Truth Addict

All mathematics destroyed (1 + 1 = 1)

66 posts in this topic

First of all, I'm not saying that mathematics is wrong or bad or anything like that, I'm here to make some things clear about it.

Also, I don't have any historical resources for my information below, I just assume that it happened the way I describe.

So we start:

Have you ever happened to question mathematics? Especially this special and most obvious truth of (1+1=2).

If you did question it, you'd immediately see what's really going on.

So my claim, in brief, is that all mathematics is only concepts within the mind, it doesn't have anything to do with the Truth.

For the case I'm here to discuss (1+1=2), whatever object in reality, it doesn't have any digital value (1 or 2 or anything else), because it is itself, and nothing else.

Mathematicians and logicians are (or maybe just the human mind) very intelligent thinkers, they were able to create conceptual values for objects, so then they could use it to benefit practically.

This means that we agreed (unconsciously, but they did consciously) that every distinct object in reality has a value of 1 and if we have another object then we have another 1 etc...

Now what happened is very smart and interesting, as human societies started to get complicated and increased in numbers, etc... They needed to create something to help them with their trades, relationships, life, etc... to make them easier, so they started to use mathematics; they (and we as well) agreed that they could combine distinct objects intellectually, so they created the "plus" symbol and used it as a tool to combine the digital values that they created in the first place.

They agreed that they could code this process with language (mathematics), just like any other language, to help socialize and interact easier.

So, for example, if we have an orange, we say we have one orange, and if we have another orange we say we have two oranges instead of saying we have one plus one oranges. (One orange + one orange = two oranges) rather than (one orange + one orange = one orange + one orange). Notice how beneficial this is, symbolic abbreviations that help us consume less time, especially these days when we deal with millions and billions. Actually, we can't perform without mathematics, because without mathematics, if you wanted to say one hundred you would say one and one and one and one and one and one and one and one and one and one and one and one and one and one and one and one and one etc... to a hundred, think about a million then ?

You see, we created this conceptual framework to make life easier, and it does make it easier. The problem here is that we take it for granted, and we tend to forget how it initiated and evolved.

This is the whole show at play, it's only a human convention. Not the Truth. And that's why we can't prove it, because you can't prove what you construct (you can't prove that C + A + T = CAT because it's it by your own definition).

In reality, we can't combine stuff together, if we have one orange and another one, and we want to combine them together, we will ultimately get one orange. An easier example to explain this is if we take each orange and squeeze it then combine the juices together, we will only get one single juice not two separate juices. That's why the final result of any combination must be one number that has one value, not a single digit necessarily, but a single whole number (a unity) (37485836 is a single number or a unity, because it's not 37485835 + 1)... (CAT is a single unity, because it's not C + A + T).

This is a proof of the unity of everything. One contains everything.

1 + 1 = 1

And I'm done.

@Dodo (hope I made my claims clear to you).

@Leo Gura (just in case you haven't seen the post). 

Edited by Truth Addict

Haha :D I love this :)

1+1=1 because what is 1 is relative. 1 can mean a single atom or 1 can mean the whole universe.

If we stretch what you said further then 1+1= anything you want. :D

Edited by Salvijus

3 hours ago, Salvijus said:

Haha :D I love this :)

1+1=1 because what is 1 is relative. 1 can mean a single atom or 1 can mean the whole universe.

If we stretch what you said further then 1+1= anything you want. :D

Yes exactly.

And actually 1 isn't even a thing, not even a concept, it's nothing and everything at the same time.

I kind of understand the whole thing but can't communicate it. Maybe the most accurate description is: a continuum of everything and nothing where everything is ultimately nothing and nothing is ultimately everything.

One contains everything. ?

Of course the whole trick to mathematics is how to define the units, and every definition is permissible.

You can say a carton of eggs is 1, or a dozen, a trillion trillion atoms.

Mathematics is a projection of the mind. It's about where your mind chooses to draw the boundaries.

Also, interestingly: 1 infinity - 1 infinity = 1 infinity.

Infinity contains an infinite number of infinities inside it! :o

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

17 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course the whole trick to mathematics is who to define the 1, and every definition is permissable.

You can say a carton of eggs is 1, or a dozen, a trillion trillion atoms.

Mathematics is a projection of the mind. It's about where your mind chooses to draw the boundaries.

Also, interestingly: 1 infinity - 1 infinity = 1 infinity.

Infinity contains an infinite number of infinities inside it! :o

?

I actually removed many points from the post before posting it because otherwise it would be very long and maybe hard to understand.

One of these ideas is: 1>1 and 1<1 because 1 contains everything including itself, which ultimately creates infinite number of infinities.

I still wonder how couldn't I see it before? It's so obvious!

Edited by Truth Addict

@Leo Gura so does the other infinity. 

1 infinity - 1 infinity = 0

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

18 minutes ago, pluto said:

1+1 is also 3 ;)

Surrealism.

Much deeper sight is needed my friend to see that for what it really is. The funny thing is, it is of most simpleness.

Then again Simplicity is the Ultimate Sophistication in itself :)

B R E A T H E

One plus one equals two, yeah you're right

1+1=3 in the highest degree of reality. 

5 hours ago, pluto said:

Much deeper sight is needed my friend to see that for what it really is. The funny thing is, it is of most simpleness.

Then again Simplicity is the Ultimate Sophistication in itself :)

Yeah, whatever.

