was ever taught by culture/society and being who i truly am while letting go of everything else that came from thoughts or conditions. Eventually i had become who and what i truly am :)

Since then i have rarely had another question about life, who i am or the meaning of existence or how things work. All is innerstood.

B R E A T H E

@pluto That’s so beautiful.

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

18 hours ago, pluto said:

That's what got me Enlightened(for the most part), knowing i am already there by nature, dropping all that i was ever taught by culture/society and being who i truly am while letting go of everything else that came from thoughts or conditions. Eventually i had become who and what i truly am :)

Since then i have rarely had another question about life, who i am or the meaning of existence or how things work. All is innerstood.

Good for you. How old were you when you decided to take full responsibility and started freeing yourself from everything you already know? 

Was there something specific that drive you in this journey?

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''