5 hours ago, Bane said:

1 + 1 = 2 

Fuck off!

3 hours ago, Rinne said:

One plus one equals two, yeah you're right

Of course.

2 hours ago, Quanty said:

1+1=3 in the highest degree of reality. 

Yeah, whatever.

Edited by Truth Addict

Triggered

As Leo said, in maths units are very important.

1 cat  + 1 cat = 2 cats. Yes you know what a cat is - that annoying creature clawing on your curtains. 1 cat + 1 cat = 124124 bajillion atoms is also correct, but that's because we are using a different unit on the other side of the equation.

it's like saying 1x + 1x = 4y. The coefficients are 1, 1 and 4, but the objects being added and the resulting object are different. This doesn't mean that 1+1 = 4, it means that x and y are different or 0.

If 1 + 1 = 1, then after you add 1 cat to another cat, you will have 1 cat. Does it work? 

Edited by Dodo

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

On 09/06/2018 at 9:29 AM, Truth Addict said:

This is a proof of the unity of everything. One contains everything.

1 + 1 = 1

This made me remember something that I was interested in previously. I was doing some research and found out that actually 0 contains everything, and 0 can be considered to be the biggest number, because it is the sum of all other numbers from negative infinity to positive infinity.

Eg: If we look at the pairs -10+10 -9+9 -8+8 ... etc... Zero sum game.

Btw, if you're interested in Mathematics, look into fibonacci sequence and see how relevant of a model it is for noticing patterns in nature. God must be into Maths, consciously or subconsciously. 

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

1 hour ago, Dodo said:

. God must be into Maths, consciously or subconsciously. 

Wrong

1 hour ago, George Paul said:

Wrong

Then explain the Golden ratio

@Dodo

You're wrong, you're still stuck in your mind. Do some inquiry, it'll help a lot.

I wasn't talking about units, it's totally irrelevant for my claims.

2 is a human convention. We call it 2 cats when 1 cat is next to another 1 cat. 3 is the same, we call it 3 cats when 1 cat is next to another 1 cat and another 1 cat. Same thing for 4,5,6,7,8,9,10,etc... We agreed to do so, consciously or unconsciously. Are you aware of this? Mathematics is only happening in your mind.

In the real world though, objects don't have digital values. Values are mind-made.

There is only one, everything is one. You just can't see it yet.

Remember the orange juice example? It's exactly the same with cats and with everything else. You can't combine 1 orange juice with another 1 orange juice and get 2 orange juices. You will always and only get 1 orange juice. Get out of your mind a little bit and examine the real world. This is a real-life exercise, not some intellectual mind storming.

For practical purposes, we agreed to use abbreviations for everything. We abbreviate "1 cat and 1 cat and 1 cat" with the symbol "3 cats". See, it's a mind game. Exactly like language, we call that annoying creature clawing on your curtains a CAT. We can call it anything else. Is the word CAT a real CAT? of course not. Same thing goes for mathematics. Is the number 2 two objects? Of course not. It points to 1 and 1 objects, but it itself is just 1 object. Become conscious of this fact or don't. It's blindly obvious. 2 cats is an abbreviation for 1 cat + 1 cat, no more no less.

I'm not going to discuss anymore. You need to become conscious of this Truth directly, or you'll stay stuck in illusion.

57 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

@Dodo

You're wrong, you're still stuck in your mind. Do some inquiry, it'll help a lot.

I wasn't talking about units, it's totally irrelevant for my claims.

2 is a human convention. We call it 2 cats when 1 cat is next to another 1 cat. 3 is the same, we call it 3 cats when 1 cat is next to another 1 cat and another 1 cat. Same thing for 4,5,6,7,8,9,10,etc... We agreed to do so, consciously or unconsciously. Are you aware of this? Mathematics is only happening in your mind.

In the real world though, objects don't have digital values. Values are mind-made.

There is only one, everything is one. You just can't see it yet.

Remember the orange juice example? It's exactly the same with cats and with everything else. You can't combine 1 orange juice with another 1 orange juice and get 2 orange juices. You will always and only get 1 orange juice. Get out of your mind a little bit and examine the real world. This is a real-life exercise, not some intellectual mind storming.

For practical purposes, we agreed to use abbreviations for everything. We abbreviate "1 cat and 1 cat and 1 cat" with the symbol "3 cats". See, it's a mind game. Exactly like language, we call that annoying creature clawing on your curtains a CAT. We can call it anything else. Is the word CAT a real CAT? of course not. Same thing goes for mathematics. Is the number 2 two objects? Of course not. It points to 1 and 1 objects, but it itself is just 1 object. Become conscious of this fact or don't. It's blindly obvious. 2 cats is an abbreviation for 1 cat + 1 cat, no more no less.

I'm not going to discuss anymore. You need to become conscious of this Truth directly, or you'll stay stuck in illusion.

Maths is not just numbers... It's order, it's intelligence. The universe is intelligent. 

The ratio is there, even if you don't have a way to express it. It's as real as anything, it's there waiting to be measured. 

Edited by Dodo

Haha this is funny

Synchronize because I wrote this in the new book I'm currently writing (before I saw this post).

In all essence, mathematics is a collective agreement. We add a meta-belief to that "1" + "1" = 2. That's all science really is, a collective agreement, a language. Not Truth.